Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What's your number 1 reason to actually quit DbD?

bendermac
bendermac Member Posts: 772
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

Just name one thing you truly dislike about this game and if it gets any worse you will drop this game for good

For me it's damn waiting times to get into a game.

There is no game, other then DbD, where I had to wait such a long time on a constant base to find a new game to join. I'm seriously on the tipping point to drop this game for good.

Post edited by bendermac on

Comments

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536
    edited February 2020

If killer becomes any worse than what it is currently, I picked up this game for killer back when it launched, I play this game for killer to this day, while yes I play survivor, it wouldn't be the same game that I spent all these years learning how to play.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

If they actually delete Amanda, Feng Min, Legion or Demo

Don't touch my mains

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Some days I don't feel like logging in at all.

Not because of any real in-game issues, just because I don't feel like playing. For whatever reason, just not in the mood.

When those days become more often, to the point where I'm not playing more than playing, I'll probably stop. Right now, logging in feels like a big time investment. I don't log in & play a game or two & then log out. I load the game & then spend multiple hours on it. Grinding out Bloodpoints.

That doesn't feel like it is anywhere on the near horizon, mind you. I just recently got a real life friend to start playing & it has rejuvenated some of the fun in the game for me. I'm also looking forward to the new DLC & Chapter IV of the Tome coming out.

When the game starts to feel like work, I'll walk away.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited February 2020

Dedicated Servers and their hitbox registration.

It's not right.

I went from playing daily to barely 2 or 3 matches a week. I haven't purchased anything since Nurse got her WWII Para-Nurse outfit because of the lack of server attention.

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230

bad updates

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

I have about 5 more DBD achievements I need. Once I grab those I'm gone:3

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i stopped playing survivor cause the lobby times are god awful and my team mates (i play solo) sometimes are so bad at the game they literally force me to depip because of their stupidity.

like, i did 3.5 gens on my own, cleansed the killers Hex and 3 dull totems while my team mates basically just run circles around the killer all game and hookfarm each other. we got to endgame (due to me being the guy sitting in the back doing gens my evader and benevolent were both basically non existant) and guess what? the killer got NOED. the fun part? i did 4 totems by myself - so no one ever bothered to just do a single little totem all game. the game ended with 2 injured survivors dashing straight at me with a killer behind them, so i end up getting killed (wasnt even at a gate, i was looking for the totem. they just literally ran straight at me and then snuck away ;-;)

another game i got hooked and went from being hooked once all the way to being halfway through of the second hook state before anyone even bothered saving me (i had a friend playing with me this time, though he was in chase). the best part? they were doing gens together AND I HAVE KINDRED EQUIPPED.

or that one game where two just ragequit within the first couple of seconds and the killer decided to just end it - we died with 5 gens left.

(these 3 games were back to back - and there were more. i went from almost being rank 2 back to almost rank 5 in a single day)

so yeah, if i play survivor now, its eigther with some friends (usually without comms tho) or i accidentally miss the button and end up playing killer instead.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,714

The complaints and general salt levels both in game and on the forums.

I wouldn't have nearly as much fun if salt levels and forum complaints declined and I would have no choice but to leave if people started to be nice to each other and made constructive well thought-out posts. Franklins is not OP and I had better see 3 new topics disagreeing with me or I'm going to be livid.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

If we don't start getting solid, decent perks again. Everything new has a cooldown or some arbitrary condition you need to get for it to actually work. There are so many perks that would be good without a cooldown (like Surge, Lucky Break, Blood Echo, and Thrilling Tremors), and there are so many perks that don't even come close to the usefulness of the currently meta perks. The meta has gotten incredibly stale, and the game is becoming stale with it.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

Stress

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited February 2020

Killer experience.

It's just horrible. I'm not talking about killer performace, I'm talking about the actual inside of the car. The seats have no leather and when I drive the engine makes this really loud, screeching sound that hurts my ears. I'm pretty sure the pedal heat up and burn my feet. Weither I STOMP a team or get curbed myself the sheer level of sweat and expecation to "gid gud" is so immense even when you're messing around that killer role is just....tiring...I get actually exthausted from how much sweat is in killer role while in survivor role I feel almsot immediately more at ease.

The biggest problem is that the maps for so long have been so barren. There is nothing on the map that harms of hinders survivors so there is no reason for them to not run amok and gen rush like lunatics starry eyed electricians that just got fresh out of college. Thankfully the devs seem to have finally clued in on this and decided to add something to maps in this update. Which...thank god. They REALLY needed an update. I hope we get more interactable and hazards in game.

Right now crows are worthless. Normally, if the games interactable were balanced you'd want to avoid a crow. But realistically if a crow goes all that wil lhappen is that I will watch someone with a lead make it to a loop, a strong safe loop, or a pallet which they will just stand at. With the game so time sensitive as it is, I can't afford to do any of those without a specific anti-pallet build or something.

