Dramatic hypocrites

Am I the only one noticing how dramatic some people are in the forum?

Like "OMG, goodbye cruel world. they're going to nerf every killer perk in the game"

or "OMG, the Devs are so survivor/killer sided and this game is so unfair. Every survivor/killer should uninstall this game tomorrow"

1. It's not that serious.
  2. You're just flat out wrong.

And then the same people who complain about a mechanic of one side will blatantly defend mechanics of the side they favor.

Examples: Killers complaining that survivors loop pallets and call it boring and some even have gone as far as calling it exploiting game mechanics, will turn around and defend face camping, tunneling, and slugging as legit strats. Now I'm not saying they aren't strategies. What I and many others are saying though is that it makes the game boring as hell.

Survivors will complain about a perk like NOED coming into play at the end of a game while using adrenaline which is kind of the survivor equivalent (although I personally think NOED is slightly more powerful)

Killers complaining about quick games, but will equip Infectious Fright on a Billy and slug the whole team and end the match in under 3 minutes which I guess means they don't actually care about the speed of the match when it comes to them winning.

Honestly the game is pretty balanced as it is and people on both extremes (killer only/survivor only) need to get over themselves.

Dead hard is a crap perk and hardly ever works. Don't know why people complain about it so much

NOED is annoying and cheap but avoidable.

I hardly ever get hit by D-strike and I've played killer all the way up to rank 1. My playstyle just typically doesn't allow me to get hit by D-strike unless there's only like 2 people left. I find someone else to go after. People just need to admit that they get hit by d-strike often because they tunnel (and yes I know there are a few outliers who will end up getting hit by it because they snowballed really quickly, but the majority of the times, you tunneled and you know it)

Borrowed Time is a strong perk and it has to be because camping in incredibly strong and scummy. A killer who decides to camp is assured a kill. Either the person on the hook or the one risking their life for the save is going to die. Without BT, killer could literally camp every hook with no consequence

BBQ is only super strong on like Billy. Everyone else, you just fake like you're running one way for 4 seconds and then turn around. I can't count the number of times I've had killers searching lockers in areas they thought I went to.

tl'dr

Anyway, my point is:

1. People need to stop being so dramatic about the changes in the game. They aren't that serious.
  2. The Devs aren't picking favorites and both sides get nerfed and reworked often
  3. People need to be more consistent about the things they defend or the things they complain about.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,085

Thank you, 100% agreed.

• JeffIsGod
    JeffIsGod Member Posts: 11

Absolutely agree, glad someone said it lol

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

The games the most balanced as it's been in a while. I remember back in 2016 killers had REAL reasons to complain. Sure, some things here and there should be adjusted, but the game as it is right now is fairly balanced

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I couldnt agree more.

The same people that say they are leaving the game after this update are the same that will be spouting ######### at the devs next ######### up.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    edited February 2020

Actually I get hit a lot by DS because I always find the unhooked survivor with DS active repairing a generator.

And deadhard used to reach a pallet/window (not to dodge a hit) is the strongest survivor perk in the game.

I agree with you in everything else.

Edit: idk why I tagged you 2 times and I can't delete them lol. Pretty good job so far.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

Adrenalin is a much stronger perk than NOED, at least in my opinion. The main and most important reason, if the survivors do totems, NOED never activates, Adrenalin always activates as long as the survivors is alive. Even if I hook the survivor, the minute they get off, fully and healed and sprint bursting away.

Dead hard works perfectly fine if you use it for distance instead of being greedy and trying to avoid a hit at the very last second.

That is actually a fair point about killers complaining about gen speeds, I've had a killer in the same night complain the game was two quick when it took a little over 8 minutes. But got him again about an hour later and slugged us all in under 3. He had no complaints about the second match. I actually never thought of that argument.

I pretty much agree with you on everything else.

• NeaMainNON_TOXIC3
    NeaMainNON_TOXIC3 Member Posts: 260

I completely agree with you! I have never used NOED once. I never use Adreneline or DH or DS often. (I only used Adren. and DH becuase I was leveling up characters, never touching DS) I played as one of the worst killers apparently (Clown) and used three perks.(Bamboozle, Sloppy, Colouraphobia) Still got a 4k. I dont know wh y some people complain

• mmain
    mmain Member Posts: 430
    edited February 2020

The comments you are getting are a perfect example of your point. You could make a post on this forum saying grass is green without someone finding a reason to be terribly offended.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

