How is this fair?!

2»

Comments

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

No, I mean Deathslinger is just a worse version of huntress. Both are 110% that can attack from range, but huntress can down you from range, where deathslinger has to waste time reeling you in, and if you get off the hook, you only get deep wounds.

• xFAKExAxoN
    xFAKExAxoN Member Posts: 73

That's exactly my problem with this, after having been in a que for so long, its really uncool to have this happen and not get to play at all

• AlbinoViera
    AlbinoViera Member Posts: 169

I apologize that you were on the recieving end of this, but with your sacrifice, three others got to escape easily and the Bubba most likely didn't even pip. I would say that's a fair trade, even if it is annoying to be on the other side of it.

• xFAKExAxoN
    edited February 2020

I was playing with some friends during that game so I wanted to help them escape by keeping the killer occupied since he obviously had no intention of letting me go. I actually had to tell them to just finish the gens and escape while I held out. Because he clearly had no intention of letting me escape

Post edited by xFAKExAxoN on
  • PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

What did you do to that poor leatherface to make him rage?

• xFAKExAxoN

The thing is that any killer willing to waste most of a match facecamping like that is obviously willing to tunnel. And by saving me there was a really high chance that the person saving me would have died also

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

They could adjust it, add a cooldown to it and give it a bit of a lunge and that would fix a lot. That way you have to actually play the game.

• xFAKExAxoN

From what I can tell at least most of the time if you look around in the forum, most pages are mostly killer complaints, I'm not saying that survivors don't complain a lot her but most of the time it's killers

• xFAKExAxoN

It's not being entitled if I have to get hooked 3 times to get killed, it's still one life but I at least should get my 3 chances, not just be hooked and instantly have to drop my controller simply because 1 moron didn't bother with playing the game like he should've

• xFAKExAxoN

Ohh. Yeah I guess he doesn't have the same potential she has but at least he's different and at least he can actually aim properly, unlike the huntress which is preetty much a guessing game about exactly where the hatchet will land

• xFAKExAxoN

I don't actually mind allowing the others the chance to escape with my sacrifice, I just mind having spent so long in matchmaking just to die on my first hook when I barely got to play at all on that match

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

There isn't really anything that can be done about it. That's literally the game, the only things that could be done to punish it would basically punish anyone for playing killer.

Honestly, the entitlement here lies heavily on your side. You aren't meant to survive more than 50% of your games in the first place, so whether you were camped or killed later on in the game, by that metric the game is working as designed. If the match itself wasn't fun? Well, that's the same issue most killers are also having with the game, so I guess that's more the nature of the beast at this point

• xFAKExAxoN
    edited February 2020

I mean the killer's objective is to stop the survivors from escaping, so just focusing on not letting 1 escape is not the game. And I know that I'm not supposed to survive more than 50% of my games, but even the most entitled killer main has to admit that camping is a ######### way of going about playing this game in the sense that this game was designed to be played way differently than how that leatherface played. And yes I have to agree with the fact that a lot of killers aren't enjoying playing this game, but I also believe that a lot of survivors aren't either because of the horrible balancing this game has had over the years

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Yes, it's balance is #########. The devs encouraged camping at one time, so insidious exists, LF exists, and monstrous shrine is a thing. It's a bad way to play the game, skill wise, but I don't like the idea that this game literally leverages the labor of blame onto it's player base. The reason that LF camped like that is unknown, but the fact is if the devs have to make the game incentivize not playing that way, and that means they may need to rebalance for fun ideas instead of "BaLaNcE". The whole tourney, sweaty vibe they try to push in such an, at the end of the day, casual game is ridiculous. This game is RNG, Skill expression on one side has to be extremely diminished for balance sake, that's why balancing for competitive here is pointless... But they continue to try, to the dismay of us all

• xFAKExAxoN
    edited February 2020

The thing is that the devs tend to balance the game in favor of newer survivors and experienced killers, which is a simpler way of making perks and abilities that both of those groups would have stronger, while the other ends of both spectrums get worse. Because of that type of balancing experienced survs are indirectly buffed and newer killers are getting nerfed. Which causes a lot of the killer playerbase to play in a really scummy way just to get a couple of kills in. And in the end the game seems balanced to the devs because of this, but the ugly truth here is that it isn't. They should be balancing judged on what they see across the entire board, like most games do, this game cannot be competitive when it's never been balanced in the first place, so they can't balance things in favor of the more competitive players (which tend to be the killers) just so in the next patch balance in favor of the newer players with the excuse of making it easier on them. They have to decide, is this going to be a competitive game, or a casual game? Because the truth of the matter is that it's neither right now, even if it does have a ranking system (which basically means nothing at this point)

