The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should the Devs take a break on the New Killers and survivors for a while?

GamingHulk123
GamingHulk123 Member Posts: 244

I believe that the Game needs so many fixes, I suggest that the game needs more fixing than it needs New content. If the Devs do make this decision to put a halt on new content and focus on game improvements and balancing, I will be more than happy to support them and stay by their side.

Should the Devs take a break on the New Killers and survivors for a while? 52 votes

The Devs should focus on Game Development and put the New Killers and Survivors to a halt.
71%
Mc_HartyGibberishAcromioSpacingLlamasCupcakeCookiieTapeKnotarslaNDexyIVGrimFancyMrBFichteHiromusstang62KathecruMrPenguinDYNAMICskills7minfulthefallenloserGamingHulk123PigMainClaudetteAvisDeene 37 votes
The devs shouldn't focus on Game Development.
23%
Seiko300FibijeanABannedCatTaigaOshiPapiQuentin_AzgarthusLarikalGandalfMutaTirsatAwkward_Fiendsourglobe 12 votes
I don't really care what they should do.
5%
Bossmistar_zasparagus 3 votes

Comments

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Game could use some serious bugfixing

• GamingHulk123
    The Devs should focus on Game Development and put the New Killers and Survivors to a halt.

Did you miss clicked?

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

No, I am just ######### xD

• GamingHulk123

lol

• Larikal
    Larikal Member Posts: 54

I love how 90% of polls here are so biased. First of all - game development means ALSO new killers and survivors, without them game sit in the same place. Second - option "devs shouldnt focus on game development" means like they should abandon their game. If you want to make some serious poll then there should be options like :

• devs should focus on balancing game
    • devs should focus on making new content

See? It isnt that hard to make both options even, without any bias.

And for me - if game wouldnt get anything new for... lets say a year then most players would go away. How long you can play against the same billy/spirit? How long you can play on the same 2 maps? Not to mention that new chapters gets the best press and its the best way to marketing the game.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    I don't really care what they should do.

They should but honestly does anyone really believe they'd do that? 😂🤡

• Nakedwildman
    Nakedwildman Member Posts: 198

basically correct, but wrong...

you cant roll out more and more "New" content, if not even the old one is working properly....

i rather to play 5 years the same 4 killers, but the gameplay is fixed and adjusted properly, then to play 20 killers in a unbalanced game/ Bugs / Glitches or stuff in that dont work the entire "around". We dont consider the game is fun because we can choose between killers/survivors...

Its fun when its working as intended. And actually its not, we all know that.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

They can do both at the same time.

The balance team and the cosmetic team and the creation team can all work simultaneously.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

A lot of the content in the game is in such a desperate need of overhauling, it might as well be new content anyways.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I wouldn't mind if they did, but I don't think they're going to.

If they believed it were in their best interests as a business, they would already be doing this. Since they're not, we can assume that it isn't. And they have to do what is in their best interests as a business, because if the business goes down, the game goes with it.

I also suspect, as popular as this idea is among hardcore players, that there may be a silent majority who only play the game for the new content and care more about that than they do about everything else being perfectly balanced, and who would therefore get bored and drop off very quickly if the new content stopped coming.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

If only. The biggest things they can do are rework the maps, and buff bad perks like they already are. Mostly the maps though

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited February 2020

Hello OP

First of all.. Game developement... i know you probably mean "fixing the game" by that, but just for the record, game developement is not just bug fixing, programming and implementing new ideas for balancing.

Back to topic: please explain how you would handle that situation and how it would be helpful for the game to focus on fixing the game? Fire everyone that has nothing to do with coding or ballancing? And then hire programmers or new game designers? And after the game is fixed, fire them and get back the old staff? Retraining the Art team?

I get your idea and i understand your needs, but it is not how things are working in life and definitly not how you run a successful company.

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209

Honestly the game needs to be worked on badly as the new content they release tends to just break more things and their bug fixes come out slower then they put bugs in and sometimes bug "fixes" break other things usually sound. They dedicate more resources to fixing the game and pull back a bit on releasing new content that just adds on to the pile of bugs they need to fix.

