DEVS comment something about voice teamspeak please

UkilledLegion
UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

U think teanspeak in public game in SWF its honest and interesting?my opinion no! U said u never add voice chat in game but u give play SWF with teamspeak. I don't understand this logic. I think more people not like play vs SWF because often its lose game for killer. OF COURSE ALL NOT AGREE :D

Ur thought?

Comments

• UkilledLegion

@Masterkit Then its not horror. If be honest ,devs could delete SWF and if people like play with teamspeak this people can play KYF

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

The basic rundown is:

• The devs are okay with people using voice chat, and don't consider it cheating
    • They couldn't stop people from using it even if they wanted to
    • The plan for dealing with it is to improve the solo experience to the point where SWF being able to communicate doesn't make as much of a difference, and then balance killers around that

Since you specifically asked for a dev comment, these are all the dev comments I have on file related to voice communications and balancing around them.

• UkilledLegion
    edited February 2020

@Masterkit Then when they do with SWF something then I return because devs now add new system instead ranks. And interesting how devs and we will know about real skill SWF players?SWF get easy win and its mean they will up skill system very easy too :D and nothing too :D 1 name of system change to other name :D

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I'm curious. They've said that 'SWF was always the intention' when launching the game. If that was the case, why wasn't a built in voice chat application launched with it?

• UkilledLegion

@Fibijean DELETE SWF IN PUBLIC GAMES!AND NOONE CANT USE THIS!IF WANNA play with voice play KYF..Sometimes I think people not see that voice brake game brake bad balance :D

• UkilledLegion
    edited February 2020

@Rivyn asked same question.and after read dev's comments about voice I more hate game and this politic :Dreally lets will bot killer soon I leave this game ..will play "HItman" or "Blair Witch"

• Fibijean

Do you have any idea how many new players start playing DBD because their friends do? Removing SWF is the quickest way to kill the game. Everyone knows SWF is unbalanced, but they can't change SWF directly, so that's why they're changing solo play and killers to compensate.

• UkilledLegion

@Fibijean of course.like play with friends play KYF wanna show skill play on public with 3 other survivors.play alone or play together use some perks and other

• UkilledLegion

@Fibijean how killer compensate?1 example please?Never see this :D and agree its stupid "we know that SWF its unbalanced but we not will do with this because its kill game" funny logic

• UkilledLegion

@Holdonholdon pc... about cross game I think all players PC ps4 have diffirent control (gamepad keybord ….)

• Codela
    Codela Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2020

For whatever reason, my post got duplicated. :D

Post edited by Codela on
  • Codela
    Codela Member Posts: 96

So, let's say I got that one friend with whom I'd really like to play DbD. Do you really want me to play a match of KYF with him just to tell him afterwards: "Yo buddy, have fun playing solo now."? Or do you want me to persuade three other friends to buy DbD just to play KYF forevermore where you gain no rewards whatsoever?" There's barely any competition there.

SWF is somewhat broken, true. And especially in red ranks when you run into a very well-coordinated team that is good at looping, flashlight-saves, mindgaming the killer, using pallets responsibly and so on. But me and my friends, when we play SWF as 3 or as 4, we're not the best of the best and not the worst of the worst. We still do tons of mistakes sometimes, get hooked fairly quickly or just generally play into the killer's hands.

Again, I get what you're saying. But what bugs me about these discussions on how unfair and broken SWF is, is that SWF is being portrayed as the worst evil in need to get rid of in DbD in order to make it balanced and I'm like: no!? It's not like you're always getting the crème de la crème of survivors in SWF, it's no like you're always getting preyed on in SWF, it's not like SWF is the main issue BHVR should be focusing on at the moment. It's crucial bugs such as sound bugs, the dedicated servers' networking, some killers and their perks, matchmaking etc.

SWF should be addressed in due time. But getting rid of it? That would destroy DbD.

• Fibijean

If you mean how do the devs plan to buff killers to compensate, I have no idea, not being one myself. The problem right now is that killers are too weak to face SWF, but if they were buffed accordingly they would be too strong to face solo players. So once solo players are brought up to roughly the same power level as SWF, through things like UI changes that give solo players access to more information, killers can be increased in strength across the board to balance that out.