Are survivors still having fun?

Options

With how rough this game is right now for killers, are survivors still enjoying things? I tried switching over to survivor for a while, and it was simply mind numbing how easy it was, no matter how strong the killer was or how well they played. Survivor mains, is this still enjoyable for you?

Comments

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    Options

I mean, is it actually fun to not have to try? Most games feel like a foregone conclusion once three gens pop, typically just after the first hook. I don't know, it just felt like a waste of time to even have to do the last two gens in most games since the killer could only hassle one of us at a time.

• lLunchB0X
    lLunchB0X Member Posts: 3
    Options

I guess it would depend on the platform and peoples personal experience. If you look at the numbers Xbox and PS have survival rates around 60% or lower at rank 1 vs 80% for PC. I personally haven't been playing long and I can only offer what I've experienced in solo que. I play on PS and I get a lot and I mean a lot of Survivors farming each other and 3 times today I had a Survivor help a Killer, the last Survivor who helped the Killer was Rank 5 so Purple Rank.

All in all though it's what ever, just something that'll hopefully make me a better player. I'm always surprised when I see people saying Survivors are OP because even in Purple Ranks(I've never hit Red, I'm a potato) in solo que it's really pretty much a toss up with most groups being pretty bad. Red and Purple losing to a Rank 16 Killer and I mean 4K.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

PS4 survivor is hell right now because your teammates literally have no idea what they’re doing even in purple or red ranks

so I’m not particularly having fun atm

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

If you play solo, it's a mixed bag right now. You can get OK teammates and then you can get urban evaders all match who won't do gens.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

I lately played more killer cause its just more fun than being tunneled, camped, slugged and moried while enduring the utmost potatoe mates in 90% of the games. Dont see where survivor is any fun with all this issues?

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

Average game for survivor is even more 1v4 than it is for the killer so yeah I still find most rounds intense, but probably for wrong reason.

Wish I could face good Billies all day long.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Well the queues are certainly not fun.

Just waited around 10-15 mins for a game...was playing against a poor Ghost Face. Was trying to do the 12 unhooks Tome challenge...but Ghost Face was so crap that he wasn't getting any hooks.

Then what do you know...I got hooked and camped. Died. No unhooks.

Being survivor is on the whole more of a pleasurable experience than killer, but I don't find it super fun.

• camman0000
    camman0000 Member Posts: 35
    edited February 2020
    Options

its boring because its so easy on the survivor side, god its so embarrassing how more powerful i feel as a survivor instead of a killer. I hate how hard I have to sweat as a killer, it makes the game infuriating and not fun.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 343
    Options

Nope. I play survivor and killer about equally

Last two matches as survivor I bled out because the killers were using slugging builds. I really need a break from this game I believe

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Survivor can still be fun, though it's more fun when you don't run any meta perks really. I try not to use any kind of exhaustion perk because my ideal situation in a game is popping gens, helping my teammates and NOT be at the other end of the killer's stick.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

I have to admit I enjoy winning and having fun so leaving killer and playing survivor was great.

It does become a bit boring when the killer chases a survivor all match and you just hold m1.

I wish they would make this game difficult which is why I posted a red rank option so it could be balanced four people who aren't new to it.

It worries me how difficult new killers must be finding it when they face fully meta survivors (at any rank)

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited February 2020
    Options

Solo survivor is not always fun. Especially now when people do challenges and don't care about anything else during a game. When you are alone with 3 swf it is even worse. They either left you to die on your first hook or they all die trying to bodyblock a killer injured. Just had a game when all of them got down multiple times and kept going to the killer, I seriously wanted to dc because I wouldn't ruin a ruined game.

• rantypaid
    rantypaid Member Posts: 41
    Options

Ruin rework has let plenty of players rank up who don't belong in those ranks. I'm glad it got a rework but not what it got.

I have more fun as killer because the game usually feels satisfying when I do well. Doing well as survivor usually means I face camp a gen for 5 minutes. I only have fun as survivor when getting chased , but a good killer will just ignore me after I loop them for a bit. Then you go against a bad one that you loop all game and it isn't fun again. This is why survivors tend to be toxic, they are trying to get fun from such a mundane role.

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

not that much fun, survivors have it rough to an extent as well; but overall survivor is "easy" unless you are the person being tunneled and camped to death. which is just about every game for most unlucky people.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157
    edited February 2020
    Options

It hasn't been especially fun lately, no, because the atmosphere has grown really unpleasant. I'm one of those people who doesn't play especially well, but I'm respectful.

