its bug or what?

Options
UkilledLegion
UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

survivors more and more do this but if its not bug maybe someone know how to counter this if its bug FIX this plz….survivor who stay under hook is immortal ….killer cant catch cant hit ….nothing

Comments

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

You need to trick them to turn to one side and lunge in the direction of the hook to hit them. It's really stupid to do this after all.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

I like when survivors "hook tech" (oooo that terminology sends shivers down my spine). 2 people off gens makes me smile. :)

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620
    Options

@Fibijean I wanted to write bug report but write here not specially but thanks for answer :D

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

not a bug, but determined unintended exploit. when you see them doing this start recording them doing it, report it as using an exploit then follow up with a ticket and links or upload a clip to them.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I've never heard of anyone being banned for using hook tech. Has it been confirmed that it's bannable?

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

my recolection was that it was stated on a dev stream recently it was. i'd have to go find it before but i've been hearing others ALSO talking about hearing it.

• Fibijean
    Options

If you come across it, I'd be interested to see it. I know it was talked about in the stream before last, but I don't remember any mention of banning people for it.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

They always put an announcement out for exploits they will ban for, this is not one of them, and a fix will be coming out with Caleb I presume, I'm sure you remember hooking survivors as a killer and being pushed to the side? That was an unintended bug due to the fix.

• Fibijean
    Options

That's what I assumed - that since they haven't issued an announcement saying that they will ban for hook tech, it's safe to assume they won't. But I didn't want to rule out the possibility that there may have been one I missed.

I don't really understand what you mean about the "unintended bug due to the fix" part. When did that happen? As far as I know they never put out a fix for hook tech; they were about to, but then they delayed it because they discovered the issue was more complicated than they had anticipated.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

"Hook Tech" was fixed in the PTB, you couldn't slide under the hook, however, occasionally, when hooking someone as the killer you would be slid the left/right of the survivor for no reason.

• Fibijean
    Options

Oh I see, I only managed to get one game on the PTB so I didn't notice that, but that's good to know.

• VigilStrange
    VigilStrange Member Posts: 57
    Options

It was said by Peanits in another thread here on the forums that it is not bannable, and that reports would be ignored. It was another thread about hook tech, and it was a couple weeks ago. A lot of people then raged about exploits by killers being ban worthy(Legion's infinity mending for example), but exploits for survivors being allowed.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    Options

Might sound silly, but to counter that you can just not try hitting them. There is no reason to attempt hitting them or leaving them. If you don't leave and just watch them sit under their hooked teammate waiting for you to hit them, one on hook will end up dying and then you can down the other and it'll be their fault

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

They need you to hit the hooked person in order to save. Fake one side, double back and swing. The crucial part is that you have to aim more toward the hook. You will either hit the rescuer or, if you overdo it, you hit the hook. If you hit the hook, it doesn't matter. They can't save safely and, if they try, you still get the trade. So, if you're unsure about where to aim, err on the side of the hook and you'll be completely fine.

The hook tech is very easy to counter and this community had a knee jerk reaction. It's not an exploit, they're actually offering you a hook on a silver platter. Except I made more people dc rather than being hooked, when they realized I downed them even if they camped their 'safe' spot.

• M4ST3RM1ND
    M4ST3RM1ND Member Posts: 33
    Options

Theres a way to hit that survivor but you have to be patient. You can hit the hook and sometimes you'll hit him. Or you can just wait and get 2 kills because of that troll. I love when someone does this and im the killer.

• Only2Megabytes
    Only2Megabytes Member Posts: 37
    Options

Yeah it's great, it justifies staying near the hooked survivor.

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    ELECTRIK_VISION Member Posts: 42
    Options

It’s an exploit but a pretty pointless one just stand there let the hooked person die then get the other one 😂

• Valiant_Majesty
    Valiant_Majesty Member Posts: 39
    Options

I find it funny when this happens. 😂 I will JUST hook a Survivor, and one swoops in to do this immediately. I just stand there as their teammate hangs on the hook. If I don't swing, they'll bait the unhook so they can use Borrowed Time. I still won't move.

More often than not, the survivor on the hook just stops struggling.

• albert_pain
    albert_pain Member Posts: 42
    Options

But, will be possible to do this after the new chapter release?

With the sabotage rework, maybe it changes, because the things related of the hooks will change, no?

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113
    Options

Pfft just don't care about it, literally just stand infront of them on the hook you don't lose points in your pips for it and you kill 2 birds with one stone. Also as Oni activate his power and you can actually swing through the survivor.

All this is, is a gimmick for survs that just want to piss you of use to get under their skin. But if you don't play their game and just stare at the one doing it all he can do is waste his time, and the dude on the hook, he'll get him killed.

• Muntcuffinz
    Muntcuffinz Member Posts: 18
    Options

Im a killer main and I could literally give two shits less if a survivor does this. I'll just stare at them until they go for the unhook. Or more recently, I look around for the cheeky bastard before I hook the survivor I'm carrying. Basically a free hit and you prevent this situation.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    Options

I just acknowledge and leave. That's 2 survivors not doing gens. So, I go find more.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

I have had this happen quite often, and it's both funny and annoying. I'll wait for them to make their move in most cases, and go for the grab, which i have found out is still messed up for me. I go to grab and end up hitting the one on the hook, and they both scoot away. Same with gens. Hit instead of grab. Other times I'll walk away knowing they will go for the save then go back and go for the one that saved.

• DoomsdayDame
    DoomsdayDame Member Posts: 62
    Options
  • AlexisFox
    AlexisFox Member Posts: 127
    Options

Two may be off the gens but only for as long as the killer stands there so you have 2 still going to town with no opposition so they like that you're standing there watching a survivor hiding under another who is dying.