The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Add Chucky As a New Killer?

So, hear me out. I would love to see Chucky as a newly introduced killer. However, instead of his standard, iconic doll size I think they could make him life size; making him average height. That way he wouldn’t be too difficult to spot on maps and he could stay true to the iconic shoulder carry. They could also make their own spin on how he came to become a life-sized doll in his backstory. Cosmetic wise they could give him different styled overalls, shirts and shoes; different faces such as a damaged face and benign face. Maybe even different styles of apparel so it’s not limited to just his classic overalls. His arsenal could consist of knives, axes, hammers and other weapons of the like. 

Additionally, ideas for Chucky’s Perks and Power could be where there are multiple stationary dolls scattered across the map and he can transfer his soul into them. Once taking over a doll his previous body will cease moving, turning to a husk that he can later teleport to if he chooses to. The power will have a cool down that will refill over time. Moreover, Chucky could add a Red Stain and Heartbeat to one of the husks to “guard” a specific location; fooling survivors into thinking it’s actually him. He could also use these husks/dolls to block off paths— similar to Spirit when she Phasewalks.

Further, the Perks Chucky could wield can vary much like his power and character design. Chucky could have a Perk where he can trap a vault, generator, or pallet after hooking a survivor. Perhaps if they interact with said vault/generator/pallet they are injured or maybe just suffer from an effect such as blindness or exhausted or something to that effect.

Again, these are just ideas and suggestions on what he could bring to the table, nothing concrete. I would just really like to see Chucky in this game as I think he’d make a great addition as Killer. I’m confident they could make him a good killer. One that is fun to play as and fun to play against.

Comments

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

This is asked every few days. It won't happen.

• trouble2x
    trouble2x Member Posts: 32

Well, I think he could make a good addition to the roster as long as they did it right. Like I say, if they made him life-sized it could work a lot better, I think.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
  • DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

No.

Please devs... No Chucky; no Pinhead; no Jason; no Terminator; no....

• trouble2x

Well I don’t know what any of the other Killers have to do with anything. This post was revolves around Chucky, which I still think is an idea worth consideration

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I would love for Chucky, Pinhead or any other licensed killer to come to dbd.

• Fengmin200
    Fengmin200 Member Posts: 64

Add a ladder for the hook! 🙃

• 24Life
    24Life Member Posts: 81

OP, I thought your idea was well thought out. I don't personally care what killers are added, but to see these children's responses of "no, stop asking for it", "no, I don't want him or him or her" is ridiculous.

Keep coming up with interesting ideas and forget what these haters have to say. They have no respectable reasoning behind their opinions yet still think they are important. Sad to see.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

Chucky? Hell no

Chuck E Cheese? Nightmare fuel

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I'm probably just against it because I thought the whole premise of the movie was lame. I could see a kid being afraid of a doll that came to life, but any adult could just kick it across the room.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

I submitted this killer concept a while back, and It's a bit of a long read, but I Included a TL:DR version for everyone's convenience. It has a unique game-play mechanic, and addresses the Doll Sized killer problem with a simple but elegant solution. If the devs can't get the license for Chucky, then I believe this would be the best alternative that would allow for a Doll killer in the game. Please read it, and whether you like or hate it, I'd appreciate constructive criticism and feedback in post. It's also a shout out to any Doctor Who fans out there, as the Weeping Angels had a big influence on how I made their game-play mechanic.

• trouble2x

Well, I don’t let the other comments bother me. If someone disagrees then they disagree. However, I feel that they should explain their reasoning. To simply say that they don’t want something or someone is too narrow and vague if you ask me. Either way, much obliged good sir, I for one think that he’d make a good addition to the game and believe he has potential if they really got in depth with it. I love him as a Killer and the potential is what really makes me determined to make this a thing in the game because of the endless possibilities and angles they can take.

• trouble2x

I love your commitment and how in-depth you got with this. I also love how we think alike in so many ways, it’s awesome. I think if they did make this an actual thing in Dead By Daylight that it would have so much potential for fun and enjoyable gameplay. I like the idea of possessing dolls; much like mine I like the red stain and heartbeat as well. Either of our ideas would be a very creative addition to the game or even combining them together in a way. I also had a few ideas of my own concerning Chucky’s Perks and Mori.

Mori:

I think it would be neat if Chucky tosses his weapon to the Survivors hands and then they stare at him confused before Chucky then does a quick chant of his black magic and transfers his soul in theirs and stabs himself profusely before then transferring his souls back into his doll form.

Perks:

Wanna Play? -

Chucky has the ability to trap a vault or pallet location (limited) so that if the Survivor uses that location it’s at the expense of a penalty. That penalty being something along the lines of injuring said Survivor or perhaps something as simple as causing the Exhausted Status Effect to them. (Would be deadly to those who use Lithe, Dead Hard, etc.)

Leaving So Soon? -

Unlocks potential in one’s aura reading ability. When the last generator is activated it grants the ability to see the auras of the Exit Gates except the Door Completion can be determined by the intensity of their auras. Additionally, similar to Surveillance or Discordance if a survivor is currently on the Gate Switch it highlights in yellow.

Voodoo -

Totems, both Dull and Hexed are now faced with Skill Checks and if failed it sends off the classic sound cue notification to the Killer while also regressing the progress of the Cleanse. If the Cleanse action is cancelled before 100% it makes like any other Totem and resets its meter.

OR

Anytime a Survivor is Cleansing a Totem of any kind, whether it be Dull or Hexed the Survivor cleansing the Totem will have their aura revealed to the killer for so many seconds or for as long as they are cleansing. If the survivor happens to fully cleanse a Totem then their aura is revealed for so many seconds before finally wearing off. It could also have a cool down as well.

