Change the 'Hatch an Escape' Challenge in Level 3

This is challenge needs to never come back to the tomb ever again or at least get put down to only 1 escape through the hatch with a key. This challenge takes hours if solo queuing like myself. It took me 5 and a half hours to get both of them done. As I kept running into iridescent head huntresses, insidious camping p3 bubbas, etc. and completely useless team mates. Even if it was just escaping through the hatch, it wouldn't be as difficult. To get a key and hatch escape is far too rare as a solo.

I ended up losing about 6 weaved ring addons, 3 black ward offerings, and 5 keys across different characters to finally get it done. I had to put on a game map offering to finish it cause, it signifigantly narrows down the search area to look for the hatch. This challenge needs to be changed. And I don't want to hear winging "well I did it in my games back to back", cause it just means you got lucky or are apart of a swf team.

Comments

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Yeah it can be difficult because certain things have to happen in the game for it to work. You have to survive for the hatch to spawn, which means you need good teammates who can do gens, but not too good because you want some to die so the hatch can spawn before the end game and you have a chance to find it.

One match all four of us make it to the end game. One guy immediaty opens the gate so now I have a timer to find the hatch and of course I die trying to find it. I'm about done trying. It's very annoying and distracting because instead of being concentrated on just doing gens and escaping, I'm now looking everywhere for the dang hatch.

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349

It's an extremley niche challenge and difficult one to pull off which is why it should only be 1 escape through this method and not 2.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Yeah that one is pretty difficult in solos. Maps like Game and Badham, i have an idea of where the hatch spawns. Did you use left behind? Ace and Plunders? Or did you use your own build?

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349

I had to use my own build cause not all my characters had keys, and I didn't have left behind on those ones, so it made it extremely difficult and ticked me off quite a few times, especially after running into 3 iridescent head huntresses in a row, and terrible team mates.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Well at least it is over now. I still got 1 more left...haha....😢

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 50

If you become really desperate run left behind and open handed. You can see the hatch from afar and get it every game if you survive.

• deadbodyman62
    deadbodyman62 Member Posts: 43

I didnt find it that hard. Key with weaved ring and milky glass or white ward.

Run left behind and ace in the hole.

Start scouting for hatch with 1 or 2 gens left. And if everyone is dead be sneaky and follow killer. Let him find and close the hatch them jump in after.

Took me 5 games max

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

when i saw that challenge in the tomes i was like "welp, seems like there'll be a loooot of lobby dodging..."

seriously, playing against keys is hardly any fun so from a killer perspective: yes, PLEASE change this challenge!

its not like games werent over fast enough anyway, now they also want survivors to end them early...

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Devs have no clue about their game. That's why we see those stupid challenges coming back.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I did it SWF. Wasn’t even going to attempt this one solo. Relies on pure chance and the killer not tunneling or bringing franklins. You’ve then got to just bail on other survivors and take their salt too post game.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

It's also incredibly frustrating as killer to have 2 survivors just escape like that. It's an awful challenge for everyone. No one likes it

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254

How is left behind supposed to help? It only works when the hatch is already open..

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

You can lure the killer nearby/act like you don't know where the hatch is and play immersed until the killer finds it then go and open it.

• Cassandra_Alexandra
    Cassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 254

I struggled bringing in keys to get this because killers would just bring in Franklin's so I ditched that plan and equipped Left Behind, Open Handed, Plunderers and Ace in the Hole and was able to get it done. It took quite a lot of matches though.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Honestly all 4 survivors in the basement was still the most difficult challenge in the game. Even keys don't draw as much spite.