Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Is AFKing against a hacker as killer bannable?

Options
CornHub
CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Came across a speed hacker 30 seconds into the game, and I didn't want to frustrate myself so I left to go do something else. Two of the other survivors said they were gonna report me and said it didn't matter if there was a hacker I should have still played the game. But like I said it would be more frustrating than fun as I've played against hackers before.

Answers

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Shouldn't be

And no one would blame you for not wanting to play, but not DCing cause of penalties.

• mrdead
    mrdead Member Posts: 51
    Options

You have to get reported like a LOT to get banned if even than.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

This isn't true, they ban based on the severity of the offence and whether or not they have evidence. Someone could get banned after a single report if that report was valid and backed up by sufficient evidence.

In OP's case, though, I don't believe they will be banned for going AFK for a single game, although obviously it's not to be encouraged in general.

• mrdead
    mrdead Member Posts: 51
    Options

Ok yeah see I WAS talking about this guys case. Because that's what we're talking about.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Your comment was ambiguous, so I was clarifying for the sake of anyone reading who might be confused by it.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@CornHub

No, afking once or twice in-game isn't really going to do much of anything.

If you do it constantly, than you could run the risk of being reported. This doesn't mean you should go out and AFK against every problem, but being reported for it after doing it like once isn't a BIG risk, so you should be fine. The Game Rules on the forums also don't say anywhere that AFKing is a reportable or bannable offence, but the in-game report still does for Unsportsmanlike conduct I believe, so it's a bit confusing when you look at it from that stand-point.

All in all, just don't do it again and you'll be fine, if you do because you're busy irl or something than it can't be helped of course, just don't make it a habit.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

I don't think anyone can get banned?

• FireHazard
    Options

It's reportable as far as the In-Game reports say, but the Game Rules say nothing about it being bannable so... it doesn't seem to be the case yeah, but you could still run the risk of being reported if you do it a lot.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Say they did report the guy playing killer, wouldn't that run the chance of also exposing the hacker, assuming they, at bare minimum, look at the game chat which sounds like it mentioned them? I say let them do it in that case.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020
    Options

I don't think that's how it works, since the report itself doesn't really let BHVR know that they were hacking in the first place, unless the anti-cheat picks it up and notifies them.