Chapter idea: Break My Rusty Cage (WIP)

Options
GeneralSpudmuffin
GeneralSpudmuffin Member Posts: 311
edited February 2020 in Creations

It never ends, this damn rat maze... We die, come back, kill some dead f*cks, and start all over. Again and again. Well, I'm sick of it. I'm changin' this story, and I'm gonna get the hell outta this place, even if it kills me for good. -Weasel

The world is full of evil. Every second, something horrible happens to innocent people, often by the hands of their fellow man. And in the city of New York, there's a place where these men are sent, a place where they can rot away from the public eye: Alcatraz Island. Many have entered that infernal fortress, and few have ever dared escape. And some never do.

Killer: The Guard/Warden

Height: large

Terror radius: 34m

Speed: 115%

Powers:

Riot Control

-When charged, the Warden can unleash a massive cloud of thick smoke, obscuring the area and making it difficult to maneuver. Survivors in the smoke cloud are left Blind and Oblivious, as well as having their vision obscured as it mixes with the Fog. The cloud has a radius of 50m, and will linger for 30 seconds. Cooldown is 90 seconds.

Lockdown

When standing near a chest or locker, you can seal it with unholy fire. These items cannot be opened by survivors for 180 seconds, or until cleansed by a survivor. Cleansing takes 20 seconds, and will alert the killer when completed. Survivors inside a locker can not escape once it is sealed, and will be killed by the flames in 90 seconds if not freed before the timer runs out. Freed survivors are put into the injured state and Broken for 30 seconds. You can seal up to 7 objects.

Perks:

Hex: Searchlight

A hex rooting its power on the unrelenting gaze of the panopticon.  

-Dull hex totems reveals survivor auras within a 15m radius as long as the totem is up. Lit totems have double this range.

-when any totem other than this one is cleansed, all scratch marks will glow 20% brighter for 20/40/60 seconds. The survivor who cleansed the totem will leave scratch marks when walking for the duration.

"Nowhere you can go you don't have eyes on you, inmate. Get used to it." (credit to @starpilotsix for original idea)

Don't Drop the Soap

Your very presence inspires dread, making hands shake and palms sweat

-Skill checks are Slightly/-/moderately more difficult to complete while in the killer's terror radius.

-Failing a skill check in the killer's terror radius has a 10/25/40% chance to make a survivor drop an item they're carrying. The item will teleport up to 10 meters away in any direction, but is blocked by walls and other solid objects.

-You gain 50% more bloodpoints in the Deviousness category.

"Best watch yourself in the showers, inmate. You might catch more than a shank in there." -The Warden

Work in progress

The survivor: Weasel

perks:

Carpenter

Even in this new nightmare, you can feel that familiar sensation of some evil thing, taunting you.

-During a chase, performing the Vault action will block the vault location for the killer for 2/4/6 seconds. The killer cannot interact with the vault location, nor can they attack through/over it. This perk has a cooldown of 50 seconds. Cooldown is paused during a chase.

"I recognize the futility of my actions, yet I carry them out regardless." -Weasel

Dirty Rat

-When entering a chase, you reveal the next nearest survivor within a 15m range to the Killer for 3/5/7 seconds. If the survivor is working on a generator, they will be Exposed for the duration. If you reveal another survivor with this perk, you gain the Endurance effect for the duration.

-this perk has a cooldown of 120/100/80 seconds. Cooldown is paused during a chase.

"Waitwaitwait, don't hurt me!! I-I'll show you where the others are, I swear!" -Weasel

work in progress

Post edited by GeneralSpudmuffin on

Comments

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    Options

Update:

Added a perk for the Guard, as well as lowering the Broken duration on Lockdown

If anyone has any ideas for either of them, feel free to share! I love getting feedback!

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,677
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hex: Searchlight is a really interesting concept, but I think it would be a little strong applying to other totems, its basically superior to TOTH.

For your survivor perks I think it would be really cool to introduce a mechanic with survivor perks that allows them to place a "blessing" that buffs people in an AOE but can be removed by the killer. Whether or not it going would be permanent and what these thigns could do is up to you, but the idea of the AOE effect around the totem gave me the idea.

Something like Blessing: Safe Haven, Survivors within 36 meters of the blessing are protected from any effect that would reveal their aura or location to the killer. (just something I came up with on the spot as an example)

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    Options

Thanks for the input! While I do like the idea of blessings, that wouldn't really fit Weasel's character. He's an ex-mobster who's been trapped in a never ending loop of torture of his own (Mob of the Dead from Black Ops 2) so he has a very self centered mindset. His skills need to be all about getting himself out of the trial, even if that means throwing the others under the axe.

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615
    Options

Riot Control is unique, I like it. But can the Guard see through it?

The Guard does lack map presence, replacing lockdown with something else would probably be good. Maybe being able to sprint for a few seconds every 20 seconds or something?

Searchlight's first effect is fine, and definitely worth the Hex downsides, but if it effected all Dull totems, with a range of 12 meters, it'd probably be better. That's just so it doesn't protect itself.

The second effect is incredibly good. Too good, I'd say. Maybe if a totem is broken, the Survivor who broke it has their aura revealed for 3/4/5 seconds?

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    Options

I was thinking maybe giving him a bigger base speed, since they're actually pretty fast in Black Ops... Maybe a bigger TR or some loud af footsteps to go with it.

As for his smoke, I did plan on him being able to see through it. Like, when he enters it, his vision will turn all red and with burning outlines. I dunno. Point is, he can see, they can't.

And with the hex, I suppose the second effect cpuld make scratch marks brighter, as well as making you leave them even when walking/crouched at max level.

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    Options

Reworked Searchlight, as well as adding one of my other perks to him. With new flavor text and everything!

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    Options

UPDATE:

-increased duration and cleansing time of Lockdown, as well as placing a limit on how many can be active at a time

-removed scratch marks while crouched from Hex: Searchlight's effect, lowered primary effect radius

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    Options

UPDATE

-New perks for Weasel