• GamingHulk123

Yea, but it will be wise for them to give us more information. They say they hear what we are saying but they never respond. If the devs wanted to tell me that no new content is a recipe for disaster, then they should. That's why we have community managers. We need more communication.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

You want more informations? What infos are you missing?

I am around in gaming industry for a long time and i have played many many online games, but there are hardly any games i can name that involve the community as much as this one. They inform us about their plans all the time, they communitcate throw several plattforms with us all the time, they stream, they have active devs in this forum who answer all the questions that need to be answered, often over and over again the same FAQs.

You guys have to understand that there are countless opinions and desires for every game and they can not please everybody. Also.. it is a golden rule for game developement to listen to their audience, but what the audience is asking for and what they actually need are often two completly different things. This is a bit offtopic but people dont always know what they really want. They think they know, but when they have it, they see what it costed to get that, and then they realise when it is 2 late.

• GamingHulk123

I get your point.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2020

As much as I would like it if the devs finally addressed some of the issues that have Plagued, (get it), this game for so long, their current business model may not allow it. Or maybe it could and they just want the extra money.

Honestly, none of us know why they're focusing so much on new content besides the obvious revenue they get from adding it.

Post edited by SirCracken on
  • GamingHulk123

If they would hear us, ONI then the SHAPE of our future would be great. No... Too much of a... CLOWN? *Exits out the nearest door*

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

I would have opted for the classic, "curved cane drags you by the neck", but I guess the door works too.

• Larikal
    Larikal Member Posts: 54

What dont work properly? As far as i saw everything works properly. Just admit that you think you know how game should be fixed - "uhh, oni is too strong, i cant escape him even if he doesnt have any power before hit me. Oh, and they should fix my claudette, it must be bug that im so bad on her, bcs for sure it isnt my fault, im perfect player". The point is - its all biased. You can only speak for yourself, and claiming "game should be fixed" is at least arrogant.

You know what? There are for now only 3 things that should be fixed/dealt with. First one is Ormond - this map got so bad optimization and i guess we all can agree on that. Second one is "infinite loading screen" that happens to almost everybody once a while (for me it once a couple days). And last one is connected with Ormond i believe - fog. I played many games but this is the first one when fog use so much resources (im fine with fps, but for tests lower fog quality). And probably, bcs of that Ormond got low fps, on this map everything is behind snowy foggy thing.

Everything other than this is just balance stuff and trust me, there is no player that should speak for it. I for example hate playing against Wraith, i would even want to play against some kind of god nurse than him. So they should nerf it and instead buff nurse, spirit and billy as they are too weak and for me its free escape... wrong. Im biased, and i admit it. You are also biased, unless you dont play this game but somehow you are in possess of labels with stats from this game. If its true then sure, speak about balance. If not then you opinion doesnt matter, bcs what matter are facts - how many people play killer X? How many of this games are "won" by this killer? How long "winners" played this killer? And even lets go forward - why this killer have advantage over survivors? Maybe they (survs) played it wrong (for example pallet camp vs nurse)? You dont have this answers.

The truth is - there is no perfect balance. No matter how long they do, how much they listen to all of you ALWAYS will be someone unhappy. And ALWAYS there will be guys who would say "no, game should stop developing, they should only focus on fixes". If we go down this road then we go straight to gaming graveyard

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I feel like they should work more on balancing and reworking/buffing some of the stuff that really needs it but at the same time I would like to see new content, that in my opinion is what keeps the game fresh, Like the doctor rework when I tried him he felt like an entirely new killer. And with Deathslinger in the game it keeps it fresh. But that just me though

• A9F6
    A9F6 Member Posts: 91
    edited March 2020

If they do have a break on killer/survivor creations then I hope they are creating a new game mode or something. Either way I still want a new game mode. Even LTMs, summet like prop hunt would just be a fun change. Test out the 2 vs 8 majority of people want. Just something different!

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

This^^^

Just because you made the poll biased I am going to select the option you clearly DON'T want people selecting.

Also, you know they do BOTH anyway?? The people who focus on creating new content are NOT the same people who balance existing content, these are two different parts of the dev team and nobody in the ######### community knows that apparently. That or they purposefully ignore the fact just to give themselves an excuse for being #########

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711

I think they should focus on what's already in the game and on the various bugs in the game right now.