Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

GOT MY FIRST SALTY SURVIVOR COMMENT!

8BITLORD
8BITLORD Member Posts: 27

So I was playing wraith for my daily ritual. He is LEVEL TWO and his only perk is distressing with no add ons. I killed all 4. Then a player I killed commented on my profile! It read:

"A ######### who cannot read. Maked me feel good"

I feel so proud! Ive gotten salty survivors before but rarely salty comments!

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Welp, first of a long serie of trophies if you let the comments public on your profile.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

@8BITLORD said:
    So I was playing wraith for my daily ritual. He is LEVEL TWO and his only perk is distressing with no add ons. I killed all 4. Then a player I killed commented on my profile! It read:

"A [BAD WORD] who cannot read. Maked me feel good"

Proud? Really? Not because of the 4k, but because you made someone angry? I don't get it....why? Is this the new 21st century equivalent of "chest beating"? It's not enough to perform well and outsmart a gaming opponent, it's only validated when there is proof of emotion involved? Seems a little codependent doesn't it?

It's like....you got the 4k win....nice. It's was only after the other player was frustrated that the game went from "nice" to "awesome"?

I'm not joking, this is not judgement or criticism, I honestly want to understand how pissing someone else off made your win so much better. I mean to the point that you actually made a thread about it.

You made the declarative statement without supporting statements. "I feel so proud". Why?

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

@FSB75 said:

@8BITLORD said:

Proud? Really? Not because of the 4k, but because you made someone angry? I don't get it....why? Is this the new 21st century equivalent of "chest beating"? It's not enough to perform well and outsmart a gaming opponent, it's only validated when there is proof of emotion involved? Seems a little codependent doesn't it?

It's like....you got the 4k win....nice. It's was only after the other player was frustrated that the game went from "nice" to "awesome"?

I'm not joking, this is not judgement or criticism, I honestly want to understand how pissing someone else off made your win so much better. I mean to the point that you actually made a thread about it.

You made the declarative statement without supporting statements. "I feel so proud". Why?

Yeah... I'd like to know why as well. It really makes me sad when I see people act like this in our community. We make the community what it is, and I hope it starts to get better.

• 8BITLORD

@FSB75 said:

@8BITLORD said:

Well aside from how he is on the opposing team. He had no reason to be pissed. None. I didnt mess with him. I didnt BM him. I didnt even camp him. Im proud because I outplayed him to the point he makes the effort to go to my profile and insult me with, imo, very hateful words. I didnt intentionally try to make anybody mad.

• 8BITLORD

@DreadfulProton said:
    And this is where the word "toxic" should be used. I don't understand OP either. Frankly it's amazing to me that this community uses the word "toxic" when referring to survivors effectively using their tools to outplay the killer. In every other gaming community the term "toxic" refers to someone with a terrible attitude and consequently makes the game less fun for others. In other words, toxic is in reference to character, not outplaying your opponent.

Agreed. People misuse toxic and OP a lot.

• Kiores
    Kiores Member Posts: 34

@FSB75 said:

@8BITLORD said:

Just like how there's bad losers there will always be bloatful bad winners
    it's disgusting, and I don't understand it either, sadly, it seems like most of the dbd community is currently made out of these :cry:

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@DreadfulProton said:
    And this is where the word "toxic" should be used. I don't understand OP either. Frankly it's amazing to me that this community uses the word "toxic" when referring to survivors effectively using their tools to outplay the killer. In every other gaming community the term "toxic" refers to someone with a terrible attitude and consequently makes the game less fun for others. In other words, toxic is in reference to character, not outplaying your opponent.

You bringing up that word makes the situation worst...

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Having someone get mad at you and then coming to the forum to brag about it makes you no different than them in that case. Since you won you can be proud of that, you won they lost and gloating about making them get pissed in post game chat and then coming to brag is just bad.

Better to gloat in silence that not only did you win but you made them upset if you want to do that.