Can y'all take your tinfoil hats off?

It's getting really tiring at this point. Everywhere I go on this forum I see crap like this:

Someone has an idea? "The devs won't do this because they only care about 💲💰🤑"

Someone reports or asks about a bug? "This probably won't get fixed until half a year later because bhvr is [insert role] biased 🤡🤡"

Any balance change (or even a bugfix) is made? "See? They only cater to entitled [insert role] mains ☺️☺️"

Like, holy hell. I get that y'all are frustrated about the balance and how changes are made very slowly but have you ever considered that making a working 1vs4 game is VERY HARD and it will never be perfect? Not to mention that Behaviour is not a gigantic AAA game company.

Changes will come to both sides in time. The devs aren't ignoring either of them. Stop making every single thing into an "us vs them". Feel free to tell your opinions and criticism to the devs but stop assuming they only care about one side. If that was the fact, the game would be dead already.

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Doctor was just changed, and only happened under certain circumstances, it was very obvious to them what the fix is.

I can guarantee that all these nurse issues people are having are barely being reported with evidence & write ups explaining what was happening when the bug occured, 100s of people on the forum complaining about the bug isn't useful either if none of them report with builds/evidence/videos showing what happened.

• Shirokuro
    Shirokuro Member Posts: 182

They knew exactly what was causing the Decisive bug so they got it fixed fast.

Not sure what you mean with Nurse being riddled with bugs when I haven't personally stumbled to any other than the terrain somehow blocking my blink once a century. That and whatever other bugs you mean, could be extremely hard to pinpoint and fix.

• Shirokuro

I must agree that the dev update was badly worded but the patch itself wasn't really bad. Doctor feels better to play on both sides now and old Ruin was unhealthy for the game balance. Right now they're tweaking the toolboxes to compensate and if that isn't enough, they'll do more changes later.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Spasmodic breath, losing her second blink, losing ALL blinks, post blink lunge going all of 6 inches. Yeah, nurse is pretty big ridden. Count yourself lucky they all apparently missed you. Many folks see a lot of them, often.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

Nurse bugs are so common that you can playtest them yourself...

Devs just dont want to put enough time/effort in this, thats it.

Good or bad, judge for yourself

• InTheBushes321
    InTheBushes321 Member Posts: 72

Bro, the toolbox change is a buff. They do gens faster, and now that you don't lose items upon depletion, people will just not use boxes for the first part of the match when the killer has no pressure anyway, and do the latter gens even faster.

Ruin was a band aid fix for trash map design (because the map design in this game is completely terrible) and fast gen speeds. It didn't even entirely fix the problem but it helped. Other than it being highly debatable if it "wasn't healthy for the game", because the people who felt it the worst were bad survivors, it's a problem that the devs themselves are responsible for.

• Shirokuro

It definitely felt like a nerf to me during the PTB since every toolbox was gone in 3-4 seconds and you have a limited amount of toolboxes in a match. Besides, it's supposed to be a nerf so devs will probably tweak them more before the live patch if the numbers actually buffed them.

And now that Ruin is out of the way making stats all wonky, they can focus more on balancing other things. Buffing weak killers who were depending on that perk alone for example.

• Shirokuro

I'm not saying they never fail at things. It's the fact that people assume that every change can be done in a second and the devs only care about one side or the other, money etc. that really pisses me off.

There's almost no thread where you won't see a snarky comment how the devs are garbage and should borderline lose their jobs. Related to the issues or not.

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

Yer like changing the speed off sabo to 2.5 seconds real great idea there i wonder which side that helps out more survivor or killer, they have bigger things to fix and change but they need to make it even more easy for survivors to sabo a hook and to be able to do it in front off the killers face while all the killer can do is stand there and go the devs don't favor one side at all this is fair for me somehow i'm sure off it.

• Shirokuro

I'm quite certain they will increase it so that it's not possible to sabo a hook during the time your attack is on cooldown after a successful hit. If that change is made, I don't really see any problem with the changes. Survivors need to sabo just in time at the right hook or else it won't work at all. Before survivors could 99% every hook and it took 0.1 seconds to sabo every hook at that point, which is definitely worse since you couldn't react to that almost at all.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Well , what do you expect from this "community"?

Go read some of the comments on the subreddit. You'll have a field day.

• BigBubs

Yep.

You don't circlejerk , don't bother commenting. Unless you want every single X main to downvote you and then tell you their entitled crap ,completely ignoring what you said or spinning what you had said in a way to make it into something completely different and not what you had even said and then answer you. And of course they are always right.

I play both sides but I can't tell the amount of times people accused me of being killer/survivor main , just because I dare not agree when I see something really broken suggested by one of these "mains" who don't see to think it through and don't care about how the other side will deal with it.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

The noise bug is incredibly annoying not being able to hear a survivor grunting on the floor can make killers lose momentum worse than DS if you don't pick them up straight away!

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

See the key word you used there "if" there has been no word about them changing it and if i right you also can't hook someone if a survivor is in the middle off sabo a hook, if i'm right on that another smart idea to help survivors the killers should get 1 preference when it comes to a hook if your half way into a sabo the killer should be able to hook the survivor and your forced off the hook, just like killers can't kick a gen when survivors are working on it.

I could be wrong about that second part but if i'm not then how is that fair to the killers all its doing is helping the survivors even more.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

*unpatched for how long now?

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Gotta give props to the forums for not being as completely insufferable as the subr*ddit

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

I think the reason they prioritized ds was because doc was just reworked so obviously they would try to fix him first. And for nurse no one plays her so no ones reporting the bugs so obviously it wont be prioritized

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    edited March 2020

Because people think they are the only ones on this planet and everything circles around them.

