Using NOED on a Killer that can insta down

Can someone please explain something to me.

maybe i just don't play killer enough to understand the reasoning behind this but since the matchmaking has been broken and i'm getting matched with lower rank killers and all i'm seeing is NOED on killers that have the ability to insta down survivors already. don't get me wrong, if you want to use NOED then by all means but on a killer that can insta down you? eg billy, bubba, ghost face, myers.

i just don't get it. it seems like a wast of a perk slot. ok maybe ghost face and myers you have to actually stalk to get your insta down but billy and bubba?

usually i will cleanse totems when i see them but if you can't get them all for some reason or even if you do get them all, when you get to the score screen and see that the killer had noed, i'm just like, what?

Comments

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    edited February 2020

There's challenges for both NOED as well as EGC. NOED can act as extra insurance for this (because survivors are too lazy to cleanse totems) on any killer because screw those challenges.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Many of the instadown killers have requirements to use their powers @just_a_noob . Myers requires you be in Tier 3, Hillbilly and Leatherface require that you have time to rev the chainsaw and then hit the survivor, Ghostface requires a survivor to have already been stalked. With NOED these killers no longer need to do anything special so they can instadown with just a standard smack that's why they use it.

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

I play Myers ALOT and I used to run NOED a good amount of the time since as stated above a little insurance goes a long way. Especially when it comes to toxic survivors. Nothing more satisfying than after being ######### on all match then to wind up with a 3-4 kill just as the exit gates get powered. This is coming from a personal experience when I played Plague one time even though she isn't Insta-down.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

i get what you are saying, but noed is an insta down so even if survivors cleansed all totems then they still have their insta down. to put a perk on that gives you an inst down when you can already insta down...thats what i just don't get.

having a noed challenge explains a little bit i guess.

• Frankie

Like the person above me said - instadown powers have requirements. For example, in Billy's case, it's very situational and easy to dodge unless you're out in the open and right in front of them. if someone is looking to do a challenge, they usually want to get it done and over with. So they may bring noed.

• just_a_noob

thanks for explaining. i clearly don't play killer enough but thats on me. i was just curious and now it makes more sense.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

It is insecure killers or noobs that use noed. Especially when they have insta downs

They lack confidence in their ability to use said insta.

Except myers because he has to build his power and it just seems appropriate on him.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Simple reason: nobody expects it.

• Frankie

I spy someone who has never played killer against decent survivors.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I could also see it done for fun and memes. Load up a one shotter with insta down perks and go to town.

• Clevite

Haha....7 devotion as killer my friend.

Rank 1 ps4...so no. But I appreciate your defense of killers.

I spy a newer killer that is struggling in red ranks?

• Clevite

Killer is very ego driven in my opinion. That's why we want 4ks. And not 2ks and be happy with the state of the game agreeing that 2ks is indeed balanced.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

It’s so annoying to see a Billy running NOED lol. I guess people use it to cheese for free kills since it’s simpler to click standard attack than use your power.

I only use NOED for Endgame Builds (like the Rift’s EGC sacrifice challenges) so I personally don’t make a habit to use it.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I'm talking about the smug sense of entitlement and looking down on anyone who uses Noed.

There are many reasons people may run the perk even with one shot killer.

1. It's more efficient in multiple situations than using the one shot power

2. Surprise

3. They might just like the perk

• Frankie

Oh, it's a dick measuring contest now.

Devotion 17. So...I mean, there's that. Not that it makes my opinion any more valid.

Yes, let's call killers insecure or noobs for using NOED, a perk that can be prevented by survivors from ever existing. *Makes perfect sense*.

• just_a_noob

i always expect it. it's used in most games i've been in recently hence why i cleanse totems as i come across them.

• Clevite

Fair enough. I dont mean to be that way. If that's how I come off to you.

However experience in game does allow for certain amount of insight. As such I have gone through many stages of killer. And as you perfect your craft you will see noed as useless and training wheels killing.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I use it on Miguel. I am a noob killer, but I've been having so much fun with it. Miguel can't necessarily choose when he's going to go into tier 3. Yes you can save it just before it goes into tier 3 and pop it when you're close to someone, but when I'm matched against other noobs, they spend the entire time Urban Evading with Spine Chill (usually as a Claudette, of course) so I have a hard time finding them. The best part though is that not only am I faster with NOED, but they all think they're safe if I'm not in tier 3. Tea bagging doesn't bother me at all, it genuinely makes me laugh, so when some moron is tea bagging me and they think they're gonna get smacked once and then run out, it's pretty satisfying. I've had so many kills late game because no one expects it on a Myers who isn't in tier 3 for some reason.

• Clevite

First....awesome job....devotion 17... I mean Damn!

As a survivor I don't mind noed anymore. I just cleanse it and go save my friends.

But as killer it's a perk for noobbs imo. Play it if you want.. tunnel if u want...camp till high tides...idk...but it's not the highest caliber of killer that can exist in this game.

• Frankie

I'm in the same boat. I never see it as survivor because totems are so insanely easy to cleanse. I don't use it as killer because there are *better perks to use*, but NOED definitely has it's place, and using it doesn't make a killer bad or a noob.

• Clevite
  • blasto
    blasto Member Posts: 41

It gives you a pretty significant movement speed boost also. It’s not just an insta down

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

If you see it on Billy or Bubba - Someone probably doing the challenge or possibly a baby killer who thinks they need it.

If you see it on Wraith or other M1 Killers - For the most part these are killers that struggle with stopping generator rushes and thus use NOED to punish survivors who generator rush and ignore totems. Survivors have gotten really lazy about cleansing totems ever since the change to Hex: Ruin. In fact, since Hex: Ruin is now no longer good on most of these killers (though I would argue it's pretty good on wraith when combined with surveillance) many of them have started flirting with NOED again in that same slot.

Most survivors don't respect hexes period now so NOED tends to take them by surprise. Add in that M1 killers like to run STBFL and you can machine gun down a lot of people at endgame quite easily.

NOED was always meant to be a punishment for survivors who just gen rushed instead of cleansing totems. The idea was the threat of NOED was enough to convince survivors to spread out and cleanse totems to eliminate the possibility when the last gen pops. This was supposed to help the killer have enough time to start getting some momentum.

Now with no viable early game generator slowdown perk (losing Hex: Ruin with corrupt intervention as a very lackluster replacement) it's not uncommon for killers to see 1-2 generators pop at the conclusion of the first short chase. This is because totems have become completely ignored as survivors know no one is running Hex: Ruin anymore and survivor mains have somehow convinced the entire DBD community that using NOED is a "noob" move, when in reality it would actually serve as a good counterbalance to the generator rushing we're seeing in so many games now.

TL:DR if you see it on a chainsaw wielder it's probably the challenge, if you see it on a pure M1 boi it's probably a killer who wants to punish survivors to lazy to do bones.