Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DS

So can we do something about this being a 60s free escape? Cause I gotta say it's pretty damn annoying to see someone working on a gen, chase them off and down them only to get DSed anyway. Survivors have more than enough second chance perks, they don't need invincibility as well.

Comments

• Spirit_Hag
    Spirit_Hag Member Posts: 168

No

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

There is no invincibility. Dont tell lies.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

It's fine

• Nivek
    Nivek Member Posts: 19

Nope

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Did you go for the unhooker?

What were your actions after the survivor was unhooked?

Did you not find anyone else?

How is it the survivors fault you couldn't get to anyone or everyone else?

• BigBrainMegMain

Slug them, no one said ignore.

Slugging is always an option, if you eat a DS then complain about it, that's on YOU.

If a survivor gets in a locker after he/she were unhooked and you decide to be a 4head and open it, that DS slap is on you.

You're talking about survivor entitlement when killers also have a second chance perk that is also blamed on the survivors if we don't get rid of it.

NOED apparently activates on bad survivors.

DS activates on bad killers.

• HarryToeknuckles
    HarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158

Every game we played today had camping and/or tunnelling. Still choose NOT to run DS on the off-chance the killer wasn't a wienerbaby..

• Xify
    Xify Member Posts: 35

Just counter it. Not hard at all...

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157
    edited March 2020

I think 50 - 60 seconds can be pretty productive. I was happy with my match, and the others that were similar. I didn't feel victimized, despite the re-hook within 60 seconds, and the time I spent was solid points.

In my 55ish seconds, I gave some quick heals (tiny part of a health state) and popped a gen that was 30 - 40% done when we started (wife had Prove Thyself). We were started off toward another gen when Huntress downed me, and only because I ran into her.

This person was not hard tunneling or doing anything but minding their business and playing the game. Nevertheless, the DS skill check came up and gave an opportunity to punish a player who did nothing wrong.

I think the 60 seconds timer is good if you're being hard tunneled, but the conditions for DS are too broad and can penalize a killer who isn't meeting that hard tunnel criteria even remotely.

Post edited by scarslookgood on
  • ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

That made me laugh "DS activates on bad killers" so your saying it's fair if i hook you and go to another survivor due to BBQ while i chase and get the first hit you get unhooked now your 1 min off DS kicks in, i keep chasing the survivor i found down them and hook them while in that time your working on a gen as i hook them the gen pops so i head over that way and run into you and down you again i pick you up and get DS because you still have time left on it.

Explain why DS shouldn't be adjusted you had time to finish a gen, i was able to hook someone else but yet you had time left so you could come find me knowing that i have 3 choices hit you and wait out the time, hit you and take the DS or leave you to find someone else knowing you still have DS up.

If a teammate unhooks you in front off my face thats on your team not me if i hit you and not them and wait out the time, if i chase you and not them and get DS thats on me as i choose to go after you knowing there was a good chance you had DS. But if you have time to finish a gen and i have time to chase, down someone and hook them and then still get DS by you that is the part that needs to be changed. The time is fine if you are getting tunneled as soon as you get unhooked but if you have time to do a gen, heal then DS needs to deactivate that's the problem killers have with it you can heal, finish a gen and still have time left on DS and the killer is forced into 1 of 3 options if they come across you 45 seconds after you get unkooked by luck or perk i.e BBQ.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Well, does the killer got a perk ro revert a part of a gen passively to create pressure by having a perk? No, ruin got nerfed.

• BigBrainMegMain

Show me proof YOU can do this, and I'll take my statement back.

100%, I'll agree with you.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Unless the unhooker is hiding like a coward and not taking aggro I don't tunnel the guy off the hook. I just so happen to be good enough to down people fast as well as predicting where others go and thus downing them quickly too. Sure every now and again I find someone who gives me the run around but most of the time people last less than 30s in a chase, 10s to hook them then down the guy who was unhooked because he isn't healing he is working on a gen 10ft from me. You don't counter DS, you ignore the survivor who has it or you take a huge stun, either way you lose map pressure no matter what you do.

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136

I need that DS for my STBFL stacks, so I can change my obsession and get stacks when I hit that now-ex-obsession though

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

@BigBrainMegMain watch the two clips above and that just shows you what i'm on about in the first one the killer didn't tunnel the person the killer was followed then tried to unhook someone right in front off there face got grabbed and killer got DS and you still claim DS needs no adjustments to it, if they changed it to soon as another survivor gets hooked all DS deactivates do you think that survivor would try and do something like that the only reason he did was because he had DS and knew he was safe.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

Can we make it so killers can deactivate survivor perks at the cost of some time to make it even then?

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

the one with ds runs in your face for the EZ bt save.

happens with swf all the time.

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206

1 minute is too long. That's the main issue I believe. If it was kept at 40 seconds at most, it would the majority of the time deactivate once a killer chased another survivor, downed/hooked them and came back to the survivor who had DS.

And no, it is not tunnelling if the killer actively ignores you, hooks someone else and comes back to you.

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

The weakness of DS is if they hit it with you after the first hook you can tunnel for free after the second.

• BigBrainMegMain

There are already killers than can do that.

Huntress exhaustion addons, Doctor exhaustion addons (I think they're gone, I don't remember) Clown Exhaustion addons.