Can't even hook someone before 1st gen

Angelicus23
Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

It's literally happening to every single match I do, and as trapper or hag, sometimes 2 because of the setting time. How is this possible?? And is it happening just to me??

Comments

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

It's possible because while you chase 1 survivor, three more are doing generators.

Generators take 80 seconds solo.

With Hag or Trapper you're easily taking 30 seconds or so to setup some preliminary traps, another 20 seconds to find someone, and let's say you are a god among loop deniers and you down them for two hits in 20 seconds, and it takes 10 for you to carry them to a hook. In that time, 80 seconds have passed that all three other survivors know someone else is being chased, so they have been holding M1 the whole time.

Boom, at least 1-2 generators done while you were doing one chase.

As trapper or hag you should zone into the game already thinking about a 3-4 generator strat, you will simply not be able to pressure the whole map. You also should consider slugging to slow down the game, slugging means one survivor on the ground so at least one survivor has to go heal them, if you're chasing a third that only leaves one for generators. To win as a killer right now you either need to slug, or get multiple down consecutively with something like infectious fright.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Unfortunately it's quite common now as the Devs completely eradicated any early game advantage for killer.

Survivors still spawn next to their objective and mindlessly hold M1.

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Member Posts: 58

Corrupt Intervention is a must on Trapper and Hag. It will buy you a little more time to set up your traps, not much, but every second counts when survivors are left unchallenged. Also, try not to set traps across the entire map. Instead, try covering a smaller area with at least three gens and defending it.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,906

You'd love some of the lobbies I do end up in. Team mates who are allergect to doing gens.

• Trollthem
    Trollthem Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2020

Wow another post from someone who understand what"s going on , but yet no devs around to say " Oh you're right we fked up we should fix this , and slowdown gens progression " I'm so scared for this game because Players understand this game more than the devs do.

Please people under rank 12 don't comment , if you cant do gens fast enough its just that you need to improve a lot and play more .

You should be able as a killer to prepare your game and down/hook a survivor before 1 or 2 gens Pop

To be honest i've already had a few games where i was chasing someone it was really not a long chase and because the 3 other survivors were on a solo gens each they popped 3 gens when i hooked only the first survivor , just to say how BS the gameplay is .

PS: DONT change the gen rush with PERKS we want true CHANGES in the goddamn GAMEPLAY

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    edited March 2020

I dont care as trapper for the first 2, maybe 3 gens. I will kill them all in the end. Cause thats when the trapper shines.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Only 1 gen before first hook? When I get chased I expect at least 3 gens to pop.