The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

[deleted]

lynelmane
lynelmane Member Posts: 549
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

[deleted]

Post edited by lynelmane on

Comments

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Easy solution. Walk up to the killer, and let him kill you, that or DC and take your mini ban.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Why should this build be bannable? It is a normal build, nothing to crazy actually. Instead of complaining how unfair this is, try to figure out ways to succeed. I give you my word, there are planty of ways and all start with "getting" and "good".

• CornMoss
    CornMoss Member Posts: 538

No it isn't it's just a really good build on doctor that counters how fast gens go.

Should the decisive strike, borrowed time, adrenaline, unbreakable build be banned since it's so damn broken and boring for killer? No

• lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

just let him kill you

• lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

No. It's a viable build, and the match can still end normally. If the killer isn't hooking people, just stay on a gen and force him to knock you down and bleed out. The survivors have full control over how long this situation goes, and they should've tried to not 3 gen themselves.

• lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • CornMoss

Also, your fault you let him get a three gen. Maybe don't let that happen next time :)

• lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Don't let your team mates heal you. Bleed out.

Doc is getting a buff to static blast so this build is going to be so broken.

• lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • Huntar

If he was downing, then the match will end naturally. If he was letting survivors wiggle off his shoulder, then they can work on gens. Snap Out progression is now stored, so you can always just pocket it until the next static blast, and then he has to wait a minute before another one, letting you finish ~80% of a gen solo.

• lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • CornMoss

Then all of you should split up and work on separate gens, there's no way he could stop all of you, if there is three of you that also works. Two of you left? It is pretty much impossible to win by then but how did you get down to two survivors left if he camps just a few gens in one area?

• lynelmane
  • lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • CornMoss

This whole post just seems like you and your teammates had inadequate skills, u must've just piled up on one gen which then he would dominate

• lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • CornMoss

No, it is as easy done as it is said. Three survivors work on three separate gens, while another one gets chased. If he leaves that survivor without getting the down that survivor can work on the other gen that's left as he goes to another gen. Gens take 80 seconds, the only way he could win in that situation is if you survivors go down as soon as he comes to your gen and he slugged which you SHOULD NOT go down immediately if you aren't stupid or bad at the game

• Huntar

Seriously, four shocks with doctor, or two and a blast, should take enough time for him to land them that the other three survivors can finish a gen. If not even one person in the match could drag out a chase that long, then you bunch simply didn't have the skill to win. You'll have to accept that you'll sometimes lose because the other team knows more about how to play.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited February 2020

The only counter is two dedicated to the two adjacent gens but 4 hardly make it to that point. So rip don't even waste your time.

Imo docs snap out of its takes way too much time for being able to lock you out of progress.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited February 2020

But Doc can use his power only once in 60s. I think you talk about the past when doc could keep everyone mad in his terror radius that could be boosted with perks and add-ons and cover all map. Also, now after reaching max madness you can reset it to tier 1 (in past it went to tier 2). Is it a bait topic?

• lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • Huntar

You're complaining about doc TR on IRONWORKS? I was expecting an actual small map like Game. What was your team doing?

• CornMoss
  • CornMoss

Also this, IRON WORKS HAS AN INFINITE SO YOU SHOULDNT BE GOING DOWN INSTANTLY. Also it's not small you and your teammates just thought you could diddle diddle along like you all normally do and quickly finish every gen without any actual strategy

• lynelmane
    edited February 2020
  • Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

This is tricky question. It is and also isn't bannable if I remember correctly how it was explained by the devs.

The main question is if the killer is still trying to kill you. If he's still slowly but eventually trying to down/hook any of you then it isn't bannable. But if he's only shocking you and kicking the gens having no interest to hit you even if you straight walk towards him wanting to kill you then it is bannable.

This is mostly the decisive factor in most scenarios where killer uses some weird tactitc. If he's using it to kill survivors then it's 90% of the time legit, if not then he'll eventually get banned.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

he cant protect the gens AND chase tho. you should always lurk around when he kicks a gen and immediately return to it. when all do that, he cant possible protect all the gens and get his chases done in time.

and just so you know: a killer constantly ignoring chases and instead only focussing on gen protection with such a build, making it basically impossible to progress the game can be reported for holding the game hostage - with video evidence of course. if he however was chasing and downing survivors, he was just playing efficiently, which makes the whole thing unreportable.

• CornMoss

Go up to one and do the emote wave thing, I'm sure they will come if the game is taking 30 minutes

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

So you would say, that the doctor with this build is unbeatable?

Lets look at his build (it is called "impossible skillcheck build" and it is more a meme then anything else btw):

Overcharge: Does nothing. One of the worst perks in the game, just hit the skillcheck.

