The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is iron will healthy for the game in its current state?

Seltas0208
Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

With all the sound issues at the moment.... Is it healthy? Was that survivor you were chasing using the perk or was the sound just bugged again?

I've no idea how you'd change it so that you can tell when your being iron willed or if its a sound bug. Maybe have it be a sort of channeled thing where you have to crouch or stand still or some time to get the sound muffling in addition to leaving no scratch marks or something for a certain amount of time. Idk

Perks fine on its own, it just makes it hard to know if the sound is bugged, that's why I'm asking is it healthy

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Probably not, but its low priority, DS not working on madness 3??? ADDRESS THAT IMMIDIATLY!!!

Not that that indicates a large amount of complaints about it indicating DS is seemingly pretty populair but not like that crazy Ruin at 80%...no nerf needed there at all, no no no, it can stay, now lets adress the one thing Killers could actually use to counter it as it was a bug!

Like the sound bug.....yeah ok but that only affects like 1/5th of our playerbase, heck with the amount left probably even less then that... who cares, low priority.

/EndRant

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Here's the issue, you, yourself, acknowledge that DS was only broken at Madness 3, which only happens with one killer, very specific reasons for the perk not to work, very easy to determine the issue.

And then you go on to say how a sound issue only affects 1/5th of the players, so less reports on it, it also affects all killers, across all maps, across all perks... seems a little harder to figure out, no?

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    1. Realize its a joke.
    2. No clue what you are trying to say...
  • TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

Iron Will doesn't need changing. It's fine how it is. Is the bug annoying as a killer? Yeah, as people are essentially getting a 5th perk if they're not running it. But we just have to wait for a fix. My friend has had a few matches recently where he'll hit DS and it won't release him, or he can't see the skill check at all and it's not just when he's against the Doctor. Bugs are annoying, but they will get fixed.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

what sound issues ?

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

Some survivors are getting a bug where after being unhooked they aren't making any grunts of pain. It's happened to me a few times when I'm not using Iron Will. So in those matches I essentially had 5 perks.

• Adeloo
  • ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

It's not. It's a sound bug and it's been in the game for who knows how long now. Sounds have been "questionable" for nearly a year now, and they're getting worse. Babysitter only removes scratch marks for a few seconds when you get rescued from a hook. Off The Record is a new Zarina perk that'll give you 60s of iron will and distortion when you've been rescued from the hook though.

...btw if you're a bait/troll account then I applaud you because this is twice that you've posted some suspicious comments and I'm starting to have my doubts...

• Adeloo

oh yeah i mistook Babysitter with the upcoming perk XD sorry ^^

as for being a troll/bait account, i'm not, i'm a fanart artist of this community. as for troll posts i don't actually see which one are those.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

Yeah it's fine.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Who cares,if you couldnt find the survivors, if he had iron will or not?

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

It's not really an issue and a solid counter to the Spirit. I do not mind the Perk.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

Yeah it's fine. No reason to nerf it just because sound is inconsistent.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

It's fine

• Anki
    Anki Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2020

That is not how babysitter works. The unhooked leaves no trails of blood, it's the bug that causes that unless you are using Iron will

EDIT: oops seems like someone already answered

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

They haven't fixed sounds in months and they are unlikely to be fixed within the year. Especially thanks to their supernatural ability to break sounds every patch. An aspect of the game which is arguably the most important for killer players... since Iron Will is a survivor perk that is working fine for the most part it's about as likely to be changed as sounds are to be fixed for killer players.

Not at all likely.

Maybe millions of dollars and several months of time is still not enough to fix the most important aspects of the game that have been broken the longest.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Sound issues and Iron Will have nothing to do with one another. Questioning if a survivor is running a perk or not is not the fault of the perk.