Why is the pig so weak?

Comments

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I think Pig is a great killer. The only thing really holding her back is her Trap RNG and potentially her add ons (they need a rework imo). 🐷

• StuMacher
    StuMacher Member Posts: 110

Yeah the rush attack is not a good stealth attack. You're better off with an m1. I think m2 is best suited for pallet stand offs. I also find trapping someone's head then once again when they get more effective than using them all one per survit.

When used on me the blindness is my least favorite. It forces you to check all hooks for your teammates near the end game or let them die. It's risky to run around blind looking for teammates with 1 or 2 gens to go when the killer has 1k or better.

• Mastropiero
    Mastropiero Member Posts: 62

I think it's fun, but as I said before, I also think it needs a change, considering that you have to pay for it. But nobody answers if there are plans to make a change or not, I could return the dlc and buy it at another time or use the money and spend it on another video game. It is a very simple question and the answer is even simple, if there are future plans or no moment plans for it, I do not understand why they refuse to give me a simple answer like "yes" or "no" 😑

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

It's an easy answer..her stealth and ambush have too many downsides and are screwed by tiles and open maps, her traps are very inconsistsnt on effectiveness and it's her only saving grace really..shed be fine with some numbers tweaks or maybe adding a layer to one or two of her abilities, shed be fine if that was done

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Pig is honestly a fantastic killer, great fun to play, I would recommend checking out Scorpionz on twitch, he's a pig main, has multiple accounts with 1000s of hours on her and he messes around a lot in games and still lands 4Ks often. People are just too lazy to learn killers now-a-days.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    edited February 2020

They actually have confirmed add on changes for The Pig on @Almo 's wall and Peanits said it on a different Pig related thread.

Edit: Screenshot for the lazy :P

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Yeah the add-ons are overall pretty lack luster except for a couple. Higher chance to trigger to skill check while removing RBT? Please. Better missed ambush cooldown? Yawn. Her ultra rares are not very impressive either, more like just gimmick effects.

There is one thing that is OP about her - her cuteness.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

So the fact you think just because Cannibal can insta down 4 people proves you've never been high ranks with him. The dudes power is completely useless because it's so easy too loop, and even if he uses his chainsaw he's only getting 1 person less he camps. He will M1 most of the game unless you're out of position. And just because a killer has good perks doesn't mean they are good lol.

And Freddy only has been good since his rework, before then he was the worst killer in the game, so OP saying that all DLC have been amazing killers is just wrong and false information.

Pig's main ability isn't stealth, it's the traps which delay the game. Pig could never stealth and still do well because of her power too delay the game, Tru3 does it all the time. Pig can be stealthy when it's needed, but it's not her main role.

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113

Sadly just being a one hit killer doesn't mean that you apply good pressure, bubba is the worst killer, hillbilly can still be out played and pressured even Iri huntress can lose.

Her speed and bear traps don't stop survs from doing gens

• Mastropiero
    edited February 2020

You are inventing things, so stop blaming me for what you say, I say that Freddy is a good killer today I never said he was always, the false information is giving by you and I will not continue talking to a person that lies and says that I am saying things that are not true. I will not continue reading what you say because clearly you like to lie and falsely accuse people

• Mastropiero

You are inventing things, so stop blaming me for what you say, I say that Freddy is a good killer today I never said he was always, the false information is giving by you and I will not continue talking to a person that lies and says that I am saying things that are not true. I will not continue reading what you say because clearly you like to lie and falsely accuse people.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Any killer with a hoody, lemme think. Frank, Susie, Julie, Joe, Amanda, and Danny (I guess?)

Wow, you main 6 killers? Incredible.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Sometimes I break free from the hoodies, I play alot of Oni, Michael, Huntress, Demogorgon, and Texas Red here soon

In order for me to have realistic ideas to if its a good idea to balance something, I had to play EVERY killer to see from the view of this killer

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179
    edited February 2020

It's been said several times Lullaby, Unnerving, etc.. don't interact with jigsaw traps. Infectious Fright does because screaming interrupts actions.

That being said, you're lucky if they don't get it off first box they go to

The RNG is quite unreliable and generally not worth it just ambush everyone at unsafe pallets (or fake it since they'll just abandon loop the second you crouch anyway) and slap traps on ASAP and hope it buys you some time since you have no mobility or map pressure.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

That is 1 person off a generator for an extended amount of time.

• Mastropiero

let's be honest, you will always upload your best games to youtube. You can find excellent games with any killer if you search for videos on youtube 🤣

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Ironic how you say I lie yet you are going against the argument in the post. Please do actual research before you post things, ty.

• notyarbllewe
    notyarbllewe Member Posts: 213

Like multiple people have said, you gotta learn how to play the killer. Killers are not just "good". I've heard this quote before: "The killer doesn't make the player good, the player makes the killer good." As many people think Legion is absolute crap, I get straight irids with him almost every time, because of my experience with him. That is the same with any killer because they all have their own playstyle. For example, if I play as Spirit for a while then go back to Legion, it is a high chance I'd fail as him, due to becoming accustomed to an entirely different killer.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Firstly, go back to ENG 101, fix your grammar vomit. Secondly, Pig is kinda average between all the killers. License has nothing to do with how good or bad Killers are (Leatherface is kind of a joke at red ranks, while Hillbilly and Spirit are some of the top tier Killers). The thing with Pig is her RBTs are too RNG- either they're weak because a Survivor got a trap off near immediately, or 'OP' because they couldn't get find the right box before it popped.

