Do you think Killers will be far more try hard with the upcoming Sabo-Change?

I think the answer will be yes. I see an increase of moris, camping, tunnelling, iron grasp + mad grit, etc. incoming. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

There will be a lot of slugging, resulting in a lot of unbreakable, then resulting in salt from both sides.

• Reaper_xx
    Reaper_xx Member Posts: 173

more chaos

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

You might see Infectious Fright a bit more. Definitely more Hangman's Trick if it doesn't get nerfed to oblivion from PTB. I don't really think the sabo change is going to be a huge factor. The average solo queue survivor isn't going to have the game awareness to pull off sabo on the fly unless they're doing it at the expense of gens. SWF will be problematic for sure

• Liisjak
    Liisjak Member Posts: 40

I'll just stop playing killer and switch over to sabo survivor that looks like fun...obviously endless frustration on the killer side, but oh well if this is how devs designed the game.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

If I see 4 toolboxes, fragrant tuft of hair Meyers.

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

I'm going to wait and see how it plays out. I'm really confused as to why these sabo changes are being brought to the game right now.

Shrinking killer pool

Toxicity and frustration at a all time high.

The timing of the sabo mechanic just seems to be ill advised.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I think there may be more slugging, but only because Survivors will "try-hard" and abuse the new sabo.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I think killers already are, especially since the DC penalties have gone into play. I've never been slugged so much in my life. It's boring and it's a waste of time, especially with trying to do challenges now. I'm just dying on my first hook and going to the next game as a result now. I used to pretty regularly have the killer let the last person go. It didn't happen often, maybe once a week or two, but it happened regularly. It's probably been six months since I've seen it. It seems like most killer mains think a 4k is the only way to have fun and that's just not how I see or play this game, but what can you do.

• meatisadelicacy

I had a game yesterday where a Ghostface walked up to the gen someone was on from the opposite direction I was coming from to help make repairs. He started tea bagging, not going after the person who had been on it. So I took the chance that he wasn't going to expose me and down me to see if he was meme'ing/farming, whatever you want to call it. Played the whole game with him downing but not hooking us, kicking gens, couching in front of the gens like he was repairing them too, which made me laugh. Then when I was the last person left, was making noise by the hatch so he could close it for some extra points. It was right by one of the gates. He downed me and hooked me. So yeah, I am no longer doing anything for killers, because that happens far more to me than anything else. Killers pretending to be nice only to kill me a the last minute when I'm the one who gave them the most points. This community is toxic and I can't want to be done with this game when the Tome is done. I've actually had that happen three times recently with Ghostface alone, where they farm/meme the entire game, and then kill only me when my guard is down. That happens far more than anyone giving hatch to the last survivor anymore, and it's kinda sad.

• Tipper117
    Tipper117 Member Posts: 41

I don't know if try hard is the right word. I could hardly blame a killer for dropping a survivor and chasing another survivor when their hook gets sabod in front of them and they don't think they have time to make it to another one. I wouldn't call that try hard. I'd just say that's the smart/logical thing to do.

As for moris and stuff, I never use them. The only time I'd mori someone is if I'm running DH or rancor. You have to work a little more for a mori in those cases. But I think there's plenty like me that don't bring a mori offering because killing everyone right away just isn't fun and doesn't yield much for blood points.

Even though i play more killer right now (due to survivor lobby wait times) I'm looking forward to the meta changing up a bit. Keeps things fresh. Plus imma be busting through walls pretty soon like "oh yeah!!!" So bring on the sabo meta >: )

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

They will be a lot more try less...as in not bother playing.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Erm, if you started spamming loud noises after they let you farm, instead of just leaving the game, you shouldn't be surprised that you got hooked. Regardless of our intention what you did is extremely annoying, so I'd hook you too if I were that killer

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Nothing will change. Imo people are overreacting a bit. The only thing the sabo change does is making it accessible for solo survivors and engaging them in using new perks.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

If the devs got a bit of a brain they won't add the new sabo.

If they do then I will have to check each and every lobby for swf and play only games with 4 solos and no toolboxes.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Here's my thing, and its going to be an unpopular opinion, but if survivors are not on a generator and following me around doing hooks, that's just like someone trying to play flashlight hero.

Just go after the cheeky saboteur hang him up. If necessary leave someone else slugged. That means someone else has to come off a generator to go get him.

Its what, 30 seconds? Meh.

• meatisadelicacy

I was literally helping the killer get even more points after he farmed/memed the entire game. I was right by the open hatch and the gate and easily could have left, and he decided to kill me without hesitating. He was bad at the game and wanted it both ways - easy points and kills without having any skill. Next time, I'll just gen rush and be gone. I've been burned too many times by killers doing that.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Next time just take the hatch instead of wasting both your and the killer's time. Like I said before - everyone who gets annoyed by loud noise getting spammed in their eardrums would have killed you in that situation.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

A change that will potentially irritate killers?

What do you think?

