Slugged

Is there any reason why slugged survivors shouldn’t be able to interact with exit gates ? Why is it that the killer is allowed to stomp on hatch and leave people slugged ? I Feel as though one should never feel hopeless in these types of situations if the killer wants to leave you there you should be able to crawl away and pull yourself up to the lever to open the gates. No?

Comments

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

why should they be able to? the survivors objective is to escape. why does it need to be easier ?

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364

What you’re not understanding is that it allows killers to abuse people’s time. How is it asking for too much to be able to crawl your way to a lever and pull yourself up on it? I’m sorry that’s poor video game design to require a perk for that. Not everything needs a perk. You shouldn’t ever feel hopeless that’s what makes games fun. They only give you 4 perks and if literally everything needs a perk your game is broken. Killers get to have whatever they want to have fun catching people but we’re over here taking up perk slots Just to crawl our way out? Do we need a perk to breathe too? A perk to spawn in and play the game? Stop it. That should be a built in mechanic to the game.

• BulletsNonstop

If killers want to leave you there to stomp on the hatch and collect points that contribute to their 30K match total while survivors come out with half that then that’s just broken survivors have to just bleed out and wait for that. Slugging needs to be reworked so there’s a threat level there. Killers need more pressure than that.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Run no mither you'll never be slugged and if by some chance you do at least you're running perk that let you get up infinitely

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

Do you play killer at all "Killers get to have whatever they want to have fun catching people" yer sure thing killers can't just run what ever perks they feel like they have to run the right perks to be able to stand a chance at times, Survivors have a lot off 2nd chance perks that help them out during the match. On top off that if 3 survivors are killed the hatch spawns no matter how many gens are done but yet you want another way to be able to escape because you were unable to do all the gens or get to the hatch or gate before the killer found you.

Soon as they rework all the 2nd chances survivors have then sure they can rework slugging, if you failed at doing your objective as a survivor why should they keep giving you more ways to get out?

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

I've definitely played more survivor than killer. I don't agree that you should be able to open a exit gate slugged. But I do agree being slugged is boring. So boring that just as I have a choice to die on hook, I should have a choice to "bleed out" if I want. I shouldn't be forced to lie on the ground for several minutes. I hate those killers that continue to re-slug you over and over and/or those that slug the next to last guy sweating for the 4K. It's boring. It's a waste of my time. I don't mind "losing". I do mind wasting 5 minutes doing nothing.

• BulletsNonstop

Why would you guys disagree with that? Why should the killer just be allowed to leave you there

• BulletsNonstop

It just makes the game more fun for survivors like why bore people that way? Keep it interesting. Besides it’s not like killer can’t just go over to exit gates and easily beat the slugged survivor you aren’t even going that fast slugged 😂 it’s not that serious

• BulletsNonstop

I don’t mind losing either as long as it comes swift and not unnecessarily dragged on and on. I don’t think they’re sweating for 4K I think it’s too easy for killers. it shouldn’t be that’s what kinda aggravates me. And they rub it in your face by leaving you there. I wanna have fun to and actually survive but when you get whooped it can come too swiftly. Honestly I think winning comes in the form of bloodpoints not surviving or kills. It’s deflating seeing killers stacked on points at the end of a match but survivor categories feel very limited. I’ll be happy with my death when I see 20K + points every match. You guys think gens fly by too fast well I think they have to be because killers are just as capable of swift 4Ks

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

If it's not that serious then why are you asking for another chance to escape enjoy your time on the ground watch something while you bleed out, everything is getting nerfed to make it more fun for survivors, whats next your going to ask to start with the gates open you might want it to be fun for survivors but it also needs to be fun for killers why not let us mori survivors if they are below half health and bleeding out on the ground with out needing a offering that would be a fair trade.

Survivors can open gates and killers can mori if below half health if your happy for killers to do that then im all for letting survivors open the gates?

• CotJocky

The game is in a better state for Killers than it has ever been. Only those that played in the old days really know how survivor sided this game was. And I mostly play survivor. True infinites, vacuum pallets. exhaustion recovered while running, no window entity block, 4 second heals, insta-blind flashlights, instant gen repairs with BNP, and the list goes on.

I do agree that gen speed is too fast, especially on larger maps and with less mobile killers, but I do believe that killer is in its best state ever.

