Time to put the Demo Puppers to bed

I've made a couple posts about Demo over the past couple months trying to figure out how to make him work well at high ranks. I've unlocked all perks, tried countless builds, watched good killer streamers, and got great tips from this forum. But I for the life of me cannot make him work in the higher ranks. And I've been trying for a loooong time. I consider myself a pretty good killer and have been playing this game since release. I really hope he gets a little love in one of the future updates. Specifically, something that can help him deal with pallet looping, which is my main struggle with him. Doc has shock, Clown has gas, Hag and Trapper have traps. Billy and Bubba have their chainsaws. Stealth killers have the advantage of being able to sneak up on survivors. Just about any other killer I can get at least 2k on a bad game, but most games get a 3k at minimum. Good games I get 4k. With Demo, I'm lucky if I get one. Being from Stranger Things, I love this killer and he's my favorite. It's really frustrating not being able to get any good use out of him. The only time I've had good games is when the survivors make really dumb mistakes, which gets rarer the higher in ranks you get.

Anyone else feel Demo could use some help?

Comments

• Tipper117
    Tipper117 Member Posts: 41

Agreed. I still think his shred could use some sort of extra help. Maybe let him turn at the end of the thrash so he could better manage pallet loops.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

I think demo is in a weird spot right now , he has the undetectable status after going through a portal but like someone has already stated you get a Map wide sound when he teleports. also his footsteps are extremely loud .

I however , have found some success playing as him in red ranks . The build I usually use Is:corrupt, stbfl, thrilling, and pop. stbfl is amazing on demo , if you come up to your obsession just smack em with your little shred. (when using your shred you gotta be really patient , I would suggest getting right behind them or do it when they are vaulting or in a bottle neck area so you dont miss). I would also suggest working towards a three gen . three gening against demo is almost unwinnable . use his portals to tell you whether someone is on the gen or not.

Hope this helped !

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

On paper he has everything a good killer would want, yet people still have trouble with him because he doesn't pan out as well as he looks. I think a big factor of this is the amount of information he gives survivors. He gives so many global sound notifications for everything to where survivors almost always know where he's at and what he's doing. Also as if his huge size wasn't bad enough for loops, he's also extremely loud so you can predict his movements easier. This also defeats the entire point of Undetectable from portals.

He needs to give less information to survivors and quiet his footsteps with Undetectable. I'd also like it if the radius on detecting survivors near his portals was much larger. You either put it close enough for them to be in detect range, but now the portal is close enough you will never sneak up on someone with it, or you put it far enough for a sneak up, but now it's too far to detect. This function is counter intuitive. Not to mention they've received a sound queue before this to know you are traveling OR the loud footsteps.

There is just way too much counter play built into his kit at base instead of making survivors adapt the counter play themselves. It's handed to them.