Will the new sabo break the game?

Kyle1234
Kyle1234 Member Posts: 25
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

New Sabo drops tomorrow I haven't had a chance to try it out, but for those who have what do you think? Is it a game changer? Is it meh?

Comments

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Ohya it's gonna break the game. I place myself a green rank survivor at best. The sabo changes makes it as a single survivor I control the killers entire objective until he eliminates me.

Put that in the hands of several pro survivor players. I can already imagine the god awful games we are going to see of sweaty survivors, and toxic survivors abusing the sabo changes.

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

Will see what happens if it goes live. I'm hoping at least changes were made to it. I have enough challenges playing killer.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Since I'm guessing at least one member in a SWF is going to be running Sabo from now on, it's going to be pretty rough. We already have Head On as a standard choice, this just adds another weapon to deal with.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

They should have kept it as it was. Sure you had survivors 99 hooks but at least that took time. If they were doing that then they weren't doing gens. Now they dont have to waste any time. If they just happen to be close to the down survivor they can sabo. This is going to make slugging and perks like infectious fright even more necessary.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I think killers will need to always have a dedicated perk slot for Hangmans from now on.

• HerbieHind
    HerbieHind Member Posts: 28

What exactly did they change with sabotaging?

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Nothing will change in case of sabo. Like every Patch survivors do not get anything useful.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Starting tomorrow it’ll be much faster. Like 3 seconds if I remember correctly. Whether it’s a toolbox or the perk.

But there are other changes as well. Toolboxes get used up ultra fast, but don’t disappear when depleted. And the Hangman’s Trick perk gets a big buff. Namely, it’ll show auras of survivors who are near hooks when you pick up a downed one. That you you can walk toward a safer hook.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

if all 4 people will bring saboteur you don't even need toolboxes. 2.5 seconds and the hooks are gone

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,975

No, but it will break some hooks! *buh dum tsh*

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416

I feel like it wouldn’t be the end of the world if it didn’t only take like 5% of a box

• TTVfbYTigTW
    TTVfbYTigTW Member Posts: 85
    edited March 2020

99'ing hooks wasn't even really game breaking. This is just throwing a wrench in something for everyone to complain about, to distract from the slew of new bugs that will come with 3.6.0. I got money on borrowed time breaking on like Badham III only. And then NOED is going to proc at the beginning of the game, but breaking all totems won't destroy the hex. Then it'll take 2 weeks to fix.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,844

I recommend using a perk to counter Sabo for the next couple weeks. But when the newness wears off the game won't be broken.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

just wondering, does anyone know how long it takes for a hook to fix itself after someone sabotages it? i thought i heard a streamer say 10 seconds but i'm assuming thats not correct?