The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Suggested Fixes to Dead Hard (to Prevent Misuse).

Scully162
Scully162 Member Posts: 22
edited February 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Change 1 - Do not allow DH to be used from a standstill. At present, a survivor can just hold their run key and activate DH from a stand still. Under the activation requirements, it says that *while running* survivors can..., not "While stood still" and yet they can still activate it while stood still? It seems unfair that the activation requirement can be cheesed in this way and seems sort of cheap because there is no way for the killer to anticipate that DH may be used against them when it's used in this way. (You can argue it doesn't affect it much, but situationally it can be incredibly effective).

Change 2 - Do not make it so that using DH phases you through the killer. DH already makes you invulnerable, so why should you be able to transcend the boundaries of physical matter and just pop right through the killer? It's pretty annoying when this happens and just means that survivors can make what should have been a massive blunder (running into the killer) but get out of the situation because they phased through the killer. DH already provides a pretty powerful advantage when used/timed well and can be used to escape situations in which the survivor made a mistake and would go down (such as doing an extra loop of a pallet without the distance to support this) and as such shouldn't allow the survivor to make a mistake as severe throwing yourself into the killer while using it and still escape the situation due to the fact that they were able to DH through them to a pallet/hatch/exit gate.

This is gonna be met with a lot of criticism due to the very nature of being a change to one of the meta exhaustion perks, but please make your criticism constructive not just "OmG DH is SAcReD, HoW dARe yOUu SuGGEsT NeEd AlTeRaTIoN" and your supportive comments relevant and not "SuRViVor OP, DiS gOOd NeRF to StOP thEm" as comments like that do nothing to contribute and cause an unneeded divide no matter whether it's favouring killers or survivors.

Edit - just realised that I put this in the wrong place, so if anyone with the power comes across this/cares to could they put it in the feedback section please?

Post edited by Scully162 on

Comments

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

I will just inform you that DH doesnt allow you to phase through killer... What allows you to phase through killer is them missing a hit.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I think Dead Hard is fine as is.

Devs just need to fix the garbage map design.

• Scully162

If you DH at the killer while they swing you're able to phase through them completely. Perhaps this should be a change to a mechanic in general, but it's something which is exceptionally brought out with DH and could be solved by making it so the survivor is unable to pass through the killer while using DH.

Thanks for the information/clarification on why this happens, though.

• Scully162

Eh, fair enough. I can attest to the fact that the maps need to have more thought put into them though...

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I really do think DH is a fair perk.

If most of the maps weren't so safe for survivors, DH wouldn't be a huge issue imo.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

...and basically misplaying. Very good, and i mean VERY GOOD survivors prefer SB for a reason. DH stops working efficiently at really high level of play, except when used for distance.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

or you can just do what good killer do and bait it or dont swing? really not that big of an issue if you know they have it and you play around it. its a perk they need to be injured to use and let me honest they get to use it 3times per game unless you somehow lose them. stop crying nerfs, just get better jeez

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Ngl... came into the thread expecting devour hope...

Maybe change the title?

• Scully162
    edited February 2020

This isn't 'crying for a nerf'... This is someone asking for what appears to be odd edge cases to be fixed as they can unfairly alter the outcome of a match. I'm not asking for integral parts of the perk to be changed, I'm not asking DH to have a 10,000,000 year cooldown or make the survivor broken for the rest of the match, I'm asking for them to introduce a collision when using DH to avoid the perk being used in ways it wasn't intended to be used in. The description of the perk itself says that DH is to be used when RUNNING. Standing still and holding your run key isn't running.

I'm perfectly capable of baiting out DH, and I'm not complaining about it's core function here since I think it's a pretty decent perk, I'm saying they should patch up the parts of it that can be abused due to the way their game has been made.

No perk has ever intentionally let someone phase through another player, and no perk has intentionally allowed you to activate it without meeting it's activation requirements. This isn't a nerf, it's a fix and I'd recommend you actually read the post before you immediately think I'm asking for DH to be nerfed into oblivion.

Can I also point out you can't bait out DH from a person who is stood still? It's uh, not really a thing you can do.

• Scully162

Ah, you see I'm not complaining about DH in general - it is a decent perk - I'm complaining about weird finnicky misuses of it. You can cheese the fact that you need to be running to activate it by standing still and holding sprint and you can pass through the killer if you DH at them while they swing (including from a stand still).

DH doesn't need to be nerfed or altered significantly, just some weird misuse needs to be ironed out.

• Stitch7833

well 99.9% of the forums are asking for nerfs, and so many people seem to cry that everything is so strong... personally iv never had an issue with dead hard and if i know someone has it i just dont swing and wait for it, honestly survivors will only wait so long before they panic. and like someone said before they go through you if you swing, this is due to killer and survivor moving so fast towards each other, if you dont swing you can block pallets/doors. as for the stand still thing the thats rare people do it and there must be a reason they are just standing there so expect it. you should always be prepared for DH, i have seen so many killers panic during a chase and swing too soon even though they know the survivor has DH

• Scully162

I tend not to, but the fact that it can be activated while standing is an issue in and of itself considering the fact that in the perk's description it says it can only be used while running. The prompt for this post was admittedly a frustrating edge case but I feel like these issues have caused some survivors to escape when they shouldn't have. Idk though.

I tend to wait for it too.

• Stitch7833

im guessing you just had a rough game or two, which is common for killer, my advice just step away. the ability to use it without needing to be running x seconds shouldnt be a thing, they dont get huge distance and you kinda expect them to do it if standing still. the game gets stressful over time and easily as killer and after my 3years of owning the game this isnt a huge issue compared to so many of the other features, its a strong perk without a doubt but it is situational, doesnt cover huge distance and can be baited out without too much effort. dont let it get to you and try not to seem like youre wanting nerfs like others, i understand where youre coming from but overall the perk is fine, its just a good one compare to so many others

• Stitch7833

No, thatd make the perk stronger. that would remove the baiting and timing aspects of it, i dont wanna be forced to have to hit them even more times whether they get a burst of speed or not, id rather wait a small bit than have to clean my weapon while they gaining constant distance to that strong pallet or loop. when the ms is in green DH works fine and youre likely doing it to late.

• Stitch7833

if you get downed an exhausted at the same time this is due to you hitting the DH just as you got hit, while this is great timing in reason its actually to late, it just shows the exhaust due to the game registering you hit it but the killer has also already "hit" you. my advice just use it 0.4seconds sooner and youll be fine unless the ms/ping is too high, it should mainly be used for distance to a pallet/vault as DH is pointless in any other situation if the killers smart and knows you have it