The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

No viable healer anymore

AshleyWB
AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
There is not really a support/healer role anymore because of how Mercy's teachable perks can be used on all other heroes. She is especially weak now due to being nerfed heavily into the ground. I really think the devs are going in the right direction but for all heroes to have self healing methods is questionable. What is the point in orbing someone if they can cope with healing themselves. 
Oh and please fix Myers' Primal Rage it's far too overpowered aswell as the wraith hacking ability which is way too strong.

Comments

• lay
    lay Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2018

If you want classes go play White Noise. The only class in this game is the looper and the boosted ones as in immersed cucks

• AshleyWB
    Well well well seems like we've got ourselves a wise guy eh... I can just tell you're the type of person to insta lock Dwight. 
  • lay
    lay Member Posts: 25

@AshleyWB said:
    Well well well seems like we've got ourselves a wise guy eh... I can just tell you're the type of person to insta lock Dwight. 

how did you know

• ShowMeUrBirb
    ShowMeUrBirb Member Posts: 63

r/woooosh

• deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Yeah daddy Jeff murdered mercy but adleast we’ve still got op Brigitte 
  • 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171
    Peasant said:
    The teachables create the following classes:
    Dwight - Leader
    Gathers allies and boosts speed.
    Benefits from allied support.

Meg - Looper
    Can bring killer to loops better than most. Can juke with Quick and Quiet to end chases.

Claudette - General Medic 
    Excells at keeping everyone alive, including herself.

Jake - Roaming Support
    Can travel around undetected, can turn dead zones into safe zones with Saboteur. 

Nea - Rogue
    Stealthy, nimble, and good with loot.

David.K - Beserker
    High risk, but high reward.

Laurie - Scout/Lookout
    Can spot the Killers' auras while also being exposed due to this ability.

Feng - Isolationist
    Great at working alone and fairly self-sufficient.
    Will need healers at some point.

Ace - Bard
    Buffs his team while making himself a target.

Quentin - Standard Support
    Can help a clustered group endure debuffs and escape, while also making a decent healer.

Kate - Juker
    Excells at locating LOS blockers and wasting the Killers' time in a chase.

David.T - Objective Coordinator
    Excells at locating objectives and obstacles. Can pull through some tough events.

Bill - Tactician
    Weak in general, but very powerful against certain events (camping, slugging, bad team.)
    Which is exactly how it should have been. It would have promoted more team variety and interesting builds for each role. BHVR would have more freedom in releasing new generic perks, as well.
  • CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    They should give survivors passives based on their teachable perk play style. Give survivors reasons to use other characters other than for hiding in grass or just to unlock a specific perk to never play again. I’ve had this game since launch and have not touched Jake because of the way the game is worked with survivors being pure skins after perk unlocks. Please devs give survivors some unique traits of some sort even if you need to give killers the same treatment it would help spice up perk variations a lot across the board
  • CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    PS: 
    They could just be lazy and give survivors a “class” and allow certain perks to be allowed/prohibited for each one. Say “supports” can’t use more than one exhaustion perk or “lone wolfs” can’t use team reading aura abilities etc. 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

If only Wraith would say "Boop" when coming out of cloak...

• @lay said:
    If you want classes go play White Noise. The only class in this game is the looper and the boosted ones as in immersed cucks

No, don't play white noise or white noise 2. A group of detectives that has the slightest idea what to do will make the monster/killer there gameplay a nightmare. The only time you do good in white noise 2 and 1 if they're noobs or greedy. If they stick together all games, you might as well afk. you tihnk killers have it hard here? go ahead, try it.Any okay investigators on there will make every killer.monster you play feel like freddy.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Who TF is mercy? 
  • xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

@Peasant said:
    The teachables create the following classes:
    Dwight - Leader
    Gathers allies and boosts speed.
    Benefits from allied support.

Meg - Looper
    Can bring killer to loops better than most. Can juke with Quick and Quiet to end chases.

Claudette - General Medic 
    Excells at keeping everyone alive, including herself.

Jake - Roaming Support
    Can travel around undetected, can turn dead zones into safe zones with Saboteur. 

Nea - Rogue
    Stealthy, nimble, and good with loot.

David.K - Beserker
    High risk, but high reward.

Laurie - Scout/Lookout
    Can spot the Killers' auras while also being exposed due to this ability.

Feng - Isolationist
    Great at working alone and fairly self-sufficient.
    Will need healers at some point.

Ace - Bard
    Buffs his team while making himself a target.

Quentin - Standard Support
    Can help a clustered group endure debuffs and escape, while also making a decent healer.

Kate - Juker
    Excells at locating LOS blockers and wasting the Killers' time in a chase.

David.T - Objective Coordinator
    Excells at locating objectives and obstacles. Can pull through some tough events.

Bill - Tactician
    Weak in general, but very powerful against certain events (camping, slugging, bad team.)

I like your analysis here and was curious if you’d share your class are and assessment for Adam Francis, and Jeff Johansen.

Also the killers if you felt up to it!

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

I'm slightly confused by the use of Overwatch characters and terminology here, but I think I get the jist of it.

I have always been against the idea of teachable perks, all the way back to the beta. I really wish the characters had roles to play, instead of full customization. It wound up creating exactly what I had warned, a perk meta that every sweaty player would run.

It made some sense, at the time, because the game was geared toward solo survivors and gameplay that was a bit more cutthroat among survivors. But, once they added SWF shortly after release, that style of gameplay was pushed aside and things became more and more team-oriented.

So, unfortunately, now we have a strange mix of the two, and it doesn't really work well. I would love to see the removal of teachables in order to refocus roles into teamplay. I don't think it will ever happen though, but it would be a huge step towards creating better balance in matches.

Honestly, I feel it could go a long way in alleviating a lot of the qualms that killers currently have.

I’ve always thought that a great idea would be to have teachable perks equipped by default on every character, and instead use the 4th perk slot for other characters’ teachables or generic perks.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

What is this guy talking about? Can someone explain this to me?

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Poweas said:

What is this guy talking about? Can someone explain this to me?

It seems like a DbD thread with Overwatch things.
  • AshleyWB
    This is a thread about there being no class system for survivors. With a over watch joke attached. Is it really that hard to see that?
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    AshleyWB said:
    This is a thread about there being no class system for survivors. With a over watch joke attached. Is it really that hard to see that?
    I saw it. 
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I've found a decent healer build

• Empathy
    • Autodidact
    • Aftercare
    • Lightweight

You can see injured survivors, and once they've escaped a chase you can get to them without bringing the killer with you using Lightweight. Aftercare lets survivors whom you have healed or unhooked find you for quick heals.

Autodidact isn't as situational or risky as We'll Make It, and it is stronger than Botany Knowledge and Prove Thyself.

The only downside is when playing solo and teammates would rather Self Care in your face, denying Autodidact stacks and points alike; or they use Aftercare against you to kite the killer and ditch them with you.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@AshleyWB said:

Yes. I didn't see the overwatch joke because I haven't played it since it was released. And I thought you were on drugs when you said > @AshleyWB said:

There is not really a support/healer role anymore because of how Mercy's teachable perks can be used on all other heroes. She is especially weak now due to being nerfed heavily into the ground. I really think the devs are going in the right direction but for all heroes to have self healing methods is questionable. What is the point in orbing someone if they can cope with healing themselves.

No offense now I get it lol but for a second I got completely lost.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I'm not a fan of a role concept for survivors. If some perks were restricted to certain survs, all I would see in my lobby would be Mercys, Megs and Davids.