Suggestion to make SWF notification for killers.

Options

So for title and since SWF is one of the major problems with this game besides gen rushing, I suggest an idea that there needs to be a SWF notification for killers before a match starts. Instead of removing SWF which people won't like I think it would be better for an option for killer to know they want to play with them or not. Now I know this could cause killer players to avoid them, but they are doing so anyway. At least it's fair for both sides to know who they are playing against especially killers who sometimes have no idea of they are in a group or not and leave regardless.

I think this would help a lot in balance and knowing beforehand, rather than arguments about removing SWF or penalising them for just wanting to play with thier friends. Also for players who want solo play.

Comments

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    Options

Every killer would dodge swf. Groups will never be able to play.

• bydelight
    bydelight Member Posts: 4
    Options

I concur.

May be, make it a notification at the end of the match ?

This would give killer players some extra info to understand the game and learn.

• FMLN92
    FMLN92 Member Posts: 20
    Options

Yeah, if killer can be told they are about to play against a SWF group, then it can help them know what to expect.

• JakConstantine
    JakConstantine Member Posts: 118
    Options

As I said it's happening anyway regardless in fact worse because some killers who leave don't realise they are in a group or not. Killers are leaving even if the players aren't in a group.

• bydelight
    bydelight Member Posts: 4
    Options

It seems that you're talking about killers quiting a match.

"Dodging a lobby" means : not entering the match.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Speak for yourself. I m myself like to play against SWF. I also play swf with my girlfriend and i dont see anyone dodging. If killer dodge they will simply be replaced by killers that want to play against swf or just dont care about it at all.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

The only reasons because killers leaving too often(not that it bears any damage since lobby doesnt close for survivors) is high ping, they dont like when survivors are not ready cause they expect them to bring a key at the 6 second.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

I'd be fine with it showing at the end game screen. The amount of times I've been accused of being SWF as solo is hilarious! I honestly feel that a lot of "killer mains" think any good survivors HAVE to be SWF and that they cant lose for any other reason...

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    Options

If Killer could see SWF survivors at the end screen, they will be less frustrated, knowing that they got outplayed not with pure solo skill, but communication and coordination.

• JakConstantine
    JakConstantine Member Posts: 118
    Options

That's not true. There are many reasons for one which I've seen myself and mentioned. Also seen streamers themselves avoiding SWF groups too.

• kaylawake
    kaylawake Member Posts: 15
    Options

You already can tell if two tallies load in together. You wouldn’t be able to when servers are back but it absolutely shouldn’t matter. So many ransoms have aura perks. It makes absolutely no difference. Other than that there’s no way for them to tell if everyone is just in a party together or SWF. Some SWF don’t have mics. Just assume everyone is SWF and get on with it

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

1) matching was altered in order to hide the swf there as killers were dodging lobbies that had people load in together. now they are loading in together if there are 4 people (3 people plus one rando, etc) they may or may not be a swf.

2) the only way to remove swf is to remove the capability to invite your friends and they made that easier than it was before, I doubt they are going to drop SWF all together. Many people would stop playing this game if they can't play with their friends. all other games SIMILAR (not the same) as dbd allow people to form teams before going in. I know I'd stop playing as much if not all together.

3) Servers are here and operating they have gone no where. sometimes there are not enough people in a queue to put 4 in with one killer so yes it is still possible to catch the 2 man and 3 man teams. Still if 4 load in at the same time it is possible but not guarented to be a 4 stack swf.

• XRuecian
    XRuecian Member Posts: 118
    Options

Hopefully they will just take SWF into account more heavily when it comes into matchmaking after the changes. If they want to match me up against a SWF, then i expect them to take that into consideration when choosing what ranks to put me against, to compensate for the advantage they are gaining. I normally don't mind going up against SWF if they are near my skill level. But it seems like MOST of the time, when i get into a lobby and i can tell its a 3 or 4 man SWF group, it usually ends up with them being red ranked and way way more experienced than me. So i usually just have to dodge the lobby, otherwise im just going to get destroyed.

Rather than showing me if the survivors are in a SWF, i would rather just be able to see their ranks (or at least their rank color) so i can make a fair judgement if i am being put up against proper opponents. It is especially bad at certain times of the day. When i play during peak hours, i get plenty of opponents at my own skill level and games feel fun. But then later at like 3am, i tend to just get thrown against red rank groups over and over. I would much rather wait LONGER in queue to get a fair match, than have them rush me into a game that is unfair or unfun to play against.