How I'd change Decisive Strike

Cheers
Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

The main point if Decisive Strike is to be an anti tunnel perk, yet often it acts as anything but an anti tunnel perk.

So as that's what it's meant to be, that's how it should he adjusted.

If a survivor even taps a generator within the timeframe of the perk, the timer goes down to zero.

You're not being tunneled if the killer just rotates around generators and eventually finds you.

Comments

• TheEdster
    TheEdster Member Posts: 41

What do you think about this?

The perk deactivates when: The Killer hooks someone else within those 60 seconds. When the Survivor is fully healed. When the timer expires.

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357

How about instead of changing DS - The people who constantly moan about it and post new topicas saying the same thing over and over again just change the record instead?

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357

There are hundreds of discussions in here about it. Just post on one of the other billion posts about it where you all ######### and moan about the same thing and have your "fixes" instead of making a new discussion every day like your idea is fresh and new.

It is tedious seeing the constant whining about DS. Not a survivor main either before you come back with that "gem" of a response.

• Ancheri
    Ancheri Member Posts: 157

There was similar post some weeks ago. I'm not sure who posted it, but I found it to be a great fix to DS.

Increase the timer (possibly to 90 secs or sth), but as soon as the affected survivor starts an action such as repairing, sabotaging, opening an exit gate or cleansing a totem, deactivate DS.

The increased timer is not inevitably necessary, but I mean... Why not? You as a survivor have the choice to be either completely useless for literally one and a half minute or you deactivate DS if you think you are save. Also more than often people get tunnelend but manage to buy at least some time (~40 secs) just to be slugged and picked up shortly after the timer runs out.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I like these "increase rate" ideas a lot more than the "if you're healing you're safe and can't be being tunneled so remove ds", often times the killer can down both people at the hook and they could just hook the unhooker to disable your DS and it would still be tunneling, but these ideas imo are by far the best to curve the "abuse" of DS, although I don't have an issue with DS these are the fairer ways of nerfing it.

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

Maybe the reason why Decisive Strike is discussed a lot is because it’s potentially the best perk in the game, still.

A free 60 second timer to repair a gen to 80% for free, or make dumb plays in the killers face and get rewarded for it.

I play both sides equally and I think Decisive Strike is the best perk in the game, and I want it to get changed to where it isn’t as oppressive as it is right now but it still exists.

I really would love to see a meta shakeup because playing against DS atleast once every single game is just boring and I hate the gameplay it promotes. (Slugging, making stupid plays in killers face and getting rewarded for it)

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

Exactly! If there were things for outright removing DS it would be unusable, the only thing that should shut off the timer completely is getting into a locker. Everything else should just get slowly chipped down to make it less of a free timer.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Is an ok change imo.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I think we should just make it so

1: If the killer hooks another survivor, DS shuts off

2: If the person saved is healed they lose their DS

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187

People can say whatever the hell they want, the forums are for these recurring discussions incase better ideas arise

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Just disable at end game. You had all match to not get tunneled.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Timer going back to 0 is too extreme in my opinion.

I think it would be fair if it went down twice as fast if you are working on a generator.

• rhodamia
    rhodamia Member Posts: 275

Bah, you can always slug it out, eat the ds to get it out of the way (if it's early game). I recommend slug.

What needs to be fixed is the grab portion only. It's at least a start. The ability to FORCE the killer to eat the stun or let you go is too much. Particularly in lockers as it's the only one the killer can't counter. The 90 second locker of immunity.

• PlantCollector
    PlantCollector Member Posts: 344

I like your idea, but if the guy from the hook goes straight back to the gen and works for like 4 seconds on it before you down him again he will lose so little time. You still have to slug him for almost the same time as you would have to at this current state of the game and there's no punishment for this behavior. I still like the deactivating clause more but that's just me.