We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Are you going to buy the new killer??

Comments

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379

Normally i would because they come with an exclusive cosmetic but after seeing how he plays, im going to just use my shards.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I feel the 110% movement speed is necessary as his power is similar to the Huntress' and she has 110% movement speed. If you picture a Huntress at 115% movement speed (same speed as Trapper, Clown, Pig etc) then she could go insanely powerful with her hatchets. The movement speed is to make up for the powerful weapons they possess.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

No. He is huntress the sequel imo

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

With shards, yes

With money, no

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Gonna wait and see if he is viable on console before not buying him.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

110% ms killer with decent chase and no map pressure? Yeah we got Huntress already.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,702

Nope

Mainly because I am playing with a controller (on PC).

Most killers I can control fine, well I am not a red rank Killer, but I don’t need to be. Huntress (and Nurse) are way too hard this way and his power is similar to Huntress. Also can’t test him on PTB because the waiting time is way too long.. so maybe I will try when I have too much shards?

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,058

I would buy him, I love his playstyle. He is fun.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

This will probably be the 1st dlc i dont buy, im done funding incompetence. Will still play but i wont spend money on the game anymore.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

No.

It has nothing to do with the character itself, but i can't play a lot, and the grind just takes to much. I also wanted to buy ghost face but it's the same problem.

I know you can get BP with archives but i have lots of perks unlocked, so it takes an insane amount of time. It's a shame, i'd love to buy more killers, but just getting those I have to get all perks is trouble enough

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178

Ima buy him

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Not straight away. Can’t afford it.

By can’t afford it I don’t mean money I mean bloodpoints. This is why I don’t buy killers day one anymore. Still got plenty of killers I need to unlock more perks for. If I buy a new killer I need to save up 1 million bp to get me so far and then I’m at the hands of rng as to what perks I have to play with, and just need to grind more to get the perks I want. I’d rather use the BP on killers I already own. None of the perks on killer or survivor are must-have so I’ll just wait.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    edited February 2020

Hell no!

Just seems bland and uninteresting to me along with being on console, i'd have better chance at hitting a apple on someones head blindfolded.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Duhhh I’d buy the new chapter 10 times if I could

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

Yeah I think he is going to be perk of dependant and if you get a bunch of crappy perks your screwed

• Flarefire_Xx

Yeah I don’t play crazy much, just lots on my weekends and it takes me a week to lvl 50 a killer, but if there a bad killer it takes longer

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I'm getting him for free with shards. It's a no brainer... I got plenty.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

I will because I own all the DLC for the game, but the dude needs a buff badly, while imo he is more fun then Huntress, it's just her with extra steps.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Enjoy getting shot in the head from every random you encounter if you go online. Muh wild wild west durr. Like bruh I'm picking flowers. Just ######### off.

I bought every other killer so that's my answer. Huntress is legit on console. Guys, their hitboxes are pill shaped and her hatchets are the size of cinderblocks. It's when level geometry gets in the way is when she's a pain.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

I'm not buying anything more from this game until they really start to look at gen speed and nerfing survivor meta perks.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I'll buy the killer but the survivor is a no go.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

I might give in to the compulsive purchase but I'm pretty disappointed with the Nurse and Ruin nerf so I don't want to reward lackluster decision making. The icing on the cake is when devs explain things in the game and its very clear that if they play at all, they are rank 18s.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Oh with me being so good at shooters, I will be amazing as Deathslinger

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

Also I dislike the lighting on the new map. I know you have to run it on ultra but I already have frame rate issues on low with 40% resolution. I know I could get a high end PC but I don't want to drop $2,000 to support a $30 game.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I will for the M&A or Insidious snipes.

And because hes original so I dont have to spend money on him. I will inevitably get him at some point. Plus I wanna yell "GET OVER HEEEEERE" at every survivor.

• Farshad7913
    Farshad7913 Member Posts: 58

Nahh, he's too weak. i dont wanna waste money too have a post release oni on my hand. oni was a BEAST in ptb but they butchered him after i bought him.

so unless they change him so that he's not just a weaker huntress, i dont think i'm gonna spend money this chapter.

shame tho i was so excited.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

He's on my list after bhvr has fix the things that annoy me most, but not because of the killer... I like to have the survivor. She is a hottie^^.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Lol no I got 6k shards because I was saving up for a legion skin I'll just get the new killer instead

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257

No because I play on console and trying to aim while Survivors can 360 spin on a pin sounds like absolute ######### misery

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539

I've stopped supporting this game, so no more purchases. Only played once since New Year's and reaffirmed my decision to stay away for the foreseeable future.

If DBD ever figures out what game this is supposed to be - competitive or party - and stops nerfing features I like to use then people like me might come back.

From reading the forums today I don't think anything I'm looking for has improved or changed.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Maybe if he could change of proyectiles...like harpoon to close survivors and one without chain to down it

• rickyhowl
    rickyhowl Member Posts: 3

Nope.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337

Yes, I can afford $7.

• Flarefire_Xx

Yeah that’s almost what I would describe him as, a much less mobile and less powerful huntress

• NittanyBruin1719
    NittanyBruin1719 Member Posts: 46

Unfortunately, not in his current state. As others have mentioned, while fun, he's not very good. I love his look and base ability itself so if they rework him so he can better apply pressure (bayonet charge plzzz) he'd be a day one grab for me.

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

I have plenty of shards so I might buy him after a few months when they work on his kinks or nerf him even more.

• Flarefire_Xx

yeah someone will find a good perk combo on him and then he will be nerfed below the clown

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Eh he is pretty generic, nothing that will work specifically well.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Not unless they change either his movement speed, or make the harpoon shot down survs when there injured. He has no real pressure. Everyone is already learning how to counter his harpoon shot.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Got up to level 130, finished the cowboy pass, maxed every trade, and killed so many animals they've all been extinct since Christmas. Yet I still get 1 shot by some kid with a BB gun. Yeah it's not for the faint of heart if you try to be friendly.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

He seems a bit weak. If he's a strictly worse Huntress... mehhh...

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

Yeah, so far he's been really fun, Gearhead has become my religion. Also he denies drop-pallets & can actually get survs off of Haddonfield's extremely fun balconies, something that makes me, quite aroused. He could do with a few buffs, but he's fun.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

he's fun but i will not put money into hime played 2-3 game on the ptb and i already see his power limitation

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

I'm going to use shards but I'm not spending any money on this chapter as I don't like the new Survivor or her Perks except maybe For the People.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

yes.

its a new killer, ofc im gonna get him!

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

You know what?

This is going to be my last DLC. This game is really going to ######### and I haven't got the patience to wait for literal years so the devs can finally balance around high ranked players.

This game is a total joke now.

• Flarefire_Xx

Yeah I would quit but tbh I think console is better to play on than pc, if console could run 60fps, I think it would be much better than pc