Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anyone else refuse to go to red ranks?

xCarrie
xCarrie Member Posts: 982

I just don’t want to deal with the wait times. especially being on console? ouch. to some it seems like a dick move to stay in a rank you’re not supposed to be in but the wait time for survivor is awful and killer is nothing but toolboxes and SWF. I know rank doesn’t matter (especially now) but the higher you go in ranks the longer the wait time. with the new rank reset too it’s literally impossible to get out of red ranks unless you don’t play for months so i’ll typically stay purple to green ranks even though I should be in red.

Does anyone else do this? Is it wrong to purposely stay in a lower rank?

Comments

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

Killer is nothing but toolboxes and swf but they still lose pretty much every game. Play killer. Survivor is too long to be bothered plus you get bad teammates too often.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I've done it for years. Doing Archive challenges pushes me waaaay higher than I like to be.

Can I do red ranks? Sure, but uh, why.

Used to be pre-archives I'd just play killer and survivor til they hit rank 6 then put the game down until the 13th lol. Now I just put it down between rift runs. (By the way, something that says HEY RIFT X TOME X IS RELEASING ON X DAY would be swell).

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I stay in red ranks.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Doesn't matter how I play, I always end up in red ranks and never end up leaving even if I have a string of terrible matches on both side.

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

I'd rather stay in red rank as survivors (cause you know how bad teammates are at low rank), and if I want to have fun as killer, I'd like not to be at red rank

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Cheeki_Beaky_Bird Member Posts: 148

I mean, I'm stuck in Green ranks for killer but go against 2 or 3 reds in of my games anyways :D FUN MATCHMAKING THANKS BHVR.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited March 2020

I used to be very competitive as a killer, and relished holding rank 1 each season, and dropping back down to rank 10 during the resets, but these days I don't play as much as I used to. Because I play more casually than before, I actually don't like being in red ranks anymore since they are just frustrating for any non-competitive player, and so when I inevitably do achieve red rank, I purposely de-rank to something more comfortable. I don't flat out stop playing for months of course, since that doesn't really do any good, and you can achieve the red ranks again within a casual week of playing, but I also don't just let the survivors win, go afk, or DC, since there is a much simpler and fun way to de-rank while still being in the spirit if the game: Ebony Mori's.

I have a ton of these mean little red/pink skull offerings in all of my killers inventories because, unless I'm using them for the purpose of de-ranking, there's literally no incentive to use them at all. Killing a survivor after their first hook means that you end up losing major Devout, Malicious, and Chaser points, and so for competitive players, this means that you lose out on the points necessary to gain a PiP. This is doubly important for when you reach red ranks, wherein gaining PiPs requires 9 or more points towards your emblems. If you're just killing survivors after their first hook however, you can't even earn 8 points, and this is also enhanced by using a killer with instant down abilities/add-ons/perks etc, since ending a chase too quickly lowers your Chaser point scoring as well.

Bonus: You also still earn decent Bloodpoints as well, so there's not really any downsides to playing this way.

Double Bonus: If 1 or more survivors DC, or kill themselves of first hook because they hate your build and the Mori, that also earns you an "Entity Displeased" score.

So, to sum this all up: If you reach the red ranks and don't want to stay there, simply gear up your killer with Instant downs + Ebony Mori's, and watch your rank plummet while you have some very fast and exciting games.

"Mori's: The fun way to de-rank!"

*This message brought to you by the "Mori's Offer Fun Opposition to Survivors" foundation.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Before last rank reset, I pushed to make red ranks, simply to honestly say I've been a red ranked killer. Now, I'm not worrying about it. Too much sweat to get there, and maintain it. Still wish matchmaking didn't keep putting me up against red ranks, though. . .

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I like a challenge and green ranks dont tend to give me one, red ranks are way better with a few exceptions like potatoes that shouldnt even be there.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Really doesn't matter nowadays.

I find the time of day has the largest influence on difficulty.

Prime time is easy time for killer but frustrating as survivor.

Like 4am is sweaty asf to play killer since all the more casual players are asleep and primarily the only people with 1k+ hrs who know where every pallet is are playing.

I found it was always the same in fighting games too. Could boost rank in primetime.

• Shirokuro
    Shirokuro Member Posts: 182

As a survivor, I tend to reach red ranks eventually, no matter what I do. I don't mind the queue times but I really feel like I don't belong there.

Ranking up is too easy, and every time I reach the red ranks, I start to have horrible matches with no chance of escaping. I almost always safety pip in these matches as well so I'll keep getting unenjoyable matches until the next rank reset. Then I'm back at the start of this loop.

• citron
    citron Member Posts: 78

there is so few killers playing now 10-15-20s killers get matched with rank 1-4 survivors all the time.

• Gand4lf
    Gand4lf Member Posts: 13

No one should would you want to be on the top ranks. There's NO REWARD AT ALL, only the achievements.

No cosmetics for being up there, no BP % increase. Only tryhards with meta builds (BBQ, Nurse, PGTW, Enduring / Ruin / NOED), (DH / SB / BL, Adrenaline, BT, DS).

So no. Reaching rank 10?

Depiping by suicide on first hook.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

Red ranks and green ranks, what's the difference? You're gonna end up with red rank survivors anyway.

Personally i aready don't care at this point

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

I can't even imagine how many games I'd have to throw to stay out of red ranks. That would be like every game. Seems boring as hell and I'd rather quit than do that every month. No point in playing a game where I have to hold myself back. I'd just play something else.

• BubbaSawyerMeats
    BubbaSawyerMeats Member Posts: 108

you face red rank survivors at every rank, but as a red rank killer you start going against rank 1 SWF groups that have deconstructed the game to a perfect science. then it becomes almost impossible to win as most of the killers. you pretty much have to play as nurse, freddy or spirit on console.

• Big_Trash_Panda
    Big_Trash_Panda Member Posts: 72

It's amazing how much "de rank" or at least not ranking up as fast you can achieve say for instance you have the 4k but let the last guy have hatch, and the odd d/c cause you missed the ######### "hidden" key, or how maybe every now and then I start a game as killer, tab out, get distracted and looks like i was afk for the whole game. (whoops I'm so forgetful)

Now granted how much effect does it really have ? not as much as you think as a killer, cause of the lack of killers the red ranks survivors will just get their search expanded and once again get a game with a green/purple rank killer who is at that rank who is there but isn't deliberately self sabotaging.

But I'm certainly in no rush to get to being an "actual" red rank killer anytime soon.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I hit r1 for the achievement and said never again. Although mm is so f'ed up i get red ranks at any rank now. When i was red rank all my matches were with red survivor. I dont want to bring the meta every game. If i feel i have to play a certain way to succeed im no longer having fun and i play something else.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

I'm here and I hate it. It's annoying asf. No one has fun anymore.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I've been at rank 1 for the first time for around 2 weeks, today I've been going in games to meme and depip. Just wanna be back in the purple ranks which I took for granted. It's surprising how many rank 1 killers face camp, more than higher ranks for sure. First and last time being in the red ranks as survivor LMAO.