This new matchmaking system is so bad

Options

With new matchmaking im getting placed with red ranks even though im really low ranked

This might just be because im on PS4 but im not quite sure

Comments

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I'm on PS4 and doing killer challenges because survivor queues are so slow. I've been getting red and purple rank SWF against my level 17 killer. It sucks. I don't have the perks, addons, or experience as a killer to counter this. When I play killer, I'm getting my 17 versus a 3, 3, 5, 15. My friends all quit playing the game because we'd get a level 5 killer versus a 15, 15, 17, 5. Total BS and it's turning people away in droves.

• Krilkal
    Krilkal Member Posts: 68
    Options

It's also on PC. In green ranks I get red rank survivors in almost every game. Playing killer isn't fun on lower to mid ranks right now although queues are short on killer side. Probably because killers switch to survivor or stop playing because of that. I hope they fix this asap...

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

As killer I get put with swf with about 10,000 hours combined playtime (wish I was exagerrating).

As survivor its not uncommon for me to be matched with newbie survivors with no perks and about 20-100 hours playtime.

Sucks.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

Same on Xbox. Where survs love to rub it in that they are somehow better than you because they roll with their red rank SWF buddies and pull every rank killer other than red. So balanced.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

New matchmaking?

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

It's a side effect of the new matchmaking coming soon as they are testing it. All game you do count toward this new MMR.

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Cheeki_Beaky_Bird Member Posts: 148
    Options

Playing on PC here.

Currently Rank 11, was trying to have some fun on Demogorgon.

Got pinned with a Rank 1 survivor who could loop me in their sleep, decided I didn't want to play anymore when adrenaline popped after several consecutive minutes of chasing them with no progress. Now I get a 15 minute ban :)

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157
    Options

I'm a Rank 20 Killer on PS4 and getting mostly green rank survivors (and sometimes purple ranks).

Thankfully, I can get them hooked enough to do most Archives challenges, but yikes. On the flip side, we are purple/red ranks (me & wife) and getting crazy numbers of white rank Killers.