Freddy
End Game

Make them happen or i shall burn the bodies of dwight and meg :angry:

Post edited by Shadow_Dragon on

Comments

• Hodderfodder
    Hodderfodder Member Posts: 164
    edited August 2018

There doesn't look to be any dedicated thread to the Q&A reaction, so I'll just dump my thoughts in here.

1. On the Three pillars (Slower healing, more rewarding sabo, faster recovery from dying):

I actually disagree with the third pillar's necessity. You argue that with Sabo being easier, it will bring back slugging. When slugging was an issue, survivors didn't have options, but now they have three perks to combat slugging: Unbreakable, Tenacity, and No Mither. By increasing recovery speed, that buffs all three survivor perks. Meanwhile killers only have one: Knock Out, which SWF renders moot.

I don't think the offered Saboteur perk is really giving that much. It takes 3 minutes for a hook/trap to recharge; adding 30 seconds to that isn't going to make a real difference. I feel like the 3 minutes is already a huge penalty. How about an effect like Technician, where a failed check has a 50% chance of not alerting a notification, and successfully saboing the hook does not create a noise notification.

1. Freddy

I really like the idea of him building his power as he puts people asleep, and being able to see the non-sleeping targets. However, if the point is that his power grows as he puts survivors asleep, it wouldn't make much sense to wake them up when they get hooked; that means that in order to do his job (sacrificing survivors), he's opting to lose power. That and, by Freddy's lore, things he does to you in the dream shouldn't wake you up.

1. End game.

It was mentioned one idea was that, when all the gens are powered, the killer can see all the survivors' auras. My issue with that is Bitter Murmur. Why take the perk, which lets you see auras around a gen when it's completed, and all auras when the gens are powered for just a couple of seconds, when you're getting a whole MINUTE for free? Perhaps, instead of showing auras, you show locations--like the new Rancor perk. (Of course, that screws Rancor then. Dangit.)

I have a suggestion that might mess with maps, but how about this: the gates are not visible during the match. When the generators are totally powered, one gate is shown. At the 20 second mark, the first gate is able to be powered. At 40 seconds the second gate is shown. At the 1 minute mark, the second gate can be powered. So this gives survivors a choice: run to A gate, or wait around for the second, while the killer prowls around.

Post edited by Hodderfodder on
  • marth88gaming
    marth88gaming Member Posts: 20

I love some of the Theory Crafting about end game, the one thing you guys need to keep in mind that if you want the end to be about the chase and escape. You need to make sure hatch standoffs do not happen. If survivor and killer gets to hatch at same time that stalemate is very very dull. I do love the idea of needing to escape the killer. Would make it more tense and a lot more fun in the end for both sides

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Same here so I would like to voice my input

Increase healing time is nice, Identity V also have this, without nerfing Self-care, the reset progression on move is a joke, I am glad you guys scrapped that out, survivors would be literally unplayable if that ever kicks in

Sabo changes are good, increase hook timer to spawn, and buffing Sabo

Please, buff Vigil, I don't feel much about the long-lasting effect, why not just buff it to 35% faster instead of 20%? 20% is too low especially after the exhaustion perk, this perk needs to get buff

Can't wait for the changes to Totems placement

Pig addons are fixed, thank god, but still, imo they need a buff, same with Pig, her best add-ons are the lunge CD, lower CD of crouch, (which both common / uncommon)

Can' t wait for Freddy's rework, but also don't forget about Pig and Leatherface

Chainsaw fix through pellet fixed, thank god, that happened so many times it's so dumb, glad its fixed

Pellet vacuum fixed, nice, as seen on the PTB

1vs1 vs last survivor sounds nice btw, using Whisper to find the last survivor is too much and if you are not using Whisper it takes too long

Instead of snaring survivors who refuse to leave, I would like to opportunity to ask for Surrender option for both Killers and Survivors, just to end the game quicker, rather than wasting time trying to find the last person who is trolling/ refusing to leave/ at exit gates t-bagging or when everyone is down on the floor, no unbreakable, waiting for the killer to hook u and all teammates

just make sure survivors can only surrender when everyone is downed on the floor/ hooked

and make sure that killers can only surrender when exit gates are powered

• ryosan
    ryosan Member Posts: 9

Direct feedback for the Pillar Of Funerness. It's exactly that and I like how you're approaching these unfun issues.

Attacking hooks is fun and a generator distraction. Attacking the Killer and their deployables/totems can also be a fun generator distraction.

Slugging is not fun for Survivors. It doesn't matter how the Killer stands on this because not being able to play sucks.

The healing change doesn't seem as fun for Survivors, but shaking up perk meta and maybe getting more people to tey and heal each other would be great.

Speaking on healing change, I liked the proposed idea. How about if the amount that decayed had percentages it couldnt drop below. Say, 25, 50, and or 75% I imagine it decaying slower than Billys chainsaw gage.

I made a post about Vigil, but my idea was basically making it allow you to gain exhaustion back while running. You would need two perks to get old SB, DH, etc back.

Lastly, I'm really happy with how that Freddy change is starting to sound. Very cool, keep working on it.