Who is the most balanced killer?

Options
ermsy
ermsy Member Posts: 581

As title suggests and I mean the full package, including add-ons etc.

Comments

• MTK
    MTK Member Posts: 77
    Options

Im guessing by "balanced" you mean a fair tradeoff between pros and cons? I'd say Oni. He can ramp up in strength if he gets good first few hits and make the survivors bleed, spiraling him out of control during the mid-late game. But survivors have very strong options to deny him early game because he's pretty much a generic m1 killer until he can snowball from his first power.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

Oni. He punishes Survivors for letting him hit them in his unpowered state and becomes a massive beast with extreme mobility and chase potential, but only if you know how to outplay the Survivors with your demon dash at loops. High-skill, high-reward.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,660
    Options

I honestly think Demo is the most balanced.

Demo has basically the whole shabang with his kit minus an instadown. Small amount of stealth, map pressure and awareness of survivors, is able to counter some loops and can fake out his power forcing mistakes. Demo can do it all without being overly oppressive and OP and I think it makes him the funnest killer to go against when the person is a pro as well as being the most balanced.

• Nøti
    Nøti Member Posts: 12
    Options

I'd say either demo, oni or even pig, i think oni might be a stretch because of add-ons but he usually has a slow early game and he makes it back up during the mid/end game so if survivors play really well during end game and/or oni plays really well during early game it's really anyones game, demo is just really fun and not even that strong, he's strong enough that he's at least playable and can be won with but he's not too broken where if you find a demo you auto lose, i think with any background on killer you can pick up demo super easy and have a fair match against survivors, pig is where it's a bit iffy but i think she's really balanced, yeah her boxes can have horrendous rng but that's just any part of a game, but i think the most important part determining how balanced she is, is honestly just knowledge about her dash and crouching, if you know some of the dashing/crouching techniques she can be super fun and you'll usually have a super close game, or at least i do, i don't go out of my way to play her super well or anything but i still think most of my games with her are super fair despite having terrible trap rng

could just be my thoughts but i definitely think it's one of these 3, but feel free to disagree and call me stupid or anything because that's usually what happens if you post your opinion online

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

Huntress

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736
    Options

Billy

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

Billy

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408
    Options

Billy 100%. He can be looped, there is a massive difference between bad and good Billies, skilled killers can make him pretty tough to face.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    Options

Base Billy no add-ons, he's like the standard. Billy is what every Killer in dbd should be like if not better than him. Unfortunately BHVR doesn't look at making balanced killers so we get Killers with underwhelming powers and perks on cooldowns. Really sad wish we could just go back before spirit was released when we didn't have cool down bars on powers.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Huntress.

All of her strengths have a weakness to compensate. Lethal range? Slower base movement. Hum to replace TR, so that TR perks aren't godly on her. Rewards skilled play, but is somewhat difficult to use effectively. Can shut down some loops easily, but has a "limited" resource to do so. Map pressure in the form of her hum too hat can keep some survivors wary.

And all of this is base kit, and not reliant on other player's skill.

I don't know what people are going on about saying that Hillbilly is. He has virtually no penalty for being bad with his power compared to other killers, and the whole "he's able to be looped" is not a point in that regard because it relies on the skill of your opponent, and is not part of balancing. Oni is a balanced version of Hillbilly because you have to earn the same powers and have them for a limited time.

• DrownedFish
    DrownedFish Member Posts: 107
    Options

Nurse

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Billy is the most balanced killer. He can't get genrushed by missing mobility and gets rewarded for good plays with his chainsaw while not being uncounterable.

• MegMain98
    edited March 2020
    Options

Pretty much agree with this ^

How well you do as Huntress is pretty much reliant on how skilled you are at throwing hatchets. She has pretty good control in a chase and isn’t dependent on a survivor making a mistake.

She has a very strong power with downsides like that she is 110% and has to reload her power.

There is also quite a bit of counterplay to playing against Huntress as well.

The only thing holding her back is that a majority of maps are not kind to her, but she can still do well on most maps.

Killers like Nurse, Spirit, and Billy are NOT OP but they are just a bit too powerful to be considered the most “balanced killers”. They are the BEST killers but it doesn’t mean they are the most balanced.

• NursesBootie
    Options

What does an Oni do, when he gets thompson house and wvery survivor drops every pallet safe?

• MegMain98
    Options

What every other killers does. Lose. If the survivors are good players, split gens, and make little mistakes then you probably won’t win. Doesn’t matter whether you’re playing Oni or Billy. Even Spirit and Nurse will struggle hard in the scenario.

• NursesBootie
    Options

Nurse and Spirit care about pallets? That's new for me.