That's most of the reasons I get hit by ds. I hook someone, go hunting, hook someone else, go hunting again. Then I run into the first survivor by chance. It's not tunneling if I was patrolling and you just happened to be the only one in the area.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

As a player of both sides, I think it is safe to say that this game involves a lot of conflict regarding the balancing status. I've witnessed a lot of survivors complain about the killer side being "unfair" because they died, when in reality it is one's responsibility to make sure you survive. I've also witnessed killers complain that survivor perks are "OP" and they should be nerfed because they didn't get a 2k or 3k. In my opinion, I feel that you shouldn't take the game seriously (because, it's a game lol) and just try and have fun. That's what most players forget to do because they take it too seriously. Think about it this way: you win one match, good for you. But then you lose the next match, disappointing yes... but be grateful that it's not going to affect your daily life and you can always play more matches after that bad one, so it's not like you failed completely.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Sorry, but some of us have thousands of hours, and we know that the game has issues.

The veterans will keep complaining until the devs do the right thing and improve balance.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

I have over 2000 hours so..... it has nothing to do with hours

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Wait. Are you saying people would proclaim a situation dire when it isn't? Surely not. I've always found both sides present fair and reasoned arguments. Nobody here would ever blow things completely out of proportion.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    edited February 2020

People complaining about DH and BT aren't right

But criticisms about NOED and DS are valid.

Your statement about tunneling simply isn't true, go for any survivor you see indiscriminately and you will get hit by DS. If a previously hooked survivor is doing a gen then you need to chase them off. Not getting hit by DS mean having to play around it either through slugging or some other method.

Just because a perk isn't game breaking doesn't mean there aren't valid criticisms for it.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

A lot of the points here are completely true and supportable...other than the game being balanced.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Suggestions are fine but some posts are way too over dramatic “devs only care about survivors/killers”

• RakimSockem

I never claimed the game was perfect and didn't need work. I said it's relatively balanced.

Trust that I know there are a plethora of issues with this game. Hitboxes, killer favored latency, map size, getting kicked out of my lobby every time I change my challenge in the rift, lots of problems

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67

Honestly I play Killer mostly, only using Survivor to observe the strategies of other Survivors/Do Challenges. In my opinion my duty is to do whatever it takes to keep people from leaving. It is their duty to do whatever it takes to escape. Sure DH, DS, Adrenaline and whatnot are annoying, but those are the tools provided. I don't mind losing if I get outplayed, and I don't like winning if it's too quick. All I want is a show of skill on both sides, and I feel it's rather difficult to get that nowadays.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Never saw a post that looks like me like this one. NO RUIN NO KILLERS >:(

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I never understood people complaining about the other side using their perks to the best of their ability.

I also enjoy ensuring I deny their use of same. I slug the unhooked survivor if they run straight to me after an unhook or just go for the unhooker and deny their BT or DS (I mean its hella obvious when they have it. Why fall for the trap?). I cleanse all totems I come across to deny NOED.

Anything that is actually broken does get changed (MoM for instance).

I agree with everything OP said here. The game is the most balanced its ever been. If people cant see that then they're just hella new and dont remember what it was like when the game came out and cant see all the changes that have been made to both sides.

My main gripe with the game at the moment is the ranking system.

• FryTheChicken
    FryTheChicken Member Posts: 12
  • RakimSockem

Ranking is awful right now, primarily for killers. I played 3 killer matches yesterday back to back against a full team of red rank survivors and I was at rank 10 killer.

Now fortunately, I just happen to be good at both sides so I still got a 2k in one game, a 3k in another, and there was one match where all of them got away. But I can imagine for someone who is actually rank 10, it'd be a mess

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I'm struggling to discern what is ranking issues and what is caused by the challenges.

I'm red rank killer and was playing a game last night (the 4 survivors were all different colour ranks). Without any gens completed they were bodyblocking first hooks and going down for it (while I still got the hooks because I was right there). They were hook bombing and the unhooked were rushing me. It was insane! Only one survivor tried to do gens. All I could think was the "protection hit" challenge but they left without saying.

I've also had games as red rank survivor where teammates would hide in lockers when the killer is chasing someone across the map. Its a huge benefit to the killer when survivors dont contribute to the match.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Agreed.

Rarely do I see posts of people giving suggestions to all the problems they complain about.

They would rather act out while holding the Us vs. Them mentality in an effort to somehow “prove” that there are more of them complaining.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I do think that the game has some serious balancing issues (mainly because of map design), but other than that I absolutely agree. I haven't been active here much recently, just because of all the overly dramatic and victimizing posts.