• xFAKExAxoN

He only got me, by the time he finally decided to actually go for the others they were already opening the gate

• xFAKExAxoN

Yeah I literally had to tell them to leave me and just do gens so that they could escape while I bought them time but it really bothers me that this is actually a kinda common thing that happens, and there isn't much the others can do to counter it besides playing the game as if that survivor doesn't exist or the others doing some kind of play that seems easier said than done

• MamaEagle
    MamaEagle Member Posts: 115

You can't get banned for going afk as a killer lol. That only hurts you as the killer and doesn't the survivors, the developers made that clear... Now if your a survivor then yes, going afk on purpose or in many games is reportable because it can cost the other 3 the game. Many of us face people like this all around; face camping, camping, slugging, tunneling, body blocking and many more things that can irritate and ruin the fun for other players... However these are not things that are reportable, survivors have to survive and killers have to kill, why else are they called killers? It sucks... But he cheated you and camped you and with that your team busted out some gens and 3 of the 4 escaped. He could have chased them all and slugged them for a 4k, so as the others say (but not trying to seem rude) your just going to have to take that personal loss and hope for a better match

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

The Ruin nerf was justified. How can they fix the problems with the game when so many killers used Ruin? It covered up a lot of the problems (not all). Plus searching for Ruin every match made the game a boring as hell.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Seems like a Bubba needed your Jake-Face.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

A killer's job is to kill. You died. It happens to everyone at some point. At least you can suicide on hook. You just might have been the end result of multiple prior games of losing to survs. That happens too.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Killers are crybabies but you left the game because of one perk and you couldn't hit skill checks. Lol ok entitled surv. Let me know when they nerf whole survivors into the ground like they do killers.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

But even if the same killer camps every single game, you can't report them because hard camping like that is considered a strategy. So survivors can do nothing about it.

• variantgameplays
    variantgameplays Member Posts: 69

I don't see any problem with it. Both of you are on opposing sides, it is the role of the killer to kill, role of survivor is to escape. It's just the typical killer on slasher movies. But I'm not blaming you to feel that way coz looping the killer for a few mins will give time for the other survivors to rush gens, of course if your caught or slugged by NOED the killer will definitely facecamp you till you die, ensuring their one kill. I experienced being facecamped 6 times in a row and it's frustrating what I did, I took a nap and after I woke up I moved on to the next game.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2020

Ruin was in most matches because a lot of killers lack map pressure. There was a reason it was used so often. The same could be said about DS yet it still works almost as well as before. The excuse they gave to nerf ruin was just poor. There are so many survivor perks that are in 80% of matches. Ruin didn't even affect good survivors so the only reason they nerfed it was to cater to the new players. The issue is ruin was a band aid for a serious injury. They removed said band aid and now they have to address the injury or suffer death by blood loss. By blood loss I mean the severe dip in killer player basis or else people will, in Kote's own words, "Play something else".

I think there's mostly killer complaints because that's the side that is getting screwed the most?

Post edited by EvilJoshy on
  • xFAKExAxoN
    edited February 2020

The problem is that even though it was meant for weaker killers (which I can completely sympathise with since my favorite killers are on the slow side of the spectrum), it was used too much by stronger killers also. It was used too much since the hex buffs that made it pointless to upgrade it. It became the go to perk of most of the playerbase just to make the game longer without even having to apply that much preassure. Most people lack the skill or the connection to get the greats and those that can hit them are also affected since they don't get the small boost to the progress you would get without it, most people just rather to look for it before spending so much time on gens (which is understandable, but also takes time away from survivors). DS could be less annoying but the truth of the matter is that nerfing it isn't very easy without diminishing it's true purpose which is to counter tunneling. The excuse for nerfing ruin were weak at best, and they completely went overboard with the nerf since it's mostly useless now. I know that they should try to retain new players but I believe that they should have worried about that a long time ago, way before the changes that drove away so many people, instead of worrying about it now. I believe gens can be fixed way too fast for the slower killers to be able to do any real damage but the gen speed are also a complicated thing to change since changing it will heavilly affect survival rate especially in smaller maps or maps with really bad spawns for gens. I also believe that killers complain way too much though since it's mostly a matter of skill and preasure but I get where some of it comes from (again sympathising with slower killers).

