I sweatily hit Rank 1 this reset after not playing since the ruin change, here's what I've learned.

I'm not going to pretend this is some kind of insider information or that other people have not brought some of this information to the masses, but it seems to be stuff that is getting left off of a lot of videos even of top tier killer mains.

Before we begin, this isn't a guide for rank 20's, this assumes you already are at least a purple level of skill who is looking to get that final push and get into the red ranks or rank 1.

Q: Does rank 1 matter?

A: No, except for the achievement which may or may not go away when BHVR decides the best way to fix matchmaking is not show us rankings anymore and pretending it's fixed, so this is for those sweaty bastards trying to get this done before it's gone.

1) Location, location, location.

Map offerings are the secret OP weapon for killers, a good map puts you at an immediate advantage. If you are an area killer like Hag or Trapper a smaller map makes your life a lot easier to the point you may not have to be chained to corrupt intervention, if you are a killer like Billy or Nurse with good range maps with lots of open terrain may be better. Realistically analyze yourself on what maps you do best on, then stockpile those addons for your inevitable push.

2) Prepare for the journey.

Like with map offerings it may prudent to spend a month farming bloodpoints for addons and map offerings for your big push, it's going to be important you have your best tools available. Depending on your killer you may have to settle for a good supply of their second best addons depending on how rare their best addons are. Remember the month you plan to do this is not the month you care about BP, so unless your killer really benefits from BBQ and Chili you may be leaving it home this month, and speaking of perks, so that brings me to........

3) Generator slowdown and information.

With the changes to Hex: Ruin it would seem two perk combinations are best for generator slowdown/information.

Combo 1: Hex: Ruin/Surveillance

Positives: If a generator is regressing it is highlighted in white, if it stopped regressing it goes yellow, this will give you an ungodly level of map awareness and help you not waste a lot of time past your original generator patrol. It also helps with finding your first survivor as you approach a generator if it goes white there was a survivor on it. It makes three generator strategies downright devastating as well. Much more fire and forget than the Combo 2.

Negatives: It's a totem, the inherent risk is always it will start in a terrible spot and get cleansed immediately by survivor who spawned literally next to it. Without the Ruin surveillance becomes much more onerous to utilize, requiring a lot of generator kicks to get value from.

Combo 2: Thrilling Tremors/Pop Goes the Weasel

Positives: Stops anyone heading to generators who isn't already working on them, allows you to immediately know which generator is unblocked and go and regress it with Weasel.

Negatives: Both perks require you to down and hook to become effective, meaning you have to be on with pressure right from the jump. Pop and Tremors both have cooldowns that need to be managed efficiently.

Overall combo 1 has more risks but is easier to implement, combo 2 can be more devastating but it's completely based on you getting downs and hooks constantly.

4) Lobby Dodging

People may not like it, but it's the truth, if you see 4 toolboxes, you're lobby dodging, you're not trying to have some "fun experience" you're trying to pip, having three gens pop in 80 seconds is a surefire safety pip at best, we're not looking for that, use your best judgment but for this month you're trying to optimize, you only gotta wait five seconds to re queue.

5) 1-2 Killers

Again, this is not ideal fun, but to stockpile the addons and map offerings 1-2 killers is most likely the best option. Trying to stockpile on too many killers may take too long and really you should be playing your top two killers at all times anyway. Again, you can have fun next month, this is to get to the top of the mountain.

Comments

• SeeYoureWrong
    SeeYoureWrong Member Posts: 88

IMO it depends on the survivors themselves, my skill at the killer im playing, and not the asylum. The most ideal constant combo is me playing Legion at shelter woods. Or any killer at shelter woods. Except Bubba. I suck at him.

• xWoods831
    xWoods831 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2020

Tbh you guys might be on PC so queue times are quicker for you but on xbox.... sometimes it takes more than 4 minutes to find a match just to end up having the killer leave when theres 4 seconds left to start the match.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Who said anything about survivor queues? These are bad on every platform. Killer lobbies are the instant ones.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

Survivor queues suck everywhere. Because the game heavily favored survivors, so more than 80% want to play survivor, by a lot.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Here are some tips to reach rank 1 super fast and super easy. It took me like... idk 8-10 hours on mainly "trash killers"

1. Pop and Corrupt are amazing perks. Use them in combinition.
    2. SAfe the best for last, Infectious, Discordance, BBQ, Play with your food, Thrilling etc are great perks you wanna use.
    3. Dont tunnel survivors, if you cant get anything within 10-15 seconds, leave the chase. If you failed to get anything during that time window, you are at a bad spot (and should not have taken the chase anyway) or you did a mistake. Accept that you did a mistake or accept that the survivor has the upper hand at the moment and move on! This is the hardest part you have to learn if you want to become a good killer!
    4. Said that, getting a pallet or a single hit within a short time periode is value. Sometimes i just take short chase to get this value and then move on because i know it will take too long to get the survivor since he is in a good position.
    5. Moonwalking has to become second nature. With that i mean, moonwalk EVERY tiny corner, trust me, it helps even aginst very good survivors.
    6. Learn your pathing! rotations are super important, and learn when and how to rotate.

This is all you need to become a good killer. Practice Practice Practice. If you think you are good, you stoped getting good. Try harder ;)

Kind regards

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

I'm on PC and at red ranks and sometimes can wait upwards of 10 minutes. Not too frequent anymore but about a month or 2 ago it was consistent. Sometimes fairly higher

• AestheticCharms
    AestheticCharms Member Posts: 136

Probably cause the killers were crying about the ruin nerf.

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416

Forgot to include to remember that survivors are so boosted that you really only get good ones like once every 10 games

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

See it's funny you say that because I found it to be really rough sledding up till about the just pipping into rank 2, then suddenly I went from every game is all red ranks to suddenly getting random purples and greens. Hell just now I played against a red and three purples as a rank 2 with 3 pips, I mean wth? I fully expected that from now until reset I would get nothing but the toughest survivors available at all times, but it's like crossed some invisible fence and the game is spoonfeeding me double pips now that they are useless to me lol.

• Mo4ntus

Because there isn’t near enough killers anymore they care about finding rank less more than ever so you at rank 1 are probably gonna see more lower ranks now just because those people need games too

• Kwikwitted

It's just amusing because I assumed that I would be making life harder for myself by going to rank 1 this reset and dealing with just red ranks as far as the eye could see and I had accepted that. I really just wanted to hit it one more time to prove I could and double confirm the achieve before MMR takes over. Little did I know for relaxing games I should tryhard to rank 1 and now get matched up with the rainbow lol.

• Mo4ntus

Honestly I wouldn’t know I’m a pig main so truly sweaty games are few and far between now

• Kwikwitted

It's interesting, pig's main strength was her ability to get survivors to focus on jigsaw boxes and less on generators, which was a niche and gimmicky when first released an had her as middle of the pack, now because any kind of distraction or generator slowdown is the equivalent to manna from heaven she's risen exponentially in both popularity and ranking.

• Mo4ntus

No I just mean I play in a more memey way with pig going for grabs seeing how far I can get a lunge seeing if survivors pass my test at jigsaw boxes I was still able to hit rank 1 and mes around more than when I play other killers