I don't bring in items often (the occasional medkit because you can't always rely on solo queue survivors to heal you), I run non-meta perks, and spend the first 30 - 60 seconds of the match looking for totems so the killers can have time to set up, no teabagging, all the polite things. I run in to make safe unhooks, use Empathy to find and heal teammates, and use it to rotate in on chases to give teammates a break. On occasions when the Killer and I are finding the hatch at the same time, I back up so they can close it uncontested and get their 4K.

For this, I get bad or rude co-survivors, camped, tunneled, or early mori in the majority of my matches. Had one hag put on Franklin's and a pink mori for my super threatening yellow medkit. The atmosphere has been unusually negative on PS4 lately. Add bs hits, game glitches, and sandbagging, and it's a recipe for me to turn off DBD and play something else.

After Comcast went out once, then the modem reset later, I ended up playing through a whole match with the SACRIFICED splash taking up a fifth of my screen for fear of an even longer timeout by DCing to fix the glitch. Needless to say, I couldn't see anything in the entire upper left quadrant of my screen and ended up sacrificed, but hey, at least I didn't commit the ultimate evil in this game and DC, right?

NOTE: I'm not saying this is all matches, or that I deserve anything in particular (breaks, escapes, a save, etc.), but if I behave respectfully, normally I'd receive respectful behavior in return. Lately, not so much.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I'm not.

It's amazing to me that you think it's mind numbingly easy. I played for two hours today and didn't get out once. Every killer has slugged or face camped, and at least one survivor is going in with no intention of playing so they can get the hatch challenge done.

I play solo, and the match making, face camping, slugging at five gens, tunneling, and challenges have totally ruined it for me. Not to mention them nerfing insta heals, medkits are bugged, toolboxers are getting nerfed, and not touching ebony moris. The community is totally toxic and the game is a nightmare to play now. I have more than 1000 hours in this game and I can't wait to be done with this Tome and be done with the game, though I'm not sure anymore if I'll even finish.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

The gen rushing can get a little boring, yes.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512
    Options

With Killers yes for the most part. With my own team ######### no.

• Lmronby
    Lmronby Member Posts: 339
    Options

I'm very sad about it all; I don't really have the fun I used to have; but hey, Nancy got a new outfit.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Depends. If the game gives me a good killer? Yeah

However too many times it is giving me green rank killers with green rank survivors. These killers just circle the hook endlessly waiting for the tunnel, ignore everyone else and try to tunnel the 1st person caught out of the game as soon as possible. They all have NOED too. It guarantees them 2-3 kills because the survivors I’m put with just aren’t quite quick enough on the gens to punish that kind of play.

It’s such a lazy playstyle that requires minimal effort. I do feel NOED enables this kind of play since they know they have a crutch to fall back on later.

• Nuiveoxr
    Nuiveoxr Member Posts: 33
    Options

If they fix survivor que times, I’m able to have more fun instead of waiting 5+ mins for matches

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

I just had the most amazing match of my life with some randommers so yeah, Im having tons of fun

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

Me as survivor:

Dang i stuffed up and the killer got me, Oh well 2 gens done from that one chase and i got 2 more chances so no biggie!.

Me as killer:

Dang i stuffed up once and the David mind gamed me with decisive strike (derp).. oh well the round is lost.

• MissMora
    MissMora Member Posts: 28
    Options

Honestly not really, there really aren't enough scary matches. I started playing this game to feel like im surviving a real horror movie, but I don't think all killers are strong enough. hopefully they'll change map sizes and improve it! ^_^

• Lowercase_Symbols
    Lowercase_Symbols Member Posts: 18
    Options

Yea it’s only fun when you’re in a swf group though or at least one other friend with you.

playing alone is terrible no matter the rank, killer, or map simply because of how awful the rank system is. I still will have more fun as survivor because I don’t have to try I can lay down blast music and still get a pip or 2 every game unless I get moried or if the team isn’t doing #########

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

Yeah I'm still having fun. Even when you get potatoes in solo queue, I still have fun.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

I'm having some fun...not much but still.

1. Long Queue Times
    2. Game is too easy these days
    3. Games end too fast
    4. Low amount of BP
    5. No pips because the game ended so fast.

:(

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

It all depends on who I get for teammates. If they are god awful and just go down easily, then I know the match is over. If the survivors are good and actually can handle themselves in a chase, then it will be interesting. At the same time, if the killer begins camping/tunnelling everyone, then again, boring.