We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

What About Giving the Deathslinger the Ability to Harpoon-Propel Himself?

A couple days into the PTB, it seems there's a general sense that the Deathslinger is very fun, but not overly good as a result of his nonexistent map pressure. I, along with others, originally mentioned giving him a "bayonet charge" type of ability, but I can admittedly see problems with this taking away from his primary attributes and being hard to reconcile for some. Another nonlethal alternative, would enabling the Deathslinger to periodically (30-45 seconds or so) use his harpoon to shoot into the environment an quickly propel him self forward. With this, his secondary ability is non-offensive (no longer taking away from his primary attacking mechanic), he now has the means to effectively traverse the larger maps and provide pressure, and he can stay at his current 110% movement speed. I love hearing peoples ideas on things like this, so here's just another one!

P.s. I got the game recently and this is the first chapter release I've seen--how often are noticeable changes made from the PTB when a chapter goes live?

Comments