As for Chucky’s Power name, I think Heart of Damballa suits it nicely.

I think this has potential to become something fun and an interesting angle on DBD. They could really take this somewhere if they wanted to and I strongly believe they should. I hope that they at least consider it as it would be an interesting take on the game and an angle that could provide a new gaming experience— one that is both fun and exciting. I’m with you though. I don’t care about money or titles or anything of the like. A shoutout might be nice, but I’m not too excessively worried about it though. Just some ideas and suggestions that I hope they’ll address and take to light.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

I like these perk ideas, but there are a few faults with them. Voodoo would have to get a name change, because BHVR has stated many times that they will not base any killer, perks, or game-play mechanics off of any existing or practiced religions. It's a simple change, something that sets it apart like "the Old magics" or "Supernatural Protection" really just anything that will set it apart from Voodoo, otherwise they would never even consider it. Other than that Its a good perk that either makes totem cleansing harder, or informs the killer when a survivor is cleansing a totem, which would pair insanely well with any other hex perks.

Killers already see the aura of exit gates, but being able to see their progress based on the intensity of the aura would be a substantial advantage, so While "Leaving so soon?" would have a decent effect and place in a killers loadout, like all endgame perk its would feel a bit too situational. There's nothing wrong with having situational perks, but people tend to shy away from them unless they are more universally useful.

Wanna Play would be excellent, but I don't see it being useful against pallets unless Chucky can also vault them, as that would probably be how he activates the perk.

We definitely both think alike when it comes to the idea of possessing multiple dolls as a power, which is why I thought you'd like my concept, and I'm thrilled that you did, and thank you for your kind comments. I don't know if BHVR can get the license for Chucky, which is why I made the concept in the first place while hoping a Dev was paying attention... sigh, here's hoping they do, and if they don't use it verbatim, they'll at least come up with a version of their own that works well. I'm getting tired of their recent killer concepts being seen as Hybrids of already existing killers (Ghost face being a hybrid of Pig & Shape, Deathslinger being one of Huntress and Legion, Oni being a lesser billy, etc), and although people would no doubt refer to my concept as a variation of the Hag (teleporting around to preset traps/dolls), I would hope that it's overall game-play mechanics would be unique enough to set itself apart from that stigmatization.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

@trouble2x that is actually a really good idea. Especially when you actually look at the films and know that the whole premise of the film is the killer possess the doll knowing he is dying, to then seek to possess a new livinb body in the form of the child, whom is the main character. If DBD made lore explaining that the entity lured Chucky into this realm under the promise of gaining a human body in exchange for serving them - the new human body happening to resemble the doll's form but human size and alive - then i'd be fully onboard with it.

• trouble2x

After further analyzation I see your point. Voodoo could be perceived the wrong way, so a simple name change wouldn’t be a problem at all. It’s a rational request. I agree, I like the names you came up with. Either one of those or something like Cursed Cleanse or Black Magic or Watchful Eye I think those sound fitting as well, bust as I say I also like you names too. And as you stated it would pair up well with other Totem/Hex Perks. Also, I realize how “Leaving So Soon?” would be more of and End Game Perk and am content with that. I think if used right it could prove very strong and very effective. Especially if paired with certain Perks. Imagine pairing it with something such as Blood Warden or Remember Me. That’s when thinking outside the box can really pay off. “Wanna Play?” I can see how the pallet angle could be a dilemma if he isn’t able to vault them like Legion. However, I think there could be something they could come up with, but if not I think vaults would suffice just fine. Either way, whatever they decided to do I think they could come up with a revolutionized idea for DBD. It’s not that I don’t like the other Killers, but I can’t disagree as far as some of them are hybrid versions of others and it does slightly feel repetitive from time to time. I firmly believe this would be a nice twist to add to their world. Here’s hoping they’re paying attention to either of us or both of us. Whatever they decided to do whether it be your idea, mine or their own I think they have potential to make something new and renowned. I personally like Chucky just because he is iconic and I did grow up with that. I do love your idea(s) too, however and would not be disappointed if they were to use them. I think we both have good, credible, worthy ideas that are deserving of consideration at the very least, but again, that’s just me. I really hope to see something transpire out of this.

• trouble2x

I’m glad you agree and that’s the idea— trying to incorporate parts of the film into the game. Like I’ve said, I think they could really go somewhere with this or ideas similar at least. It would definitely be a new take on the game for sure and a new way to play/counter; which makes it more fun that way in my personal opinion. Your ideas on his back story or ingenious, might I say. The fact that he works for The Entity to accomplish his goal of inhabiting a human host is clever. Plus, like I said with the Killer Perks, both mine and @TWiXT, both are very innovative and revolutionary. Something new that still helps in gameplay, but still balanced so it’s neither overpowered or underpowered. I personally like both of our ideas and think that they could skyrocket if given the chance. I’m glad you like the idea(s) and support them. We can only hope for the right person to view it at just the right time. Hopefully that time will come. Again, the Lore, backstory, Perks, Powers and potential behind it all are definitely something that can prove to be memorable and Iconic themselves if given the chance. I hope it’s taken into consideration. Like I said, I don’t rightly care so much about money or titles or anything. A simple shoutout would be epic, but even that isn’t a must/dealbreaker. To simply see that it was used at all is good enough for me.

• trouble2x

Lol, Chuck E Cheese, if you want nightmare fuel I say Freddy Fazbear from Five Nights at Freddy’s

• trouble2x

I am pleased to hear that you agree. I’m hoping so too. Hopefully we have something like this in our future. For now though we wait and see, but I’m hoping for a response of some kind as I can see this having much potential.