Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Rank is a joke

Just had a game with Spirit: first 2 guys I hook kill themselves, 1 DCs and the last one dies by Endgame and *I* lose the pip? Bullshit

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

why

do

you

care?

• HipfireBoi
    HipfireBoi Member Posts: 29

I don't, but I want to. I want rank to be fair and a true indicator of skill

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Rank hasnt been a true indicator of skill for a long time and that doesnt look to be changing any time soon. Its why red ranks are bad now, you dont need skill just play long enough.

SWF carries alot of players up the ranks also, again you dont need to be skilled, just play.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

It can't be, this game is too open to interpretation to ever make a claim of skill.

If someone loops the killer for forever and someone else does gens, who has skill? argueable only the one doing gens progresses the match for the survivor side, at the same time they are just sitting then holding a button down....

The system now is based on you doing a bit of everything, which is pretty damn RNG as it is.

• HipfireBoi
    HipfireBoi Member Posts: 29

I believe at least that if a situation like mine happens, I should at least get a black pip. They could start fixing rank by doing that.

Next step would be to make DbD a zero-sum game

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Welcome to the knowledge that has existed since the beginning...

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Count your blessings man. I LOVE being in green ranks. When I was playing in purple ranks, I was getting rank 1-2 teams, each with thousands of hours in the game to my 200. Rank reset sent me back to yellow ranks, which I am playing purple rank survivors with 200-500 hours in the game. It's a lot more enjoyable for me.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    edited February 2020

The one doing the running is giving the gen jockey, me, the time to do the gens. I have been known to do 2.3. and even 4 gens while they run them ragged. Gens are my area. Running, which i cant do, i leave to others.

I think this is how, in part, the new MMR systems is going to calculate "skill" and adjust accordingly.

Thsi game is more than just running the killer. There are many aspects of it.

After getting hit can you lose them? If so, how long does it take you?

If you run them ragged how long can you last? And how many gens got done in that time?

Does the team that did gens while the other ran the killer ragged go for the difficult save and do they pull it off not having BT? Do they get hit in the process? Does the hook escape?

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

Rank would only matter in a competitive game, this is more casual with all of the rng factors.

• StevenYPH
    StevenYPH Member Posts: 8

I'm much the same, I can knock out gens and hit great skill checks all day but once I'm in the killers line of sight I'm pretty lousy. While I've managed to evade some killers with some sneaky hiding and even slow-walked right past a few but yeah... in a direct chase I am pretty bad at it.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

This is how survivors screw over killers. It's a toxic cycle. It's pointless and ruins the game.

Personally, I think suicide, dc, hardcore camping and hardcore tunneling all ruin the game. But, I'm in the minority on both sides of the isle because I think both sides have sucky people who need to grow up before playing online games.

That's just me though.

• StevenYPH
    StevenYPH Member Posts: 8

I don't think it's just you.

Both sides need to be penalized and discouraged from certain behavior. They should implement some sort of update that monitors how long into their hook stage survivors allow themselves to die and put forward a point penalty for sabotaging their teammates.

Similarly, they should add some kind of proximity on killers face-camping survivors. Like, a point penalty if a survivor remains within a certain radius from a recently hooked survivor.