Distressing: His terror radius is bigger... well that is not really dangerous at all, sure, you might get blasted a little bit more often, but thats it.

Surveillance: Gives him info. A good perk tho, but nothing that you should be afraid of.

Unnerving Presence: Does nothing. Skillchecks are not hard to hit

I know that the combinition makes the build, but seriously, there is really nothing to be afraid of. Like i said, get better at the game and hit those skillchecks. Yes they are very small, but they are far far away from impossible to hit.

Second and probably most important thing... dont 3-gen yourself. If 2 gens are done on one side, you have to do the next gen on the other side, always and against every killer by the way (there are rare conditions that would allow you to do the next gen on the same side without getting punished by the killer). If you see a teammate doing a gen on one side, go and do the middle gen or the one that is furthest away.

And last but not least, the doctor is loopable, drop the pallet just a bit quicker, get used to his power.

Thats it, gl with your next game vs the doctor.

• 28_stabs

Shock therapy has 1s charge time + 1,5s cooldown. That is not 0. It all take 2,5s.

The shock therapy default range is 10m in cone shape. If doc waste his add-on slots to max his shock range, then he cant have the add-on that counter Calm Spirit (good luck finding survivors), and he cant have add-on that decrease his terror radius outside of chase (its easier to dodge him), and his max range would be only 17m.. wow, thats op. We definitely should neft it. Make doc unable to use his shock around pallets. xD

And static blast has 60s cooldown, and it doesnt instantly put you in tier 3 madness. Doc must use it twice to slow down match.. and thats 120s, lol.

• 28_stabs

Its funny that after ruin nerf Overcharge and Unnerving Presence become a new problem.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

This is almost my favorite build for Doctor. Back in the day when doc was complete crap, the build I Used that made him strong was Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Tinkerer, and Overcharge. The reason for Tinkerer being in the build is because it used to enhance add-on's effectiveness by 10%, which made his Order add-on's drive survivors up in madness tiers much faster in his static field. That was his best build back then, and while it wasn't unbeatable, it definitely controlled the map and the survivors ability to do gens effectively. Now the build has changed with the new Doctor update, but only by 1 perk. Instead of Tinkerer, or Surveillance in this case, I either use BBQ, or Huntress Lullaby, but I don't consider this an "infinite Doctor" build, nor do I use it the way that OP has stated the Doc he went up against has. Its strictly meant for making skillchecks more challenging, and I currently pair Distressing, UP, Overcharge, HL, with the Obedience add-on (counterclockwise skillcheck which will soon become part of doc's base kit) as a means to make skillchecks somewhat difficult in comparison to the norm. Needless to say, this only works in the low green and brown ranks, as the Purple and red rankers Mostly consistently nail skillchecks no matter how hard I try to make them.

Idk how this Doctor Player made OP's game last 30 mins with this build, as I often only slow down the game to a max of 15-ish minutes at most if they keep failing their skillchecks as the build intends. I either kill them all, or they finish the gens and escape anyways within the normal time frame of 10-15 mins, so if a Doc is using a similar build to my favorite and making games last 30 mins, they are either really bad at hitting survivors, or they are trolling them with excessive shocking. I don't like that idea, as it turns a viable build into a means of being toxic, and that just makes my skin crawl.

• kreX
    kreX Member Posts: 20

If you want to get out of such a match, just hold shift when on the ground and your teammates can't pick you up. I think it's 2min for bleeding out?

• tkwmm
    tkwmm Member Posts: 103
    edited February 2020

I encounter this build before, and these perk are not as strong as you think. We got ourself 3-gen ( doc was intentionally protect those 3 gen, and bring the reverse skill check addon ), however we 4 all are still alive while 1 gen left.

Just each people work on 1 gen and try to hit the skill check ( which super easy to hit, thanks to old ruin that allow me to practice great skill check ), no need to run even fail the skill check as doc might chasing other people off the gen which mean you are safe to continue repair ( thanks to my perk spine chill ).

Yes the game was prolong until a 16 minute gameplay but we 4 escape.

If you gotten those coward teammate that not dare to repair the gen and just doing nothing in this situation, well you just unlucky ( you might search for hatch / surrender yourself to killer ).

• CornMoss

Everyone proved you wrong so I wouldn't argue anymore about it

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

Nothing needs to be done about this. Start running Resilience and Spine Chill and bring toolboxes in case this happens again. I'm sure you wouldn't complain if this were the other way around, where the Doc got gen rushed into oblivion and gates were opened in 4 minutes. But seriously though, people always say "oh just apply pressure" and now we got threads like this by the same people, that are now complaining about killers applying too much pressure.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

This thread got redacted hmmm