• SL33PY
    SL33PY Member Posts: 71

Is no one going to mention the fact the bubba is much worse than the pig even with his one shot? If they wanted to make the pig really strong make her dash one shot. Problem solved even tho survivors would not go for that at all and cry OP

• erbara
    erbara Member Posts: 3

I think everything depends on playstyle.

Killers are weak, in general. If survivors are good, even without beeing swf, it's really difficult to "win games" (= 4k) as a killer. That's why it's frustrating in general to play killer. That's why high ranks is full of nurses, spirit and billys.

So, having that into account, yeah, pig is weak. Her playstyle consists in making survivors waste time, which wont happen in high ranks. Everyone is so efficient that those windows almost never happen.

But now, should you play her? Well. If you like stealth killers and playing with survivors minds making them panic (instead of only throwing them to the floow) yes.

"But Ghostface also plays with their minds". True. They have to look everywhere while they repair, but once they hear the beat when he's chasing someone else, they are free to repair.

Pig, is meant to make people waste their time running from a box to another, play with their minds. If you see a team genrushing, if you are able to set a trap on someone, now they have to run from box to box to be free. You can chase them too, so that they decide whether to heal or try to take the trap off.

I've never seen a team not repairing to avoid turning traps on.

This is if you like her playstyle. If you like insta down killers, stop forcing yourself to play her. Even if you think that clown is a stronger killer, which almost anyone will say it's not, then stop forcing your way. I'm not arguing about if clown is better, I'm saying that if most people found him weaker and you don't, maybe he fits more to you than pig will ever do.

If you are so desesperate about "IS SHE GOOD, I ONLY HAVE 2 HOURS TO TEST", make yourself a favor and return the dlc. Buy it only when it's on discount and stop wondering so much. 2 hourse aren't enough to learn her playstyle so you will hate every second of it.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2020

At the end of the day she's just an M1 killer with a below average stealth mechanic and an unreliable game slow down.

If her ambush wasn't extremely bad and actually countered loops she would be quite decent. However currently 9/10 times you are better off just standing up and M1'ing. That is a sign of a poorly implemented mechanic. You are almost never hitting someone with an ambush unless they are playing like a complete potato. There is too much warning of the ambush(and even crouch) given to survivors.

With the terrible height in her crouch where you can't even see over grass and the heavy slow down it gives, you have to use it very sparingly.

Most people pointing out traps as the main issue with her aren't correct imo. Her traps do need improvements, like being more consistent time wasters and reverting their change to end game activation, but her biggest issue is as I mentioned earlier, her ambush.

She also has quite a few issues with her addons.

Against competent rank 1 survivors that know what they're doing Pig is getting destroyed quite easily, luckily the average survivor is a potato even at rank 1, so she looks stronger than she actually is.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Gimpyfish didn't make Bowser not bottom-tier in Melee, so scorpionz doesn't make Pig good in this game. :P

• As a pigmain myself she is not bad

there is a certain nice to her, she had built in slowdown of gens

her ambush is pretty fun to use if u know when to use it

she can get first hits pretty easy if u know how to crouch and sometimes they result in gen grabs

my current perk build is

make your choice

sloopy butcher

nurses calling

brutal strength

2nd fav build

whispers

moniter

pop

save the best for last

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

All I'm going to say is I had no idea any killer could throw a survivor.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175

Dude... Legion? And if you mean licenced killers, Demogorgon? There's also one hit free killers, and two of the top three killers are free, so I would say def not pay to win.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

She's not bad just hard to learn is all. DLC killers are not pay to win.

• SteveUrkle
    SteveUrkle Member Posts: 1

Definitely sounds like a "Pay to win" type of attitude. Learn the killer. Simple

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

The Pig is a joke now. She used to be extremely threatening.

But they nerfed her so ######### badly she isn't even a threat anymore. Just piles of unnecessary and redundant nerfs. Like having the helmets deactivate in her terror radius, while ALSO increasing the range of her radius… as a Stealth Killer...

This is coming from someone who has mained Pig since her initial release and continued to use her in 2019. She's not nearly as threatening as she was, because she was given so many tweaks to make her "more fair to play against".

Also, saving her traps for the last gen is a horrible idea, because survivors will just 99% a gen and keep it going until a trap is off the head. At that point, you're just slowing the game down, which you can do when the match is less dire and you have more breathing room. Her traps need to go on right away. Sure, in the past, you could save your traps for the Late Game and they -actually had strategy to it- but with her innumerable nerfs and zero addressing in the past years, there's no strategy to helms anymore; saving them has no impact on the game.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306

Because:

• Gh057f4C3
    Gh057f4C3 Member Posts: 11

Excuse me sir, I have mained Pig and she is anything but weak. Just because a killer doesn't have an instadown ability like the killers you listed or a ridiculous hitbox doesn't mean they're bad. I hope you actually attempt to learn the character while playing instead of thinking your gonna get a 4k the first match you get.

