Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

M1 stops being registered

Since a while i notice the following problem:

As survivor:

• While repairing a gen, healing, opening a chest, saboing, unhooking snaping out of it and so on the game stops registering that you hold mouse 1 eventhough you still hold it canceling the action.

As a killer:

• The game dosent register that i hold mouse 1 for a lunge and does a fast swing (like if you tap m1) instead. The killer side happens way less.

I tested it with 4 diffrent mouses and 5 diffrent usb ports. It dosent change the issue, so it cant be hardware related (2 friends of mine have the exact same issue on their PC aswell). And while the issue dosent happen every game its still annoying.

Since it happens as killer too it shouldnt be a ping issue right? So what causes it?

Comments

• Paiz
    Paiz Member Posts: 81

I'm sure this is a case of dead by daylight being dead by daylight where a really problematic bug only happens for a small amount of people and gets randomly fixed in an update or two.

I'd recommend changing what key you have to press to do survivor actions/attack as killer and see if the issue persists.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Giddawid said:

@Crythor Since I haven't seen any other reports of this, I've registered this with our bug team for you. Thanks for letting us know :)

I can confirm this bug on Nurse after blinking, sometimes my M1 doesn't register 
  • Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Giddawid said:

@Crythor Since I haven't seen any other reports of this, I've registered this with our bug team for you. Thanks for letting us know :)

I can confirm this bug on Nurse after blinking, sometimes my M1 doesn't register 

The lunge thing might actually be a nurse only thing but i am not sure. I have played only nurse since quite some time so it could be.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

This is actually a really old issue. But since I've never found out what causes it or why it happens so randomly I never bothered to report it. Most people will just say it is lag or bad hitboxes of DBD and that could be it but It's hard to say.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Kebek said:

This is actually a really old issue. But since I've never found out what causes it or why it happens so randomly I never bothered to report it. Most people will just say it is lag or bad hitboxes of DBD and that could be it but It's hard to say.

No no, I think u misunderstood. Im not talking about hitbox, I'm talking about that when I blink and press M1 nothing happens. Just nothing, I go into fatigue as if I never pressed M1 
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I know this bug on PS4, but it only occurs for healing.

And I'm not the only one, basically every PS4 DbD player I know has this problem on a regular basis, but only for healing.

@Giddawid
    Could you please add this to your note for the bug team?

• zireael_
    zireael_ Member Posts: 25

This happens every game as survivor and killer, I don't think its the mouse because it only happens on this game.

• Temperance
    Temperance Member Posts: 19

I don't get the short lung most of the time, I usually get no lunge/attack at all and have to lift my finger up and hit the button again. It is incredibly frustrating to miss a hit on a loop you should have gotten. Tried different mice and different ports as well :/

• geishroy
    geishroy Member Posts: 139

OP, do you play at high resolutions greater than 1080P? If so do or don't, do you scale your UI like this picture:

If you have this anything higher than 100%, your game will lag with clicks as you describe.

If this doesn't apply to you, then the game just sucks :/

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 225

No this happens for PS4 Nurse as well. I've been playing her since rank reset and after the first blink I've had both the swing and second blink not work.