I do agree that killers are affected more by the nerfs they do since the nerfs are mostly for perks that help out new killer players or slower killers, but what I was trying to say is that killers complain way too much about everything, survivors mostly complain about the same stuff and about nerfs to them (which is somewhat understandable since most of the nerfs are going overboard like what they did to ruin, and also since there really aren't that many good perks for survivors, most perks are only worth it if paired with others and the few that are not are either meta perks or useless perks)

So like I said I agree that nerfing ruin like they did wasn't the right call, but I also agree that something had to be done about it, because it wasn't a meta perk, it was the meta, other perks just complemented it or were complemented by it

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464

It isn't fair and the killer is both 1) an idiot and 2) plays very scummy, but what you'll be told is well the killer will already be punished if everyone else just plays smart and does gens. He'll get 1K (sadly it will be you), get maybe 8K in bp, and he'll depip. This isn't enough. If a killer camps (say he is within in 16M) and there is no survivor within the same 16M of the hook his BP should regress and it continues to regress until it reaches zero and at the end of the match he will lose 2 pips (like the old dc would). There would be no camping penalty if he camped the last survivor or if the gates had been powered. Will this ever happen...of course not. Just take it, lose a pip and perhaps unload on him in the end game chat. It isn't fair, but beyond losing a few BP and PIPs the devs aren't going to address this. Mostly people who act like this are just plain stupid and have like 20 hours in game and rank 19s and just are well too stupid to understand how dumb camping like this is. I don't play killer, I don't like killers, but I just can't see how fun it would to stand around for 2 minutes watching someone struggle as you rev up the chainsaw over and over...and it also causes people to react pretty badly too. So when killers whine about being sent death wishes...well it is because of stuff like that that causes people to do things like wishing someone gets some dread disease say.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

So you were in an SWF with voice communication and you had a flashlight. More details emerging here.

Sorry not buying that this Leatherface just randomly decided to facecamp you. Most killer mains aren't stupid, they know camping one survivor an entire match is an auto-loss so I'm gonna guess you guys bullied him repeatedly, head-on team plays, following him around with the flashlight to blind any pick ups, using OOO and call-outs, etc. And then when he finally caught you he decided that since you wanted to make him miserable in a game that's supposed to be fun he would ruin your fun now.

My guess is you got what was coming to you and now you're salty about it. Survivors can win in this game easily and not be douchebags yet many continue to be because apparently succeeding in a game slanted in your favor is something to be proud of.

I find it doubly hilarious that people are whining about survivor queues, I'm sure that has nothing to do with playing killer being a total sweat-fest just to safety pip while survivors can derp all day with about 4 different second chance perks in addition to to not dying until they're hooked three times and get double pips cause of how ######### the emblem system is.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

This is the game though and a "strategy" . Sometimes it works for killers when over altruistic survivors try to play hero. It is also a reason why they should never reduce gen speed. This will become more normal if the killer isn't as penalized for this play.

• xFAKExAxoN
    edited February 2020

Jeez man chill. First of all we didn't do anything to him, he litterally just did that for shits and giggles. When he started chasing me I was the second chase of that game and I didn't do anything that would have justified that at all. On the rest of your comment though... yeah I can't even begin to tell you how wrong you are. I highly doubt he got a pip out of that. Rank is honestly the biggest joke in this game for a lot of reasons. And I'm not salty because he facecamped me (I mean I'm not happy about that either though), I'm salty cuz he LF's ability there created an impossible rescue scenerio. Also how is facecamping a total sweatfest? It takes no effort and you get nothing good out of it. What I find laughable is that some killers actually waste time in a qeue just to do this when a match comes around

• xFAKExAxoN

But you have to admit that without ruin gen speeds are extremly tough on slow killers

• Artemis_LH
    Artemis_LH Member Posts: 113

I feel the same way. Toxic players like this only hurt the overall health of the game.