• Rezblaze

Bubba is a bad killer because he is badly designed. He was rushed and half his addons do nothing for his characters. Bubba isn't a bad killer in his own right; he's just straight broken. He needs a rework.

The Pig, however, was once a competent and strategic killer who had a threatening power, who is now reduced to a glorified slow-down killer.

• Rezblaze

I've mained The Pig too.

She is pathetic in her state. Helmets used to have strategic value to them for Early, Mid, and Late Game slowdown. Now there is no benefit to putting helms on Late Game. In fact, it works against you, as they can just hit the last gen and run through the escape given the helms no longer activate at the exit gate.

"Logical changes" on an already average killer completely gimped her of any strategic value. The only thing going for her is stealth.

• Gh057f4C3

I get that the Pig was given a very unfair nerf to a system of gameplay that actually worked, however it didn't completely destroy the strength she has over slowing games. Then people complain that the lunge is useless, even though if you zig zag the lunge on a loop correctly you'll almost always get a hit.

• Rezblaze

Well yeah, her Ambush is far from useless (It just needs more addons I think) but as I said above, she's been changed from a strategic killer to a killer whose power is a glorified slow-down.

Slowing down the game is strong. It would be on any killer. But with that being her only power, it has no bite. Having a helmet isn't scary anymore in the Late Game. There's no value to saving your traps.

• Gh057f4C3

Hearing that traps late game meant nothing anymore was disheartening, but hopefully down the road there's some reconsideration in the handling of her ability and objective pressure. I feel like it's still possible for a Pig to be terrifying as long as she plays as oppressively as she can.

• Rezblaze
    edited February 2020

Literally all they had to do was pause or slow down the end-game collapse timer while there was a bear trap on someone's head. That's all.

Instead they nerf her entire kit and expect us to be happy.

"A logical change. ;)"

• Gh057f4C3

In other words Dbd just doing "a pretty good job" as usual 🙃

• oskar0ch
    oskar0ch Member Posts: 29

You obviously don't play her properly then, because I main her and her crouch ability is the most useful and important part of her ability. The traps just slow down gens, which is also very useful.

• SL33PY

My point was simply bubba is worst than pig even with his one shot. I play a lot of bubba and you have to be flawless to even have a slim chance of winning against a decent team. Maybe an insta down dash attack would be to strong for pig but it would be awesome as an ultra rare add on. The pig has a cool concept and she can definitely wreak havoc at times but she’s also easy to win against especially at higher ranks. Her power slows down survivors but not nearly enough. I feel like she could use a few buffs maybe 5 key boxes from the start but extend the timer a little. Let her start with 1 more trap. Make boxes take a little longer. The pig is one of my favorite killers to play as and to play against but she could use some small buffs without a complete rework.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

The trick to using pig's dash is to not dash. I've never once been in a position where a dash is the best strategy, and unless the pig crouched up on me at a gen, which already guarantees a free hit, I've never been hit by the pig's dash. There is no point in using it. Pig's power is that she can crouch, so no terror radius, and the traps waste alot of time from survivors, but it's not meant to kill, and I'm genuinely surprised when someone dies from it. I have never had a problem with pig, as a stealth killer, she gets 1 free hit, then she is kind of an M1 killer, but it's not too bad if you know how to counter loop. With how short she is, she can be hard to see at some pallets, which gives an advantage.

• des7in
    des7in Member Posts: 47

Trunchbull next killer confirmed.

*SHOT PUT, JAVELIN, HAMMER THROW.*

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

That is one person off a generator for a variable amount of time. Could be extended, could be comparable to the time it takes to mend.

Yo, if you actually have any legitimate ideas on how the Trunchbull would work as a killer, please take a shot. I have been trying to figure this fan idea out for a while, but I've never been able to figure out how to properly implement the stuff like the hammer, javelin, and shotput.

• SL33PY

ive Actually had survivors message me that my pig is terrifying. Surveillance is a great perk

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

Sure, anywhere from 10 seconds to a bit over a minute. Legion can get 8-12 seconds as many times as they want in a match, and are guaranteed the first hit in a chase. As far as slowing the game down goes, she's either ######### or amazing there's hardly ever any "Average"

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Well if we wanted to go for realism, small drug-addict Amanda Young would be the weakest killer in real-life. Maybe between her and one of the female Legions.

But seriously, yeah...she needs some in-game tlc.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Pigs currently at mercy to gens spend to much time on one survivor you have 4 traps to 3 gens I have no idea why gen speeds are going crazy I had no issue in till recently. Belive it or not I've got rid off all anti gen perkd running fire up its actually helping me I just wish she had actually an end game

🐷

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416

You aren’t using pig right if you don’t dash the dash isn’t meant to just go straight through a loop though you need to either trick by baiting with your light or moon walk and catch the survivor off guard