Survivors vs killers. Who is the most noticeably toxic?

So, I've noticed lately that killers who are "toxic" get flamed more than survivors. If I camp, equip noed, Mori, slug or camp as killer, which goes against the survivor rule book, in the post game chat I'm prepared to see some real 💩. Survivor will write things such "toxic killer", "baby killer", "noob", "waste of an offering" and such.

BUT

If I play survivor and teabag, flashlight click, flashlight save, genrush or infinite a killer, guess what will happen in the endgame chat....NOTHING.

Why? Because if the killer is toxic, then 4 survivors will tear him down. But if a survivor is toxic then....what can they killer do? He is one. This is literally bullying with extra steps xd

So, for you who is the most "toxic"? Let me know below.

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

both, its really sad honestly, it just keeps feeding eachother.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Survivor. I'd say both sides are equally toxic, but it's far more pronounced as survivor, since it's four people at once.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Killers at lower ranks, especially with the easy Wraith face-camp, with only smurfs knowing how to beat that style of play.

Survivors at higher ranks because they know how to utilize certain loops, items and perk combinations. As well as how to abuse certain mechanics like Borrowed Time and 99'd exit gates.

That's not to say that there's not toxic people in those scenarios on the other sides, but it's more of I find more cases within these sort of areas.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

Players are toxic. A toxic survivor goes on to be a toxic killer and vice versa. The community is already split in half, why rehash an old topic of discussion in a community where you already know the answer?

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited February 2020

The question is - why does it matter? Kind of a silly thing to want to know.

Why not ask who says "gg" more often when they lose? Kinda more positive, don't you think?

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Survivors, I rarely get a facecamping or teabagging killer, but each time I ######### up survivors most of the time will be there to teabag and spam vaults.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

From my experience, it's Killers. But can't deny the community in general is just awful.

Pointless thread though imo, i can see this turning into a Survivor vs Killer main debate, as if we dont have enough of that bs.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,310

Pretty much what I came to post.

And besides it's to some extent a pointless question to begin with as people define "toxic" in wildly different ways. Some people think even pointing or nodding once is toxic, some people think camping even at endgame or daring to use a strong map tile is toxic, and the very next post could be someone that thinks only explicitly rulebreaking postgame harassment is toxic and everything else is fine.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Depends.

Chatwise: Survivor

Gameplay wise: mix of both... Usually more killers will act toxic in game than survivors though. (I play on PS4)

• SnackPac
    SnackPac Member Posts: 11

Survivors obviously.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

There's no such thing as toxic survivors/killers - just toxic players. People that try to get under your skin will do their best to ruin your gaming experience regardless of whether they click on "play as survivor" or "play as killer".

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

Survivors by far the most toxic. I'm 50/50 and almost always see tbagging and flashlight clicking and pointing. Like seriously I'll happily lead the killer to the toxic ones on my team in exchange for the hatch. The only time I really see a toxic killer is almost always Ghostface because some 12 year old little fucktard thinks it's cute to down and/or hook and then proceed to tbag for like a full minute.

• Yamaoka

If you literally work with the killer to kill another survivor (which is a bannable offense) then you're no better than a "tbagger/flashlight clicker"

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

Or simple solution...dont be toxic in the first place. Karma is a real #########.

• Yamaoka

Again: Working with the killer to kill another survivor is a bannable offense. You can not justify it based on something you consider toxic. Besides some killers don't even care about flashlight clicking or tbagging.

• vigthepig
    vigthepig Member Posts: 44

To try and stay positive i will say Killers have a fairly common practice of mercy games.

When a match is just a squash Killers might suddenly give the last two survivors a chance to recoup, not out of survivor rules or obligation but out of personal choice.

Like anything in the game you are just as likely to get a ruthless 4k killer but even as the environment gets less friendly for Killers you still see mercy games here and there.

On these grounds that Killers will make an effort to give to survivors and make fun for both sides, less on their side.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
  • FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

Both sides are toxic. I think Survivors are more likely to be toxic, and I think they're more easily toxic, but ultimately both sides are pretty toxic.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Survivor...

Survivor is the easier role because the amount of second chances they can equip and the easy as ######### objective. So it makes it alot easier to be toxic. Although killers can also equip insta-down perks, Ebony mori and BM the survivors.

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 552

Survivors are way more toxic

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Survivors definitely. They RELISH making killers (especially killers they KNOW are not their level) miserable. The worst a killer can do, ultimately, is kill you.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

Sadly people have less accountability for this but you have to take it this way.

There are FOUR survivors and only ONE killer. So, naturally you will see survivors being more toxic because simply there's more of them in a match.

The people above my comment should rethink their answer if they take into account a 4:1 Ratio

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

There ARE more survivors so therefore survivors can be 4x as toxic as killers. You can’t combine survivor toxicity together and suggest that they’re less toxic than killers - that’s not how it works! That is some backass logic there.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Survivors. Especialy when they are SWF. Loops are the hell

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306

Both sides a toxic, but sorry, if killer facecamping he probably from Poland. This is from mine experience.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH

I did a joke about your name in the past and I'll do it again.

I put hag c tier xd

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

I'm not getting at Killers being the most toxic at all.

What I'm getting at is that there are 4... as I said before. This question isn't very good because it's painting one side as evil when the true answer is that there are just toxic players who play this game... both sides.

Typically the Survivors have more options in terms of demonstrating toxicness so It wouldnt be surprising to find a killer main who just wants to be toxic for the night and just chooses to play survivor for it.

See what I mean? There's just no real answer to this question. There are toxic players in DBD, period . It's not one side or the other

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH

Honestly, for me survivors are evil. Just played a game against a spirit who patrolled a gen over and over because she knew 2 survivors were there. I was the only one to survive because I did 2.7 gens, barely survived tbh, and what do I see in the post game chat? "Noob rank 17 killer that camps gens, go #########" ect. Stoopid af. I told the killer not to give a shot about them and that they did a great job and moved on.

Side note, I gave a survivor my green flashlight and haven't seen it since then. Don't gift kids.

And they got rancor morid, so for me it's karma xd

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Survivors are more toxic, in my opinion, but there are more of them, so it's to be expected.

• claudetteispeng
    claudetteispeng Member Posts: 31

Survivors are easily the most toxic I try not to get mad a killers for camping and tunneling but I do I must admit but at least I don't go out of my way to tell the killer how to play. When I play killer I normally slug, survivors tell me I suck at the game. Once I tried being a meme by facecamping. I got many messages of Toxic survivors ig you could say it was a social experiment.

Rules for survivors: Ban any killer that kills you or doesn't let you escape if you 4% off the hook. Etc

Rules for killers: Listen to the survivors. Agree that you're bad don't tunnel don't camp don't slug etc basically lose.

I feel like this is segregation. However you shouldn't automatically assume all survivors are toxic and all killers are innocent. I have met a lot of toxic killers and very kind survivors that even offer help to train me.

Ig both are equally as Toxic.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Survivors. I say that as a survivor main but its true.