My point being is. You don't feel in power at all even when you're doing well. You feel like you got lucky most of the time because any optimal loop will ensure safety and 2 gens done. If you feel like you got to carry a game all by yourself and that you're getting lucky when you end a chase early...that's not a fun role experience.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

My number 1 reason would be that it ruins my PS4. It literally shut off my PS4 today because it overheated. Took me a couple hours to get it back online and it had to come back in safe mode and sort out my hard drive for corrupt files. It is the only game that causes issues for my PS4 (and I've played hundreds of titles).

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Getting bored or feeling to stressed by it, and neither has really happened to me (not yet)

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

The ######### battlepass. I legit quit for a month when it came out. Maybe 2. It's a ######### tactic and I still dont agree with it.

Even saltier I dont get Halloween cosmetics for nurse because I won't pay for it. When it's a ######### event skin. Greed at its finest.

If it gets any greedier around here or more dependent on the rift, I'm done.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Bugs, bad optimisation, dedicated servers. I couldn't care less about balancing, but when the game isn't working as intended, or outright starts to sabotage me, that's where I draw the line. If the developers don't sort out that bullshit fast, I am gone for sure.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

The community, definitely. It actually already made me quit once, I only came back a month or two ago at the request of a friend and I've found that it's just as bad as when I left! The people who play this game are just awful to each other. Each interaction that isn't hostile is like a nice surprise in contrast to the wave of ######### in every post game chat. Slurs, insults, literal threats of violence, all of those and more I've found are common in this community. It's on par with Rust and that's HORRIBLE. Have you ever interacted with the Rust community? Once a Rust player literally added me on Steam just to insult me after stealing all of my stuff, because those are the kinds of people that play Rust, and those are the kind of people who play Dead by Daylight too. Everyone is angry at everyone else and they will not hesitate to make it known. The flaws with the game don't even infuriate me, it's when people give me ######### after the match that get to me. Like 80% of the player base needs to go to therapy.

But so yeah, the community. Hitboxes/latency are a close second.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

There forums are going to make me quit. Someday.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

More focus on money than balance

Unbalanced games

Overpowered and underpowered perks

Adrenaline

NOED

Matchmaking

Spirit

New MMR system

Overpriced store items

Self Care

SWF

Toxic after-game survivor squads and killers

Boring grinding

Boring and unoriginal chapters

Facecamping and tunneling

Killers bringing an ivory mori to tunnel the person that gave them the hardest time

People using keyboard and mouse on console who thing they're better

Breakable wall in killer shack

Maps being taken and just given a different theme and main building (aka boring map design)

Battle pass

People bullying new players rather than guiding them

Camping and t-bagging hatch

P3 Claudette and Adam

Claudette

Adam

Nea

Selfish teammates

Being the one to do literally everything (complete five gens, unhook everyone twice, 99% both exit gates, run the killer around forever) and yet get left to die on first hook

I've got better things to do in life

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    edited February 2020

If they nerf another gen related killer perk such as pop, corrupt etc then I would leave.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Poor balance between killer and survivor sides.

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198
    edited February 2020

The red-purple rank SWFs that flashlight blind and teabag my rank 12 ass every match are actually starting to make me feel like #########, so there's something.

• Ardjet
    Ardjet Member Posts: 85

None, as I´m not quitting - I love this game.. And if I did quit, I wouldn´t come here to post about it.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Honestly, player behavior.......

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

Because at equal level of skill killers are too weak. I moved to survivor but only because my friends asked. I would have quit after the nurse mega nerf

• Raven9
    Raven9 Member Posts: 298

He's not dead yet, but he's close to dying.

• Raven9
    Raven9 Member Posts: 298

Frankly, if you ask me, BHVR doesn't care right now because it still has a playing audience. Unfortunately, when the game dies and everyone leaves, BHVR will not be able to do anything about it. This game has no future and will not.Because she doesn't even care about the feedback.

Bad updates, dedicated server, hitbox and more. The dedicated server that makes me angry here the most. So why do we have to test this? The game was good for many years of activities, I know those funny moments, there are fun mistakes but this is not a problem for me.

However, BHVR has now given me reasons to leave it pushing my limit. This game is going to die and we will miss this game so what are we going to do? Different video games different methods. We can download the old version of the game as a torrent, install a server and enjoy those old days. Of course, someone who understands this is required and the website is a must for this.

If I have to complete my last sentence, this game has no future. BHVR may not care what I say, it doesn't matter, I don't care about it.

What do you think BHVR will do when one day there are no players left? ;)

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Well if they make the game any easier for survivor i will be done for good. Right now survivor lacks fun cause it is too easy to play. I want a challenge and be able to play with friends. Seems that this is completely ignored, i wonder if there is another infinite on the new map like on sanctum. I mean i would expect them after 3 years not to make such loops but seems they do not care or whatever their problem is.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited February 2020

I am already semi-away.

After the Legion rework I had a long time not play dbd. After the frenzy patch I had come back, but the inactivity of the devs have bring me back to just playing 1-2 times/month. I think, I will take another break soon.

