Unbreakable, if it works its too good, change my mind.

Options
2»

Comments

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

I love people saying Unbreakable is situational like that justifies its bad second-chance design. I don’t care what the context is; if you got downed by the Killer, you got outplayed. You shouldn’t be able to just go, “Haha #########, I equipped a Perk. Go back to sleep and starve.” if the Killer doesn’t immediately pick you up. It’s stupid design.

• thehotdogman93
    thehotdogman93 Member Posts: 81
    Options

Slugging is important when there's 4 survivors and only one killer. Gen speeds these days make slugging a must for killers to keep up, otherwise they'll just have to tunnel survivors one by one until he kills everyone or the survivors finish the gens. Saying there isn't any play when you're slugged is a bad oversight since the decision to either crawl away somewhere else or recover is just as important as any decision you make while you're up.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

@thehotdogman93

Agree, many players still dont understand how important slugging is now in these times.

• Darth_Cader
    Darth_Cader Member Posts: 128
    Options

Ah yes nerf the second and best counter to slugging so you can just slug everyone all the time and ruin their fun. Pick them up and counter it or leave them downed and don’t complain if they get back up.

Doesnt matter how important of a strategy slugging is “in these times”. Everything in the game should have a counter, including slugging because it’s extremely unfun and boring for Survivors.

Unbreakable literally only works WHEN DOWNED meaning it takes up a perk slot and is useless for 99% of the entire match.

Also, rarely even use Unbreakable anyway but I’m gonna start using it more since Killers like you, who only want to slug, exist. Unbreakable is only strong if you slug, so either don’t do it or don’t complain if a slugged surv just so happens to have it.

• BenZ0
    Options

@Darth_Cader

Well, the only reason why slugging is so popular is the current game lenght cuz slugging is a effective way to slow down the progress of gens. I assume you dont play killer much so you wont understand it at all so its fine, I guess there is no reason trying to explain things like that to ppl like you.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Unbreakable on its own is fine. Even if you down everyone and someone gets up and resets the game was essentially paused, probably from the second survivor getting slugged even. ESPECIALLY if two are down and one is being chased. Sure it didn't turn into a 4-slug 4k right there and then, but that's still a huge amount of genuine pressure.

If I ever have 2 or more people on the ground I just expect at least one of them to have unbreakable, and if I'm not in a favorable chase with a 3rd survivor I'll go back to whoever I downed first to either hook them, intercept a pickup or arguable best case scenario - make them waste their unbreakable if they have it.

Unbreakable + DS is another story as that's essentially a "counter to a counter", but Unbreakable on its own? It's fine, and will always exist just like DS and BT in some form.

• BenZ0
    Options

@oxygen

Yeah I know what you mean. Obviously if the early game pressure can be fixed by the devs finally somehow then slugging wouldn't be such a must have right now to slow down the game somehow. By fixing this problem slugging will be less necessary so unbreakable will be less effective, that would solve eveything at once.

I agree with you that unbreakable itsself isnt that huge of a problem but it just appears to be very annoying in these times right now. Btw thanks for your neutral answer :)

• ToastyBois
    ToastyBois Member Posts: 26
    Options

Sounds like you rely on slugging for a 4K, which is a cheap and unfun way to play (coming from someone who plays both equally). It’s not terribly difficult to get a merciless with ruin change. Just manage your time better

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

"if it works" ... you already ended the discussion with your own statement.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    Options

Try not slugging whole teams. Hook them, then they can’t use unbreakable.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,395
    Options

If unbreakable is to strong because you can get up once i bet you have a heartattack against no mithers.

• neekocheeko
    neekocheeko Member Posts: 88
    Options

devour hope, IF IT WORKS ITS TOO GOOD, CHANGE MY MIND.

• amarakay95
    amarakay95 Member Posts: 24
    Options

It's a one time perk that can't be used any other time in the game, unlike lithe or sprintburst or deadhard or spine chill. I love people that use it but I don't need to slug everyone for a 4 k... I would occasionally slug someone early in game leave them down and go after someone else because it has the potential to take up at least 2-3 survivors time. But slugging everyone as a strategy to win? How is that fun? I say use a better strategy.

• BenZ0
    Options

@neekocheeko

Yes except it is a hex perk, a hex perk is a burning totem that can be cleansed to disable the perk for the rest of the game. Thats a counterplay that can be done at any time.

• BenZ0
    Options

@supersonic853

Yes no mither is so strong that I wonder why it is not meta!

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

LMAO! "IF it works"

I adored your title, it's abvious, if anything works it's to good for the situation, LOL, nice bait

• BenZ0
    Options

@Carlosylu

Yes you got baited hahaha! Gotcha!

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

I'm glad to hear balance is happening in the world. Goddamn I hate IF on nurse.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

I just hate using it. I prefer 'I'm all ears" to keep my chased short.