• BigBubs

That's why I'm still coming here and stopped checking the sub a while ago.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

People approach the hook from behind as you're trying to hook, blocking the prompt, protecting themselves with the hook itself as the killer can't swing through, forcing the killer to go around to try and stop it (which often guarantees the Sabo barring the killer is running Agitation and didn't lose any momentum/speed), and a portion of the wiggle meter meter if they decide to drop and chase.

Pretty fun!

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

You can see/hear people talking / posting things like this everywhere. Its just regular people with biased opinion.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

The OP may have whatever opinion they wish but this coin has two sides.

On one hand there are people that complain without any actual validity to their claims or do it simply to stay in an agreeable echo chamber.

On the other hand you have the people who actually critisise BHVR and DBD for legitimate reasons, typically offering reasoning behind their mindset with facts, statistics or just things they wish to see different.

BHVR shouldn't be targeted with the hate the first group I mentioned pushes upon them but they are also not untouchable saints. Many of the core issues the game faced back in the day are still present today. Many times BHVR has shown a disconnect between the community desires and the internal teams desires. It also leaves a poor taste in your mouth when you see game-breaking issues take months to get fixed yet 6 new designer jean micro-transaction cosmetics just released for Claudette!

While I get seeing people posts anything negative can become frustrating (especially if its something you enjoy) you need to filter the trolls from the community members with legitimate concerns. You also need to remember that just because someones thoughts or ideas don't align with your own doesn't mean they are being "a salty troll/outrage baby", provided of course that they are not simply screaming for the sake of screaming, and try to take a look at DBD history as a whole.

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

Clearly you are an entitled IRL main. Don't you know it's only paranoia if they aren't out to get you! The only thing worth living for is this game awarding max BP (blood pressure)! Git gud!

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

First off, they only care about money. They do this for a living, so they don't care about customer opinions or quality of product, so long as it isn't affecting the bottom line.

Bugs don't get fixed for a long time, unless they are survivor bugs. They've proved this time and time again. See the nurse speed glitch and huntress glitch.

Balance changes in the last 6 months have all been major nerfs to killer and buffs to survivor. This patch is no different.

They always fall back on the give it time and we need data, but with the number of matches that happen per day, it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks for balance changes to happen. Funny that they manage to get cosmetics out quickly. Its almost like balance and bug fixes don't bring in money.

This game isn't dead because it doesn't have a quality competitor.

It's not a tinfoil hat theory if its actually happening. They don't care about killer, this is getting more and more concrete with every patch. They will continue this trend until it hurts their pocketbook.

• DanteMorello
    DanteMorello Member Posts: 142

It is a loud minority. Unskilled players and console gopniks.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539

What does "y'all" mean, for those of us who speak regular English?

• SpookyMeerkat
    SpookyMeerkat Member Posts: 23

It means "you all" it's relaxed slang generally accepted in the English dialects of people who aren't needlessly pretentious about the way people communicate.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

We aren't wearing tin foil hates.

The devs have a track record.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

It's not tinfoil hat it's literal facts.

It's an observable scenario that we've seen play out already hence the people pointing it out.

That being said it won't change anything, it's why I tell people to take DBD as it is. If you enjoy it the way it is now great, but if you have issues with it's balance or bugs or other major problematic areas, just play a different game- the devs would probably tell you the same.

I do not think it's out of greed or anything that malicious, I suspect it's stubborness or just the fact it's an old game from when their team was small and still learning and it's hard as hell to fix things now because of it.

I bear no ill will, I make no false statements, the latter part is just a theory but it has to be something because there is an obvious issue and thus it would have to have a cause, that is just basic fact.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

It could be much worse, at least BHVR does not engage in censorship.

Games like War Thunder, or games run by chinese or russian development firms- if you were to say "I think ___ is a disappointment and was poorly handled because _____" and made a good point they would moderate your post or warn you or something especially if it garnered attention. I know because I literally said I felt that how they handled the e-100 event release thing was disappointing and should have had more thought put into it ahead of time in a profile feed so they permanently muted my profile feeds.

As long as BHVR has integrity I can literally overlook anything else and keep playing the game. Mistakes and errors are understandable, maliciousness is never excusable.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Nurse has a bug that affects survivors. I get it, it's unfun to play with a killer at 150% speed.

But she has MANY more bugs than that one, I found a new one where she can't port through the exit gates in the Saloon map.

She walks through mud after you pull someone off a gen for a couple of seconds, you can't use your 2nd blink many times.

And there are MANY dead zones that haven't been fixed yet.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377

If you’ve decided to have a look at the new map and tried to sabo the hooks, you’re going to have a problem. The main road is almost always in walking distance which has around 4 hooks scattered along it, not mentioning the hooks you’ll be seeing on the way. Hopefully the devs give this type of treatment to older maps however as (especially on swamp) you encounter the issue with one hook in walking distance.

• AlexisFox
    AlexisFox Member Posts: 127

So the devs take the time to address an issue survivors had been having for quite a while and that means their actions demonstrate that they are survivor sided despite the 17 previous patches where they nerfed survivors and buffed killers? (Number may not be completely accurate but the accurate number is still a sufficiently large number to make the point.) Devs taking the time to deal with issues affecting one side at a time does not mean they are favoring one side or the other, it just means they are letting the change play for a bit to gauge what people do with it so they can determine the next thing that needs to be adjusted. It's not possible to foresee everything that will be affected by any change.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

She clearly has some game breaking bugs. Ironically one of them is actually in her favor. But can get you banned for taking advantage of it.