With just their 3 base unique perks,who is the worst survivor?

I'm genuinely curious. I'm not as experienced as some of the players here. I've seen some people say Quinton,but I feel like it's Ace. I don't see how any of his starter perks have any value whatsoever. If someone knows a build where any of them would be useful,I'd like to know as well. Most of them seem like a waste of space. There's luck offerings,the one for chests only seems useful in certain situations,and the aura one seems like it needs paired with something to work. I'm not super skilled and was able to get the adept achievement with every survivor except for Ace and Bill (I didnt try hard Bill yet tho TBH).

Comments

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited February 2020

David

We're gonna live forever: extra bloodpoints is nice but as stated previously above you're gonna need to take protection hits you can't exactly do that with his other perks. You could say hook rescues but going for them is also going to be dangerous.

Dead hard: probably one of the best exhaustion perk however as the match going it's uses become less and less effective there are less pallets for you to get to and Killers will know you have it so won't swing

No mither: one of my top 5 favourite survivor perks to be honest as much as I like it in goes well with a specific build like a sabo build or a gen jockey build outside of that it's pretty useless. Sadly none of David's other perks really fit into either category

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

As others have said, David hands down. His No Mither is a walking target for you every match. His other 2 perks are fairly decent, but No Mither just drags him down quite literally. Getting his Adept was a living hell!

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156

Seems like David rests firmly in the F-tier of "His perks actually make him worse."

D-tier would probably be like Kate and Ash. Perks that rarely end up having any actual value. I would include Ace, but he comes with Iron Will Lite, so he can be good with his base kit.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I appreciate the in depth response's so far,but I'm inclined to have a slight counter argument lol. Yes being half dead for the trial is a pretty big handicap. Never going to deny that. But...No Mither actually has a purpose,plus you have Dead Hard to stay alive a bit longer. If you CAN get saves it can be worth it. I'm saying I don't see ANY benefit or usefulness in Ace's perks. Little bit of luck isn't going to do much...I mean basically for two of his perks you have to find a chest that isn't plundered already, disregarding the other small uses for luck. And the one for Aura reading is useless on its own for the most part. I definitely don't disagree with the consensus though. Just trying to give my reasoning :)

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

No mither has the use of being in the injured state which activates injured only perks.

When it comes to who has the worst perks I think you have to look at who's perks are the most useless and meaningless. Imo it has to be Ace with Ash being a close second.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

I would say Ace, but No Mither is... is... well... what the hell!!! So, David.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

David, easily. His only advantage is that he starts off with immediate access to Dead Hard.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

David lore: tough guy, likes to fight, can take a punch and willing to do so.

David game: alittle girl Feng can take 2 hits until dying, he take a single hit and dying.

He should not have No mither, and replace with a perk that he able to Ram directly to Killer and stun them, but can only do if he's healthy, and cause dying if the Ram success (also cause exhauted) Basically he has 2 versions of Dead hard.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

While I do agree that Ace has no real use towards his perks.

That's typically the reason why don't put him as the worst playing him for your adept is basically playing a Survivor with no perks.

Dead hard is a really great park but it's useful gets diminished as the match goes on.

Dead hard is good for two things avoiding a hit and giving you an extra boost to help you get to a loop.

The further you get into the match the less loops there are going to be as most of the pallets would have been dropped.

As for avoiding a hit it only would probably work once or twice before the killer just catches on and wait until you dead hard before swinging.

As I said before without any complementary perks no mither is pretty much a massive detriment and this is coming from somebody who uses the perk very frequently

Ace on the other hand really has nothing bad or good going for him he kind of hits that fine level of mediocrity.

It's a lot better to play mediocrity than something that could be detrimental

• Gamingwalrus51
    Gamingwalrus51 Member Posts: 45

guntin

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

David is rather difficult, but no mither hard counters slug builds. Ik the killer isn't going to slug you with no mither, but still. Dead hard synergizes well with it.

Two of Aces perks literally do nothing on their own. Aura reading distance increase is worthless without something that gives you aura reading. Actually, I guess increased luck does synergize well with ace in the hole. Hmm...

Yeah, gonna go David. No mither cripples you without really helping anyone else. Open handed can still benefit other people, too.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Ace. Aura increase with NO AURA PERKS, luck that increases a percentage OF A PERCENTAGE and a niche item perk for searching chests, with random results.

His perks are just too unreliable and have never helped me in a game. Good thing I wasn't using them then.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Quentin. His perks don't have any synergy and barely work as intended. At least David has Dead Hard.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

If you want to rely on yourself, Quentin's farmacy is a great substitute for self care or inner strength. He's one of few survivor that can heal himself and that's not a minor detail.

• kazakun

Yeah,I'm kinda surprised by that. I've definitely seen his name get tossed around in this category. Maybe people just don't like him as a person lol.

• kazakun

That was my thinking there. I guess people are saying it's better to be useless than always be down a health state. It's a toss up.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Yeah. Ace has only useless perks. But David has the most stupid perk ever made.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

No mother means you are always one hit down, so let’s say you use Dead Hard to avoid one swing... that means the killer had to swing twice to down you.

Now how many times do they have to swing to down anyone else, that’s right twice. And the burst from that first hit gives you more distance that DH will, so David has to be the worst his perk is actually a hinderance. I would rather play me as a survivor with No perks.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

Quentin's perks are useless 99/100 times, but they're not an active hindrance like no mither.

