Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Wraith > The Spirit

Change My Mind :chuffed:

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Flashlights
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Legs.
  • guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149

-doesn't need anytime to activate/deactivate her power
    -her clone actally has a hitbox and if you use your power in front of a pallet, a survivor can't pull it down
    -she's litteraly invisible

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@guest602 said:

pressing m2 doesn´t count?

-her clone actally has a hitbox and if you use your power in front of a pallet, a survivor can't pull it down

great for hitting you with a pallet when you reappear!

so are the survivors!

• guest602

@Tsulan said:

@guest602 said:

so are the survivors!

-come on. Don't act like there's no cloak/ uncloak time. With the spirit, it takes a millisecond to use your power. You don't need to hit a bell.
    -Survivors actually don't know on what side you're going to reappear, you can fake it and stay where you are, and when survivors are pallet looping, that's the same thing
    -survivors can't see your footsteps on the grass/your blood

• Tsulan

@guest602 said:

@Tsulan said:

@guest602 said:

so are the survivors!

-come on. Don't act like there's no cloak/ uncloak time. With the spirit, it takes a millisecond to use your power. You don't need to hit a bell.

Yeah, and then you have to wait 20 seconds to use her power again!

-Survivors actually don't know on what side you're going to reappear, you can fake it and stay where you are, and when survivors are pallet looping, that's the same thing

They don´t know where you are going to appear. But you don´t know where they are going to be either!

-survivors can't see your footsteps on the grass/your blood

you... bleed?

• guest602
    edited August 2018

@tsulan
    don't forget that she's not released yet. I think some changes are to come, and it is true that her cooldown is too high. However, I think and hope that the devs will lower it. :p
    Yes, I can know where they are going to be, if I look at the grass moving or their blood stains.
    No, I don't, but what I meant is that you can rely on the environment to find survivors, but survivor can't do the same thing
    (sorry for my poor english)

• Tsulan

@guest602 said:
    @tsulan
    don't forget that she's not released yet. I think some changes are to come, and it is true that her cooldown is too high. However, I think and hope that the devs will lower it. :p
    Yes, I can know where they are going to be, if I look at the grass moving or their blood stains.
    No, I don't, but what I meant is that you can rely on the environment to find survivors, but survivor can't do the same thing
    (sorry for my poor english)

Yes, they are changing her. They´ll remove the blood stains but keep the long cooldown. If there´s no grass, you won´t know.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Swiftblade131 said:

I can't, you are right.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    edited August 2018

Cant really, because I agree. I have more of a mind to play the current Wraith than the Spirit. Her ability is cool, but god damn, chasing Survivors as the Hag or a Huntress without Hatchets is the absolute worst. I'd rather have real chase speed over the off chance of pulling a Survivor off a gen.

Nevermind the fact that the new changes to wraith add-ons look freaking awesome. Watching Tydetymes new video of wraith gameplay is great.
    Post edited by Tzeentchling9 on
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Yea I'm gonna have to agree with that for the common killer. For regular killers, she'll play like a nerfed nurse. For the God-tier killers, I think spirit will be better. She seems to have a really high skill cap that requires knowledge of both survivor and killer. Since you can't see survivors and survivors will get good at hiding their movements against her, it's gonna be a killer based off of predictions. How good you are with her is how good your predictions are.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

RE: Activation time, it takes 4 seconds to enter the spirit world during which time you can't see the survivors, move, or do anything else. That's a huge deal.

Wraith's power is just as useless. 2s of slowed movement to get out of it is plenty enough for a survivor to SB away, and he's much easier to spot and predict. He's only better because he's a glorified 115% ms M1 killer.
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053
    edited August 2018

@Visionmaker said:

Wraith's power is just as useless. 2s of slowed movement to get out of it is plenty enough for a survivor to SB away, and he's much easier to spot and predict. He's only better because he's a glorified 115% ms M1 killer.

Wraith uncloak has a mindgame/bait potential. He can bait out SB, stop uncloaking, catch up with his cloak speed and then uncloak. Similar things can be done with pallets.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited August 2018

@Visionmaker said:

Wraith uncloak has a mindgame/bait potential. He can bait out SB, stop uncloaking, catch up with his cloak speed and then uncloak. Similar things can be done with pallets.

I don't think it's a significant factor. Seasoned survivors will usually SB and wait by pallet loops anyway, where he is generally weak at. He's better with his faster cloak movement and passive Windstorm, but the 1s duration is not that good.
    Spirit has way better pallet mind game potential with her skill, barring the long cooldown.
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    The spirit looks amazing, the feel of the power is great, and the shard katana animation is epic.

All that said, I'll be playing Wraith.