Can this community seriously just chill?

GoodBoyKaru
GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

Like, guys, in game you don't need to first-hook mori everyone with an ebony and tunnel them down. It isn't hard.

You don't need to burn farm offerings over and over. It isn't hard.

You don't need to camp. You don't need to get salty at someone for playing fair. You don't need to do a whole lot of #########.

Remember, on the other end of this game is a player too. Be it killer and survivor, you're both as bad as each other recently. Take a chill pill, take a breather, and actually be a nice person. Please.

Oh and forum members, if someone has a valid suggestion on how to make like better as survivor or as killer, don't shoot them down telling "ENTITLED [role] MAIN HERE! YOU'RE OPINION IS INVALID BECAUSE IF YOU MAIN [role] YOU MUST ALL THINK THE SAME." If they have a valid suggestion but you disagree with it, be civil. Please. We don't need FlamingKittyUMad(V2) to resurface.

Comments

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I don't mind people sweating it out, bringing NOED etc. If they want to do that they're in their full right to do so. You rarely see people play fair in a a fighting game because why ever give your opponent a fair chance? That kind of mindset can VERY EASILY transfer to DbD since as a killer you have a lot of power over how much a certain survivor will get to interact with the game. You are right. You don't need to, but at the same time there's nothing stopping you from playing a certain way. I don't do it but I can see why someone would. If winning is the only thing that's fun for them, then sweating it out and bringing all the things would increase their chances of winning.

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364

I think maybe they should just get rid of the ebony Mori’s. It’s really too much and I was excited to use them as a killer until I started seeing them in EVERY blood web in the higher levels of each killer. It’s sad playing survivor now 😢 Survivors deserve their 3 hooks every game. You don’t need to short either side their right to play. They ought to eliminate those things from the game entirely. I mean, are survivors getting offerings that insta repair gens? Nah. Brand new

part doesn’t count either. Insta kill me why can’t I insta repair a gen?

• Joshawoo71
    Joshawoo71 Member Posts: 23

If the devs can get there heads out there behinds and stop trying to play it safe, avoiding almost every issue, making excuses, having a poor vision of balance, catering towards either side causing a tribalistic mentality on the community which is splitting it apart, taking too long to fix certain issues/bugs, poor objective design, making broken perks/items, unnecessary nerfs, having a "casual" mindset of the game etc etc. The devs almost every time make things harder for them selves to attempt get the game in shape. The community wasn't like this close to launch until the broken aspects of the game were discovered and that the devs take so dang long to fix. They created an addictive mess of a game and now they're too scared to make any huge steps to put Dead by Daylight into shape and make it a satisfying game to play. Now I can't imagine how much stress they go through trying to fix what they can or attempt to fix. However they're the ones to put them selves in the positions of pressure, they have have the final say of what going in their game and its 100% their responsibility that this game is still a mess.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

So do i but that results in quite a few 0 k's because of hook raotation and the speed of gens these days. Getting corn maps in the last 3 out of 4 games did nto help either. Neither did the fact that in all those games i had swf using coms. I asked.

I have WoW in the background beckoning me. Time to go i guess.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

Sadly this Game is a cesspool for toxicity that combined with it being a competitive nature game with some glaring balance issues means you either have to live with it and try to ignore or stop playing. I'm not saying every match is going to be toxic just that It can easily go that way which is upsetting.

I wish the Devs would crack down on the toxicity and start handing out even very small bans to repeat offenders. But then again it's so ingrained that I don't know if it'd make a difference.

• BubbaSawyerMeats
    BubbaSawyerMeats Member Posts: 108

the thing is the killer probably had several rounds prior be bullied by players 10 ranks above him. Moris and camping is catharsis for what he experienced. Don't take it personally, but it does suck when that happens.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

No because killers complain with a toxic SWF 4 man group gen rushing just as hard as they complain about a 4 man SWF group meme'ing and having fun.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

"fair"? Right. Chill on hook.

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464

When you play some Red Rank wraith who is on Twitch to impress his 3 followers and you are the last survivor and since the hatch almost always spawns in this same exact place on the Badham and he decides to cloak himself right on top of the hatch to body block it...yeah I am probably not going to be exactly nice to him for doing that.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Killers dont get mad about meme'ing, they get mad at perpetual teabagging and blinding

• honestlybaffled
    honestlybaffled Member Posts: 175

I don't mind peoples playing sweaty, its their gamestyle and they wanna win.

If you get angry about it, you're the one who needs to stop and chill.

It's just a game and peoples can play the way they seem fit; The real problem lies in the death threats post-game and calling them names.

• GoodBoyKaru

I mean, congrats tou just generalised all killers to be like that. Exactly what I mentioned in my post is causing some issues.

Yeah ikr! Same game 3 games in a row; playing solo, different people each time. He got a 3k while first-hook mori-ing each time. No items, on anyone for 2 of those games, 2 medkits and a flashlight in the first. If me holding M1 to do a gen on the other side of the map or stunning him with a pallet is enough for that or for a facecamp I have news for him.

I am well aware that it sucks, and just for once I’d love it if people could be reasonable and save their moris/camping for the toxic people, not the people who try and play nicely. Same goes for the other side; no need to tbag or click if I’m out here trying to leave the map to not camp people.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

I always play as fair as possible

still usually 3-4k, i dont rely on playing cheap as an alternative to improving skill

but how else will those satan worshipping Survivor players learn their lesson!!!!

seriously, if people are against a fair and balanced multiplayer game, then idk what to say

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

Once the Devs finally decide to nerf the most OP killers like Legion and Clown, then we can chill.

Jokes aside though mains ruin the casualness.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

I saw about 8 posts on this board disagreeing with this.

• NFTiger115
    NFTiger115 Member Posts: 8

Nah I disagree, I think they are good just because it makes the survivors think. Oh ######### they might have an ebony to kill us with. It's a challenge that we don't know about which is awesome only issue is that it's way too overpowered and doesn't make the game that fun.

Although they won't see this and take this idea because of all the sweaty killer mains that just use the mori to completely ######### us maybe changing the amount of hooks to two would ya know be more appropriate. Even though they are dead on hook, it's not guaranteed they can wiggle off. I understand what you mean though it makes the game boring for the survivors which sucks.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

YOU WANT ME TO CHILL?!?!

• GoodBoyKaru

I mean, maybe not in winter, but try it out in summer.