My point is: Oni gets his power with basic M1 hits. The survivors can completely deny his power by just dropping safe pallets, not mechanically playing good. He got too much counterplay to be the most balanced killer.

• MegMain98
    edited March 2020
    Options

Spirit can’t do much about safe pallets. She still has to break them just like every other killer. Nurse, not so much...but she is still gonna struggle.

If the player is even halfway decent, they’re still gonna get a hit. Once Oni has his power he starts to snowball hard. In Blood Fury he really doesn’t care about safe pallets or safe windows. Billy’s power isn’t as strong as Oni but he can use it all the time. Both have their upsides/downsides.

But doesn’t counterplay mean something is balanced? Players complained that Nurse and Spirit had little counterplay and they’re still not considered “balanced” because the entire round is going to revolve around how good the Spirit can hear and track and how skilled the Nurse is at blinking. The survivor skill doesn’t play a huge factor.

It’s supposed to be PVP not “how skilled the killer is”. You don’t feel outplayed by your opponent when your skill is irrelevant.

• NursesBootie
    Options

That's my problem with oni. You're skill doesn't matter when the survivor just drops the safe pallet.

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

It's just one map out of how many? I wanna cry at certain maps as particular killers, but hey. There are offerings to help eliminate some of the RNG of the map selection.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 453
    Options

with addons? well then... sorry Billy & Huntress. Uuuuuh... i guess Oni then, maybe Demi

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

I think his base power should be what the devs go for lol it has mobility,anti loop and also skill is involved his insta addons are really strong tho what I’d do is keep the insta saw but put it into a pink addon

• NursesBootie
    Options

Thompson house was just an example. ~60-70% of the maps got enough safe pallets to counter oni that way. And a map offering everytime? Cmon.

• MegMain98
    Options

Safe pallets don’t only counter Oni. Wraith? Pig? Billy? Demogorgon? The list goes on. Most killers HAVE to break the pallet.

I usually don’t have an issue with having so many safe pallets that I can’t get an early hit. The only map I really have troubles with is The Game map because all of the pallets are unmindgameable. Usually I can moonwalk and get a hit on a survivor at a basic jungle gym.

What maps in particular do you think have THAT many safe pallets?

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    Options

This game is not supposed to be a PvP, it's a team game you work as 1 unit for a chance to escape the entity's realm. Survivors shouldn't be able to 1v1 a killer if they're both equally skilled.

• NursesBootie
    Options

Other killers got their power. They can do way more, even on those maps, than oni.

Examples for maps with many safe pallets: all corn maps except rotten fields, all autohaven maps, all macmillan maps, all red forest maps and a few more.

The only maps that favor oni are lery's and hawkins pretty much. Coal tower is okay too.

• MegMain98
    Options

It’s PVP because you’re going against actual players, not bots. I never said you’re supposed to be able to 1V1 a killer, of course you aren’g supposed to. PVP is just a general term used when you’re going against other players, not a computer generated bot.

• MegMain98
    Options

You lost me there.

Lery’s and Hawkins do NOT favor Oni. He can’t even use his power half of the time. There is too many tight corners and you can’t physically round the corners as fast as survivors can hug them. The entire map is just tight corners.

Autohaven and MacMillan maps are relatively balanced when compared to other maps. They can spawn a lot of pallets but they aren’t uber safe the the ones on The Game.

• NursesBootie
    Options

There's where our different opinions come from i guess. :)

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Billy. He has an actual threatening power and unlike most other killers except for maybe Huntress, his addons are useful and not gimmicky.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I think with balanced most people mean a killer that when played optimally, against optimal survivors, has pretty much a 50/50 chance of winning or losing, just like the survivors have a 50/50 chance of winning or losing.

Oni can definitely feel overwhelming when he has his power, and as a survivor you can get into situations more easily than against other killers where you can't do anything and get downed against him. But the fact that he has to spend time not having any power at all gives survivors a fair chance of winning as well.

• ad19970
    Options

Probably Hillbilly, Freddy, Oni and maybe Doctor.

• ad19970
    Options

If people aren't good with his power they probably won't be getting many downs with it. And why does the point that he can be looped not count? That doesn't really make sense. Of course how good a survivor can counterplay a killer relies on their skill as survivor.

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

Well, you have a weapon, USE IT. Your hammer is your weapon, the chainsaw is a power.

As for being looped, that us entirely based on the skill of other players. A character's balance should be independent on what the other team can do to them.

There are exceptions here like Plague and her Corrupt Purge or Clown in general, but when Hillbilly is consistently top 3 on tier lists, then the point is kind of irrelevant. There are things in his kit to compensate for a few particular loops.