I also don't agree with giving survivors too many more advantages. I don't have a problem with shaking up meta just to keep it fresh since it seems we will never get different game modes, but giving survivor more advantages won't improve the game. Lobby queue's are horrible. We need to get more people to play killer. Making killer harder won't accomplish that. I'm willing to do some sort of trade to make killer better/easier if it will make lobbies quick again. And not pit low rank killers against mid to high rank survivors. That's not fair at all!

• BulletsNonstop

Really? I don’t see survivors having too many advantages at all. Perks on survivor side seem good but not overpowered at all. Mostly because their effectiveness depends on VERY specific situations to take place so it’s not something you can rely on all the time and most often have very few uses per match. insta blind flashlights 😂 people can’t be mad at that because it literally requires very specific survivor positioning to be effective. You’re lucky they can’t come up behind the killer and wack him with a baseball bat. Sometimes a little teamwork can be really asking for too much from the survivor side. Killer has the advantage of only relying on himself and there’s so many abilities. I don’t like games where I can get knocked out so fast and this feels like one of them because of all the unnecessary killer abilities like Mori, One hit knockdowns, hook camping, it’s just too much. There are ways to slow the game down and make it fun for both sides but I don’t agree with gen speed decreases until killer side gets stripped down a little. Because killers CAN be swift. Why shouldn’t gen speeds,

• BulletsNonstop

I don’t want to feel entitled to surviving but a lot of the time I feel like I wish I had a better chance at surviving. Many times I’ll be looping the killer and I’ll either be well on the other side of a vault or well ahead of the killer and somehow the killer smacks me into the ground in one blow or gets that second hit off

• BulletsNonstop

The lunge melee seems insane as hell. It’s hard to gain distance even with hugging the wall sometimes because of the ridiculously lengthy melee range of killers. Speed too. They have adequate abilities to catch you off guard and do gen Control with combo Perks like surveillance and Ruin. Demo Portals and Freddy can do it too. Killers just have a lot at their disposal. I really don’t think they could possibly need anything else. Like I don’t want to come in as a solo survivor and watch how easy it is for killers to lay out the entire team. Things can fall apart really fast even if your down to your last gen with all 4 survivors up. That tells you something. Like idk man sometimes chases don’t last long enough for reasons beyond my control.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Run Unbreakable or No Mither.

• BulletsNonstop

yeah I can see that being really useful. But eventually you’re gonna have to stop requiring perks for things that should be an automatically built in mechanic. I’m not asking for a health state. I’m asking for the ability to crawl to the exit gate lever and get myself out if he just LEAVES me there to bleed out. Give ppl a chance to escape if killers want to waste your time. Not with a perk. I’m

• BulletsNonstop

i Think it’s just melee range that really gets on my nerve for these killers. They’re already fast they don’t need to lunge at you from across the map 😂 if they want the ability to do that they need a perk for that. Just like survivors need a perk to spawn in and play. That’s actually two perks, sorry 🤔

• BulletsNonstop

Perk to breathe. Yep. Perk to walk, yep. Perk to run, yep. Perk to interact with objects, yep. Did I miss anything?

• BulletsNonstop
    edited February 2020

It’s like come on man 😂 like I said I don’t believe unbreakable should be required where basic game design should be incorporated. You don’t make exit gates inaccessible to people who don’t have a specific perk regardless of their state of health. I can very much believe someone who’s in a dying state hauling themselves up to the lever to pull down on it. If the killer wants to leave you there and stomp on a hatch then so be it I’m outta here. Killer can still defend exit gates so why not give people that chance? It’s still a thrill of trying to make it out 😂 it’s fun. Don’t even power the exit gates then just give me the suicide option.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Would you be aggree that if u get slugged you can stand up but you lose one of your hooks so if you were hooked one you get slugged and recovered you get sacrificed?

• Scootermarrrr
    Scootermarrrr Member Posts: 15

This is either very good bait or a completely incompetent player. Either way, not worth contributing to. Everyone has pretty much said what's been needed to say.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

do killers need perks to slow down the game? do killers need perks to counter flashlights ? these go both ways.and if you dont want the killer to "abuse " your time then dont go down .

• CotJocky

Not to sound like a d*ck, but if you "slug for the 4K", you need to "git gud" or be happy with a 3K. It's not the end of the world. I promise.