Saboteur?

Options

Why does Saboteur go on cooldown even tho I just touched the hook, not even finished the sabotage...

Can you make Saboteur go on cooldown only if you sabotaged the hook?

Comments

• lazytension
    lazytension Member Posts: 56
    Options

Because like a lot of other perks that have cool downs, you don't need to use completely in order for the cool-down to take affect. Like sprint burst: If you accidentally run (even for a split second), it will become active and then have a cool down. You just have to play it smart, and only use it when you know you'll be able to continue using it start-to-finish.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

But Sprint Burst gives you that speed boost, even if you just tap it, this perk just activates it's cooldown even tho it didn't do anything...

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Because it's a perk that CAN have a big impact.

So no accidents should happen.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,090
    edited March 2020
    Options

While on the sabotage subject, how long does it take for a sabotaged hook to respawn?

I had to drop a survivor next to a hook that was sabotaged in my face (without a toolbox). I waited for the hook to respawn while the survivor recovered (they didn't crawl away because then I could just hook them elsewhere). As soon as the hook respawned, I picked the survivor up and the SAME survivor who sabotaged the hook the first time was ALREADY sabotaging it again! This is ridiculous...

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Recovering takes 30 seconds to recover fully.

Hook respawns in like 30 seconds (according to wiki). And Sabotours CD is 60 seconds.

So the survs must've had a toolbox/you took 60 seconds to try to hook again.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Breakdown also breaks the hooks for 180 seconds I think.

There could have also been more than one survivor running saboteur if they didn't use a toolbox to sabotage.

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309
    Options

It would be the minimum.

But Saboteur remains an overall not very interesting perk.

Like the flashlight, this will be mainly reserved for really experienced survivors, and/or SWF. And the toolboxes do the job just as well anyway, saving a perk slot that cannot be replaced by an item.