Some devs have argue about the Legion rework with the fun of the people that play against him. Thats nice, but whats with the fun of the people that play them?

I have waited long for some effect like in the movie "life is brian" when the people discover there, that you can read books, after you have open one first, -to use this analogy... But it seems really hopeless. They are stuck in their believe that everybody loves to be a m1 killer and that they have done something great with the rework for ->every<- player. Or maybe they think they can ignore this group of players.

Either way, as long as this problem exists, its another nail in the coffin of dbd and I have just not the endurance anymore to wait on the day where they discover that the old Legion mains also like to have fun (if they ever discover it, we may see a scene then how in the life is brian, just not about books, then about killer fun).

If they would fix this 1 issue, I would be willing to stay in the game with all the crap that you have to endure as killer in this game, but without something that makes fun? Its hard, man.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Queue times. Waiting 5 minutes for a match is already a big damper on fun. I don't see myself waiting 8-10 minutes. If it comes to this, I'll most likely take a break from the game.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

The game mode is always the same and im very tired after 4-5 games, if they dont wanna add something new i will just come back after every chapter to test it and quit right after 1 week over and over again

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

3 things could make me quit DBD:

• queue times don't improve - it's fun playing killer, but I'm getting bored being able to play only 50% of the game. The only times I ever play survivor anymore is when we play in custom lobbies with friends, which happens pretty rarely
    • Killers and maps continue to be poorly optimised for console - lery's and hawkins are unplayable if i haven't restarted my console in the past hour. Demogorgon, oni, doctor, plague are a jittery mess if I haven't restarted my console very recently. If I ever get bloodlust as killer I have to drop chase because the game becomes a jittery mess. When i activate sprint burst as survivor the game becomes a jittery mess. After the second or third round in a custom lobby the game becomes a jittery mess. You get the point.
    • No new features get introduced into the game - need something that actually changes up the gameplay. The archives were a great addition, but they'll get old eventually.
  • missionnhunter
    missionnhunter Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2020

Well the disconnect penalty is a great reason to quit. I've had 3 matches today where the killer could see every player hiding and went one to the next downing everyone, obviously using some kind of radar hack. I've also had a round where 1 person disconnected and myself and the 2 others were all knocked down and killer would just pick one up then smack down again over and over for points. And realistically if someone's glitching I'll disconnect and if that incurs a penalty I'll just play a different game. I've also had the game stop part way through loading on many occasions and I get the timer. I was going to buy stranger things dlc and another to progress my characters - as a relatively new player I've only leveled the base ones - but after discovering the progressive timer bs, not happening. If devs don't want me to buy their dlc, I won't.

Post edited by missionnhunter on
  • Nvsbl_1
    Nvsbl_1 Member Posts: 11

The "latency" boxes are the worst. Get hit through walls (I'm looking at you Freddy and Huntress), get hit 5 steps past a vault, get hit when you are behind a killer after a nice juke, get hit performing pretty much anything.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I actually uninstalled from how frustrating playing killer was and because I thought my steam wish list games were on sale. Turns out the email was older than I thought (I don't check my gaming email often enough) and since I am frugal, I am back playing Dbd until the games I want are back on sale. I won't touch Killer any more, playing survivor and meming with Killers is still somewhat enjoyable.

• deollie
    deollie Member Posts: 168

No cross save. I know this isn't about the gameplay of the game itself, but it sucks they don't have a cross save. I switched platforms and now my old account with all of my prestige, cosmetics, and progress is just sitting around.

In the meantime, I have had to completely restart and I hate it. The progress on my other account took way too much time to get and if they don't add a cross save, I may just quit for good.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2020

I play in spurts as I like to play DBD alone as survivor and its not the type of game my friends enjoy.

When i play multiplayer my friends and I play a few other games and Ark Genesis just dropped so I'm on that for now.

The one thing that has changed the game a lot for myself is the rift challenges. While they give something else to do they arent well thought out imo as most detract from playing normally. I ignore them for the most part and I've only done about 5 from tier 1 but when others are doing them they affect your own enjoyment of the game when they just do them ignoring objectives or give up after getting them.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Um, I dunno. I guess if they ever make the Reverse Bear Traps suck too much at killing Survivors? Yeah, yeah, RBTs are a stalling tool and not a killing tool, but at a certain point, they may as well not even be Reverse Bear Traps.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

If I was to quit the game it would be because of the long match-making times for survivor. I sometimes get bored waiting for a match that I end up playing killer or just choosing not to play the game at all for the rest of the day.

• Effrafax
    Effrafax Member Posts: 32

Haven't reached that point yet, but two things pushing me closer to it:

1. Matchmaking
    2. Frequency/severity of bugs
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Bugs and game perfomance

• DrownedFish
    DrownedFish Member Posts: 107

Gen speed. Killers doesn't have to go through that much safe pallets and hook survivors. It's a struggle to hook everyone once atm...