The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is everyone complaining about the new chapter?

akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

The gist of what I'm getting is, "Killer is underpowered and she almost nekked and that offends me." I'm still gonna buy it and play it cause the game thrives on new content. Back of my mind though, I hope they put cool downs on Billy and Nurse abilities so they can do more holistic balance changes to buff all the killers or give all the survivors some type of nerf.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited August 2018

@akbays35 said:
    The gist of what I'm getting is, "Killer is underpowered and she almost nekked and that offends me." I'm still gonna buy it and play it cause the game thrives on new content. Back of my mind though, I hope they put cool downs on Billy and Nurse abilities so they can do more holistic balance changes to buff all the killers or give all the survivors some type of nerf.

Cool, if you wanna support the devs go ahead.
    Doesnt change the fact that she will dissapear from the game within a few weeks, just like clown did.

And no, they cant nerf billy and nurse because those are the only viable killers and if they remove them, then there is no killer you can play at high rank anymore. DO I need to explain why this would be a problem?
    Survivor nerfs are not gonna happen, SC DS and hatch reworks have been delayed for ages now, I dont think they will ever arrive

• akbays35

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

Doesnt change the fact that she will dissapear from the game within a few weeks, just like clown did.

And no, they cant nerf billy and nurse because those are the only viable killers and if they remove them, then there is no killer you can play at high rank anymore. DO I need to explain why this would be a problem?
    Survivor nerfs are not gonna happen, SC DS and hatch reworks have been delayed for ages now, I dont think they will ever arrive

There is a 2 fold problem here. Not everyone in this game plays high ranks or at high level play and high rank players don't "play" at their level, if you watch any streamer at rank 1 there are at least a quarter of the survivors that play at a green level. I play this game casually and still end up against and with popular streamers irregularly. People are dcing at billy's, nurses, and even hags in the games I play and thats a problem. If people don't even want to play against those killers it disrupts the game for both sides.

Plus killers can get to rank 1 with Wraiths and Freddy so it's not like a big accomplishment.

Not asking for a direct nerf just a small cooldown on their abilities to bring them more in line since they both have mobility tied to their kits and so much map control. If Nurse and Billy had a 10 second cd (5 second on nurse post stun) on their abilities they wouldn't feel so oppressive for low ranks. If they bring the 2 strongest in line, they can buff killers or nerf survivors all at once for balance changes.

I do agree that Self Care and DS need a nerf (DS should leave survivors in the dying state when they get dropped so they have to be picked up or saved and Self Care needs a limitation of 1-2 health states?). Idk why people don't play Clown as much, hes stronger than doc and pig I do see him more than huntress though.

Issue I have with this chapter is that none of Adams perks seem particularly useful but some are goofy and meme worthy.

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

I love this chapter! It's a work of art the new Killer is in my opinion right below the nurse and the Perks are a fuckload of fun

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

There is a 2 fold problem here. Not everyone in this game plays high ranks or at high level play and high rank players don't "play" at their level, if you watch any streamer at rank 1 there are at least a quarter of the survivors that play at a green level. I play this game casually and still end up against and with popular streamers irregularly. People are dcing at billy's, nurses, and even hags in the games I play and thats a problem. If people don't even want to play against those killers it disrupts the game for both sides.

Plus killers can get to rank 1 with Wraiths and Freddy so it's not like a big accomplishment.

Not asking for a direct nerf just a small cooldown on their abilities to bring them more in line since they both have mobility tied to their kits and so much map control. If Nurse and Billy had a 10 second cd (5 second on nurse post stun) on their abilities they wouldn't feel so oppressive for low ranks. If they bring the 2 strongest in line, they can buff killers or nerf survivors all at once for balance changes.

I do agree that Self Care and DS need a nerf (DS should leave survivors in the dying state when they get dropped so they have to be picked up or saved and Self Care needs a limitation of 1-2 health states?). Idk why people don't play Clown as much, hes stronger than doc and pig I do see him more than huntress though.

Issue I have with this chapter is that none of Adams perks seem particularly useful but some are goofy and meme worthy.

Balancing Nurse will be hard but putting a cooldown on an ability that is fairly hard to hit and punishing her for missing and blinking in general is allready quite hefty so I wouldn't say a cooldown on her ability is a good choice but I can definetly agree on billy he is in my opinion to easy for a to high pay off if you compare him to the spirit a killer that has an ability that requires you to think for 2 people at once, you would notice even moe how broken his ability truly is so a short CD on his chainsaw wouldn't hurt in my opinion but what would work better in my opinion would be removing the instadown entirel or from short ranges

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

Thats quite funny that you mention this.
    Yes, SWF ######### up matchmaking completely. The game hasnt been designed for SWF and it breaks several aspects of the game, if high ranks play SWF with low ranks, they can get both a high rank killer or a low rank killer, but thats completely the fault of the SWF mates and you cant blame the killer for that.

Yes I know, not everybody plays competitively (me neither) and beign a casual player is fine too. Another problem in this game is that devs decided to make piping easy AF so atm you pip to easily and reach ranks where you actually shouldnt be in. Of course you can correct this by deranking.

And yes, killers like wraiths and freddys can get to rank 1 because everyone can get to rank 1 becuse piping is too easy (I got rank 1 survivor in my first month btw). However, against a competent SWF playing COMPETITIVELY they dont stand a chance.

The reason why so few killers play clown that after the freddy desaster everyone waited how the devs change him after his release. A week after the release it was already clear how weak he actually is, so nobody bought him.

And please think about both sides, I recommend trying to rank up as killer at least once (at least into red ranks) and you will see the game in a completely new light

• akbays35

I really think they should just remove swf or just only allow 2 people to make it more managable. Getting swf squads as killer is really annoying especially when you're at low ranks trying to learn the game. But I do have high hopes for this chapter they are throwing out some good killer perks and I think the Spirit will be played at the same level as doc or pig.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@akbays35 said:

Not been long before a survivor main figured out that he can now ask for a 20 sec cooldown (or similar) to other killer's power.

Also the rest of this past is biased as hell.

The worst part is you pointed out some legit problems, but in your mind it is always the killer's fault.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Devs should buff all killers to be on Billy or Nurse lvl. After that, we can discuss nerfs.
    If you give killers a cooldown on their powers, you´ll nerf them to the point that they won´t be able to do any kills at all.

• king
    king Member Posts: 3

Aahmm..

• akbays35

@Tsulan said:
    Devs should buff all killers to be on Billy or Nurse lvl. After that, we can discuss nerfs.
    If you give killers a cooldown on their powers, you´ll nerf them to the point that they won´t be able to do any kills at all.

We'll just have to see, that's really what I think the Devs are planning after this patch.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@akbays35 said:

Only CASUAL noobs are complaining about her being underpowered, its just a GIT GUD problem.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Bug_Reporter said:

Only CASUAL noobs are complaining about her being underpowered, its just a GIT GUD problem.

"Huur duur ME good ! You noob ! Me strong !" :)

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Don't know why they're complaining.

So far, I'm really liking this chapter.

• akbays35

@Mister_Holdout said:
    Don't know why they're complaining.

So far, I'm really liking this chapter.

my issue after thinking about it is that this killer can be countered by Spine Chill, good thing Survivors don't know what that perk is or does LUL.