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187

At the expense of my red rank self being called a baby, I will simply just give up and slap NOED on if the way I progress my hooks goes away due to 2.5 seconds sabos or I'll tunnel

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Yay for my scrubby noob self being low.rank.because i dont play often

• Carpemortum

So instead of just avoiding the inevitable and not playing, youd quit and ruin the experience for 4 other people.

Real nice.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

And yet there are a lot of people who d/c saying they have the right to even if it ruins others games. When they get punished they start saying its unfair

• Carpemortum

And every excuse or reason imaginable comes up from nowhere.

• MakoaKeo
    MakoaKeo Member Posts: 74

get this idea that killers wanting to get kills is the "try hard" thing to do out of your head. its the Killers OBJECTIVE TO KILL PEOPLE. ######### off with that mentality that because they want people dead they're sweaty or "try hards."

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

We all know that making it accessible for solo survivors means SWF will take it to disgusting heights. They don't know how to buff solo without making SWF more godlike.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

It's whatever narrative you've already constructed. That is what will happen.

• StuMacher
    StuMacher Member Posts: 110

I feel like itll make hangman's trick essential which sucks. One perk slot eaten up for an update. The new version does look great but the changes will make SWF teams damn near impossible to hook. Body block, flashlight saves, sabotage, no mither, autodidact and unbreakable will be more effective.

I think it's a step in the wrong direction if there is supposedly a lack of killers. I don't know the numbers but it seems killer wait times have gone up since the PTB and survivor has gone down slightly. Just my observation.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

I REALLY hope the sabo changes don't go to live, or at least are changed when going to live servers, this is one of those changes that increases the toxicity in the community A LOT on both sides.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

They will just use it as another excuse to justify their lack of skill.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Iron Grasp + Mad Grit =/= Tryhard :P

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

It will be less op in an swf, because saboing is actually slower and less efficient for swf players now. You can't 99% every hook anymore, because all hooks are on ~95%. Good sabo teams would've 99% every hook before doing gens and initiating chases anyway. And saboteur got a CD now, also sets limits for swf teams.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

We have already seen a huge change in killer gameplay, after the ruin nerf. Far more slugging and mori's. So, yeah, I can see it having an impact. Not really sure what the devs were thinking with this one.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

From your description it sounded like you had fun. It wasn't like playing against frank's mixed tape and cold dirt which is (FORUM RULE: comparison to a serious medical condition).

Side Note: Does it seem like the forum rule is less about the serious condition and more about Behavior's attempt to silence criticism?

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    edited February 2020

When a survivor DCs, the killer and 3 players left have all been cucked. When a killer DCs, all survivors earn 5,000 points and can que up for another match right away. There is a world of difference in the impact on the other four playes between a killer DC and a survivor DC. Survivor DC is much worse.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2020

None of my friends really liked the toolbox changes. It was still difficult to sabo effectively without wasting time not doing gens. Like a flashlight save, you have to be right there. You have to get 3 hooks bc theres always about 3 the killer can go to. Killer is still faster than you while holding a surv. You have to have the right add ons too which will disappear even if you die. Youll probably need yuis wiggle perk. Idk if Jake's sabo perk was changed at all. The first few games I got wiggle offs but the next day killers wised up and brought anti sabo perks, slugged with infecious fright, etc. Oh and the hooks respawn very quickly. The toolboxes charge runs out quickly. I think I could get like 7 hooks down which isnt much bc you need to get like 3 hooks around the downed surv. The killers adapted perfectly fine. Killers currently have multiple ways to counter saboing. It takes a lot of perks, items and time to sabo effectively...

I really dont understand why killers are freaking out as gen speed toolboxes are being nerfed to pretty much garbage tier. Just bc saboing will be somewhat more viable doesnt mean itll be broken. Oh and let's not forget the massive buff pigs perk is getting. So overall I think itll be a healthy update.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2020

If sabo change goes live I would expect survivor ques to be +30mins during peak hours and weekend.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

It won't really change how I play. If someone destroys a hook, then I just don't hook anyone during that match. It doesn't really matter to me, it's up to them whether they want to get the altruism points for hook saves or the boldness points for hook breaking.

• Carpemortum

I never said ANY of that was ok.

If you look at my post history you'll see I'm vehemently against ANY DC for ANY reason.

But that wouldnt fit your argument, would it?

Stop trying to put words in my mouth in lieu of an actual rebuttal.

As I say, every time, for every player or situation: if you cant or wont finish the whole game, dont queue up. Its selfish and ruins everyone elses game.

<3

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

I already see a llot of that stuff in my games...

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Hangman's Trick apparently will not make it to live as it currently is. Whether it gets nerfed, gutted, or just reverted completely (minus the Bear Trap), I cannot say.

• PerskuleBenener
    PerskuleBenener Member Posts: 43

Sounds like this update is just making killers more stupid, what ######### uses mad grit + iron grasp, that's basically waste of two perk slots