DEVS: Quitting one to two games a day isn't toxic, stop scaling up bans so harshly.

Options
2»

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

Look seriously, if you are a survivor and you want out, just die on the hook, run to the killer, and die on the hook, ez.

If you are killer there is sadly no way out (the painful reality is that if there were such an option, like to open the exit gates at any time, the game would probably die) but what you can do is just go stand in the basement, facing the wall, alt tabbing out and do literally anything else while the survivors do the gens and leave.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Orrrr just play the round out?

• Free_Hugs
    Free_Hugs Member Posts: 304
    Options

I know you are trying to tell yourself that you're making an effective argument that highlights an important issue, but... You're not.

DC penalties should be doubled, imho. Apparently they're still too close to permissive and players thinking that DCing is an answer to any situation in the game.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

We all have bad games or feel like some are hopeless but instead of dcing just try your best. You can't win them all and leaving isn't an option as it skews the system. Just let it play out.

Like in any game the best way to increase your own skill level is to verse those that give you a challenge, this helps us learn and gradually do better each match.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

Yeah,how bout no...

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I'm glad if we die early were not forced to stay for the entire match before getting out bloodpoints. That was the one thing that put me off FT13th.

TL:DR

Don't quit and if you don't like the game, play something else till they patch it. That's what I'm doing.

• Pizza_Dweet
    Pizza_Dweet Member Posts: 68
    Options

I can understand both sides that it's bad for the other survivors but sometimes you just can't handle it y'know? Sometimes the game just gets frustrating and mix with other emotions going on irl so I can see both sides of this argument.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

If the DC had a purpose that was important, like going to go do something important, then the ban wouldn't mean anything at all

If you DC'd because the game didn't go how you wanted, then you get hit because you didn't finish the match

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Quitting ANY game is toxic and selfish. You're ruining the game for 4 other people. Period.

Do irl things come up that require you to leave? Of course. But those arent 2 to 3 times a day, and nobody is ACTUALLY complaining about that because life happens. And if it is happening 2 or 3 times a day that you just have to get up and leave, you should consider your time available before playing. Because you're still screwing over 4 people.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Tunneling a survivor is a strategy. Not a reason to DC. Ffs....

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Play a different game if you find this one so frustrating.

I HATE facecamp Bubba/Doc, etc. but I won’t ragequit when it happens.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569
    Options

I dont think theres any reason to dc as a rank 18 new killer there are times i get frustrated when get matched with high ranked survivors but at the same time playing against survivors in red ranks is an opportunity to get better plus its not fair to the other 4 players

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

Personally as a killer, when a match goes that south to the point of frustration, I stop worrying about kills, bps or pips. I find ways to just amuse myself in the match. If I know its a lost cause, why not just goof a bit and amuse yourself. I enjoy playing peek a boo with survivors. I will just wander around the map, sight seeing. My favorite is when I see a survivor, run away from them. Confuses the hell out of people.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

This is exactly why game needs dc punishment as there are people who think ruining games for other 4 people should be acceptable.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Ok so what I'm hearing is I want it inconvenient everybody in the entire match because the matches and going my way.

When I get punished for ruining everybody's time I'm going to get annoyed because I'm getting rightly punished for ruining everybody's time.

Listen everybody has situations where they don't like how the game is going Killers or survivors. You're not special you don't deserve leniency because you decide that you want to do something that by the way is bannable because you you didn't get your way in a match.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    edited March 2020
    Options

Every online game punishes you for leaving because it impacts everyone else when you decide to yeet your ethernet cable out because you don't want to play anymore. I'd rather players like OP to just leave the game entirely. In PVP games, not every match is going to cater to your idea of fun. Get. Over. Yourself. People like OP ruin CS:GO, League, and other games that I play.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

I can understand once a day, not cause of crappy match but, work calls, you get a scholarship offer etc. Sorry BHVR but life is more important

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Cheeki_Beaky_Bird Member Posts: 148
    Options

Most online games do that, sure, and most online games feature surrender mechanics, don't put mid-tier players against the highest ranked players in the game, and have a casual mode.

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Options

You seem to be unwilling to actually read something before disagreeing with it.

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Options

I was proposing this on the basis that the current way that DC penalties scale and decay ENCOURAGES a killer to facecamping rather than quit. Would you rather the game end instantly, or the Bubba face camp your teammate because they have no better option?

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175
    edited March 2020
    Options

Pretty sure this game has no competitive or ranked modes. At least that's what I've understood in my 2 years off and on (I take a break when things get too frustrating both in the game and irl) it's all casual and ranks are only for matchmaking purposes.

If you quit because a game is too "hard" or whatever, how will you learn the tactics needed to adapt to situations?

Imagine if one of Ghotface's victims gave him a hard time and he just gave up instead of adapting his strategy.

• Foxfire47
    Foxfire47 Member Posts: 232
    Options

Just don't quit. Yeah they can be frustrating but you're also losing out on bloodpoints too? Gives you a chance to learn from these games too. Don't like it? Sorry, take the DC penalty.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

32k concurrent players on Steam.

If everyone is entitled to 2 matches to disconnect from without consequence, you enable at least 64k matches to be ruined by disconnects on Steam alone. That's 64k in a single day too.

• Arxaion
    Arxaion Member Posts: 104
    Options

Survivors suiciding on hook also screws up four people.

• Boludosattendant
    Boludosattendant Member Posts: 71
    Options

no need to DC, just suicide on hook and done

• jebbush
    jebbush Member Posts: 35
    Options

They definitely should rework the struggle on hook mechanic. But that's no excuse to allow people to get away with DC'ing.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    edited March 2020
    Options

Don't DC, Don't get Punished. Its that simple. You have no right to ruin the game for everyone else just because you can't deal with the match. If you must leave the match just afk or let yourself die on the hook like a coward.

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464
    Options

On Xbox so doesn't matter but how about the fact I had unhooked a bunch of people, did at least two gens, got chased and was inside the exit gate when boom loading screen--lost my BP, lost my item, lost a PIP and if it was on say PC I'd have a DC ban as well and would have probably double pipped as well. Or how about the game where I spawn into the game and I am being carried to the hook by the killer? Or the time the lag was so bad I literally couldn't even move? And I won't even get into say some killer who is obviously the best killer in DBD (in his mind anyway) sitting on a rock as you are hooked so he can tunnel you into the ground. I have a crazy idea...maybe FIRST fix the bugs and fix the awful ping because except for the few times I strategically dc to help the remaining survivor these are the only reasons I dc.

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Options

And maybe also fix the fact that Wraith can be stunlocked with a flashlight :)

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Options

And this is why I bring up this proposition: A lot less of the 4 survivor's time is wasted by someone conceding the game and it ending immediately, than by a killer going AFK.

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Options

Yeah, this is what I mean :P

The survivors don't get anything out of a game like that, just let it end, right?

• Write_By_Daylight
    Write_By_Daylight Member Posts: 126
    Options

Devs have a cruel sense of humour and I'm starting to think they enjoy the suffering of Killers.