Give Legacy To Players Who Bought Non-licensed DLC

2»

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@Hexyl said:
    Legacy should stay only for those who had to deal with the bloodwebs i get it looks awesome now on the ptb and people want it and have for a long time the harsh reality is not everyone can have everything they want and thats fine in my opinion legacy was earned by those who had to suffer through super bad times with bloodwebs so they earned it as someone who does not have legacy tbh id be super mad if they did legacy again which they said they wont.

As far as exclusives go its possible but at the same time its probably not gonna happen what are they gonna do for the killers who cant get skins at the moment? see the underlying issue there

Now as for AC i think that right there is pretty nuts to give out free they wouldnt make any money because people would just run and buy the dlc's quick so they can get the cosmetics they want for free its a terrible move in terms of making money.

The only thing i can say is we got to play them before anyone else i guess thats just what we get we were able to play them first hand some people are not as fortunate in terms of financial abilities to buy things at the moment and for them this change is super good they dont have to worry about money they can play and earn the dlc.

Also the reason i would be mad if they did legacy again is because i didnt earn it just would not feel right it would feel like behavior would be spitting in the face of those who actually put the work in to get legacy now in your case it sucks if you have a old save file maybe they could do something for you but other than that i dont know what else could be done there.

All I have of proof is my achievement prior to that date and one screenshot of me wearing my P3 headpiece on Meg. That's about it.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

@weirdkid5 said:

@Hexyl said:
    Legacy should stay only for those who had to deal with the bloodwebs i get it looks awesome now on the ptb and people want it and have for a long time the harsh reality is not everyone can have everything they want and thats fine in my opinion legacy was earned by those who had to suffer through super bad times with bloodwebs so they earned it as someone who does not have legacy tbh id be super mad if they did legacy again which they said they wont.

As far as exclusives go its possible but at the same time its probably not gonna happen what are they gonna do for the killers who cant get skins at the moment? see the underlying issue there

Now as for AC i think that right there is pretty nuts to give out free they wouldnt make any money because people would just run and buy the dlc's quick so they can get the cosmetics they want for free its a terrible move in terms of making money.

The only thing i can say is we got to play them before anyone else i guess thats just what we get we were able to play them first hand some people are not as fortunate in terms of financial abilities to buy things at the moment and for them this change is super good they dont have to worry about money they can play and earn the dlc.

Also the reason i would be mad if they did legacy again is because i didnt earn it just would not feel right it would feel like behavior would be spitting in the face of those who actually put the work in to get legacy now in your case it sucks if you have a old save file maybe they could do something for you but other than that i dont know what else could be done there.

All I have of proof is my achievement prior to that date and one screenshot of me wearing my P3 headpiece on Meg. That's about it.

That sucks im sorry that happened to you i know if you have a save file they usually can do something atleast thats what ive heard.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:
    I'm gonna have to say no. They said it would never come back, and I would prefer they stick with what they said.

Going back on it just sets a bad precedent and makes me wonder if I can trust their word again.

I would be cool with them sticking to their word if so many people didn't hack Legacy and if their own ineptitude didn't cause hundreds of people to lose their earned Legacy. They gave it back to 72hrs.

Why not everyone else that lost it? Seems unreasonable to me.

streamer benefits, its a sad chapter

Of course. Streamer benefits is the most shameful business practice any developer could do.

The twitch shirt is cool. Literally doing special things for Streamers is not.

I can only tell you that you shouldnt give the slightest [BAD WORD] about skins
    Just hope that they concentrate on balance.... dont disturb them because they cant even get the easiest stuff right =(

Trust me I am more concerned about balance. But again, the art team and balance team are completely separate and don't interact much. Skins can be done at the same time as actual balancing.

Funny that yuo say that, in the store I can see pitch black cloths, I wonder how this is affecting the balance,.....

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:
    I'm gonna have to say no. They said it would never come back, and I would prefer they stick with what they said.

Going back on it just sets a bad precedent and makes me wonder if I can trust their word again.

I would be cool with them sticking to their word if so many people didn't hack Legacy and if their own ineptitude didn't cause hundreds of people to lose their earned Legacy. They gave it back to 72hrs.

Of course. Streamer benefits is the most shameful business practice any developer could do.

Just hope that they concentrate on balance.... dont disturb them because they cant even get the easiest stuff right =(

Trust me I am more concerned about balance. But again, the art team and balance team are completely separate and don't interact much. Skins can be done at the same time as actual balancing.

Funny that yuo say that, in the store I can see pitch black cloths, I wonder how this is affecting the balance,.....

God forbid more incentives to play stealthy, amirite?

• Master

@Vancold said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

There is a difference between playing stealthy and being invisible :wink:

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259

They'll not be free.
    You'll just be able to buy them with shards..