• CornMoss
    CornMoss Member Posts: 538

Ash all the way, all his perks are garbage

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I think you're right although I think people have sympathy for people running no mither and there's a good chance the killer will just avoid you in favour of other survivors just to be a good sport. Desperate killers won't though.

Also no mither makes me play more passively and stealthy, being detected is my biggest problem and even when I am I would have contributed to the team.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

100% agree. Worst is Davis due to No Mither and WGLF (has no use)

Second worst is probably Ash since he is tall and very loud and his perks are bad aswell

Third worst is Ace in my opinion. He might be quiet, sure, but his perks are trash.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Ace 100%. No mither at least removes the killer's game pressure by not slugging so its better then no perks

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Pharmacy isn't bad though. Vigil and Wake Up have fringe uses. David's perks are handicaps.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Ace, Ash, and Quentin have no synergy between their perks. But No Mither has only gotten worse since it can now feed the Oni. And you're making noise 24/7 So David is top pick.

Kate got brought up, but Dance With Me works with WoO, so there's at least some synergy there.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Ace, David or Kate, can't decide.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I would say Ace, no question. His perks neither synergize, benefit him, and they rely way too much on rng. Quentin, David, and Ash at least have a thematic build that helps them in unique situations.

You know, I have to say that Yui is a runner up and nobody’s really mentioned her. Any means is borderline useless since killers break pallets, Breakout seems good on paper but it is incredibly niche when you remember there’s a hook every stone’s throw, and her Stabby perk doesn’t do much when killers can still see scratch marks and she can’t heal herself.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

Steve deserves some consideration as well.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

WoO is a perk that I really came to like lately and I feel it should get a little bit more credit. It gives me so much information late game, if I didn't have an opportunity to get chased, and I can run to tiles were I know there are still resources. Of course, it's not meta by any means, but it's a fun perk and still viable post-beginner stage. I'll probably take it out once I decide the next build I want to run.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Are you talking about adept builds or about "which survivor is worst for buying just because of perks"? I thought on first read you mean the second, but everyone responds to adept builds

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

David can be the worst if you suck at chases lol I would say Ace, just because his perks are so boring

• ToastyBois
    ToastyBois Member Posts: 26

Quentin. Being someone who runs no mither with resilience 3 (red ranks), I actually quite enjoy running no mither, so I don’t think it’s David. You never see anyone running quentins perks, but you quite often see DH and WGLF.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Ace, for sure.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

No, because wake up and pharmacy are actually useful if you're not worrying about meta builds.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

If we are talking about adept builds and not about the perks themselves and their possible synergies, Quentin is pretty good to get the adept. A guaranteed speed heal and better chances at the gates to escape, even if you are the last one alive.

I'd probably say Steve is weak. So far has the least useful perks in my opinion. The best one is Second Wind and you can max trigger it twice per game. And so far I mostly did get it below once per game on average. And the other two are... well... forget about them.

Beneath "not useful" I would say Laurie and David are difficult. The perks are not useless, but playing with them is not easy, so you would probably have better chances to survive with no perks than with these 3, if you don't really know how to use them.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I would have to say Steve, I don't like any of his perks

• Gh0stDude
    Gh0stDude Member Posts: 49

If we talk about using the 3 perks I think it is David because of no mither,but if we talk about only using their own perks (not necessarily the 3) I think it is Ace.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,228

Steve Harrington would like a word

• hematophagy
    hematophagy Member Posts: 105

That just sounds too complicated to implement/ absurdly silly

• kazakun

Basically adept builds,but I'll take any info I can get tbh.

• kazakun

Mmmm...but I'd say Second Wind is better than anything Ace has because...it actually has a purpose,lol. Babysitter is slightly relevant as well.

• kazakun

I'd say free health packs,but again that's if you can find a lootable chest. The exit gate one is super situational. Vigil is pretty stupid,but I guess it could help. I can agree that in the right hands David isn't all that bad. I'm personally just not as skilled and don't have as much game time as some people here. I actually got adept David. Haven't been able to do it with Ace yet lol. Can't try Quentin because I don't have him. If I had cash I'd probably buy another chapter instead honestly.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Ace has some fun stuff, Ace in the Hole for example always works.

I just dislike Steve's Perks because Second Wind is such a weird perk to activate, Babysitter hurts you alot later on, and his other perk promotes survivors trying to ignore doing gens

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Unquestionably David. No mither puts you at an instant disadvantage, and WGLF does nothing to help your survival or your team mates.

• MasterTater
    MasterTater Member Posts: 46

I think that Steve has the worst perks

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I feel like everyone saying David's Dead Hard gives him an edge are forgetting two things.

1.) Killers are people too.

If any Killer worth their salt sees a David with No Mither they're gonna bait out the Dead Hard. You'll have to try and bait out their bait or use it at a loop for distance to get any usage.

2.) Dedicated Servers.

I think this speaks for itself honestly.

In my opinion, in actual games Adept David has less of a chance at getting any benefit out of Dead Hard than Adept Steve has at getting any benefit out of Babysitter.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    edited February 2020

Kate has some alright perks though. WOO is good for chases and Dance with me is really good when combined with lithe and Quick & Quiet.