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

@Master said:

@Vancold said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

There is a difference between playing stealthy and being invisible :wink:

Well, even pre-nerf Black L4D shirt Claudette on Macmillan wansn't "invisible" so.. ;d

• Saint_Judas
    Saint_Judas Member Posts: 43

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Black clothing only works on some maps though. Sure on Macmillan estate and Prenn Asylum its op af, but put that person on Coldwind or Lerys? Not nearly as good there eh

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

You can nullify the black clothing completely without hacking the game with judicious use of your graphic card's built-in tools. I play with my brightness turned up 20% out of necessity myself. Between that and good headphones, black clothes are no longer an issue for me.

• weirdkid5

You can nullify the black clothing completely without hacking the game with judicious use of your graphic card's built-in tools. I play with my brightness turned up 20% out of necessity myself. Between that and good headphones, black clothes are no longer an issue for me.

Honestly I've never had a problem spotting P3 Clauds even without adjusting my graphics settings.
  • Master

@Saint_Judas said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Black clothing only works on some maps though. Sure on Macmillan estate and Prenn Asylum its op af, but put that person on Coldwind or Lerys? Not nearly as good there eh

Survivors have the power to choose the map

• weirdkid5

@Master said:

@Saint_Judas said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Survivors have the power to choose the map

Exactly. 4 offerings will always outweigh the killer's 1.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

Legacy was a special reward for people who were playing the game and supporting it in its very early days. You should know this, as you say in your post that you had legacy and lost it. I have my bet that everyone who lost legacy will eventually get it back. I also do not like the idea of only giving it to DLC characters, as then it would feel cheap that anyone can purchase it and say that they are just as special as people who were with the game from day 1. I thoroughly wish that I could have legacy on my sweet baby Wraith, but know that the deadline is long gone, and that the people who do have legacy/lost it fought long and hard to earn it, so they are the ones who deserve their legacy.
    Again, in case you skipped over it I will repeat - I am confident that everyone who has lost legacy due to save file corruption will eventually get it back, and will not have to pay for it like you are considering.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    @weirdkid5 I really want your opinion (and others) about this idea and please don't be upset if you don't like this method of obtaining a legacy skin. I do have some solutions that DbD developers can do to add legacy back without it taking away the rarity of legacy itself. Legacy was obtained to players that prestiged their survivor/killer to P3 lvl 50 which at the time was extremely difficult due to the bloodweb. Players who did do this 100% deserve the legacy skin but in my opinion, this is unfair to the new players that never had a chance to earn their legacy skin by getting to P3 lvl 50. I think that after X amount of times you complete the bloodweb after P3 lvl 50, you'll earn a legacy skin but it would be a lot of grinding because those players who already had legacy worked a lot to get their legacy skin. Thoughts and please don't destroy me, it's just a thought so go easy on me, I know legacy is a difficult accomplishment.
  • ZeBee
    ZeBee Member Posts: 47

@TheOnlyHeero said:
    why not make a new type of skin that would be a compromise for those who bought the dlc originally before the change? something shiny but not the same. i have more respect for companies who do not fall back on there legacy or preorder items. i think they should just make something new.

I think they are doing something like this though. Where people who pay for DLC will get a cosmetic, but then people who get characters from play time wouldnt get anything. personally I wouldn't want legacy I don't think I'd use it, but it could be nice for people who do want it.

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185
    edited June 2018

Old Legacy will never be brought back into DBD, you have no idea how long it took to get stuff in that blood web and all the annoying things people had to deal with back then. 100% deserved and should only be given to those that played in that time. Now if they make New Legacy skins (which I doubt they will) there would have to be some kind of incredibly insane thing that people had to go through to deserve those outfits, not because they purchased non-licensed characters, you already have cosmetics, more are coming, and you can STILL purchase the characters once the new patch goes live. I do believe they are making outfits for those that purchased the killer but it won't be anywhere close to classifying as "Legacy" just an extra 1 or 2 outfit(s) for you for supporting them, that's it. I do not know if people will be getting outfits for purchasing non-licensed killers BEFORE the patch goes live but that would be awesome if they did that.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

Didn't read all the answers, but people that buy DLC with real money will already have an exclusive cosmetic. Check the Dwight's one for Leatherface DLC.

• Superpablog
    Superpablog Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 66

@Shadoureon said:

@ApacheLand said:
    If you saw how much time and effort those legit legacy players put into those old blood webs when the game first came out to get those legacy clothes you wouldn't be saying that lol they were insanely long and tedious. They deserve those outfits

Thats bull, You know how many people levelled 7 characters to 40 to get the perks and didnt get any legacy at all? They should have never created legacy. Exclusive content is first class garbage.

That happened to me, i leveled Jake to level 40 (I reched level 40 on october, 2016) and then i leveled Claudette for self care, when i was near level 30 with her, november 24 arrived, so i lost legacy 1 with jake :(

• Superpablog
    Superpablog Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 66

@ApacheLand said:
    If you saw how much time and effort those legit legacy players put into those old blood webs when the game first came out to get those legacy clothes you wouldn't be saying that lol they were insanely long and tedious. They deserve those outfits

If you saw how much hacks used some players to get legacy, and with a private profile are unpunished because if you can't see the achivements, you can't get evidence of the hack