So you can now hide in bushes and be 100% invisible

Options
2ยป

Comments

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

btw, do you ever test your updates or you leave it for the test server? yes or yes? ๐Ÿ˜

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

It's it already well known that maps are designed to look nice and any idea of balance isn't taken into account in the slightest . That may be the reason why almost every killer is doing terrible in his own map.

They just look nice. None of the devs appear to give a flying spaghettio about any shape of balance.

Gens are a big problem in many games but it's apparently good idea to add more hoops for killer to jump through.

Let's make all killers 110% and let's remove bloodlust. Survivors will have great fun then as killers will never catch up.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Months ago, the devs changed Claudette's P3 skin so that this skill-free "turning invisible in your face"-situations would get removed from the game. So the devs either changed their opinion and this is now intended, or they should make adjustments to the new map.

Stealth is breaking line of sight, which takes skill and should absolutely be part of the game.

Sitting in the killer's face and becoming invisible because the survivor's skin looks the same as the environment has nothing to do with skill.

Would be great if the devs could let us know whether the situation with the new map is intentional or not.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Claudette is the most OP character in the game yet this somehow gets overlooked as people focus on Nurse/Spirit.

I played KYF and my friend his as claudette in a bush and I must have walked past so many times as he laughed at the fact I kept missing him and walking past and he was in a bush not moving

• rephaim
    rephaim Member Posts: 96
    Options

Oh god. I don't like this. I don't like a bush morphing around any character cloaking them forcing me to walk into them and use soundless collisions to find a survivor blind as they take advantage of what i assume is a big or bad design.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

I actually like this feature for both killer and survivor. As survivor I can turn completely invisible in a blink of an eye and as killer I play the game "where did the p3 Claudette go?"

I always win this game xd

• rephaim
    rephaim Member Posts: 96
    Options

I have to buy those gamer raybans to play now? Oh lordt

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options

just walk through it, i don't see what's the big deal

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,904
    Options

Killers complain when survivors loop and killers complain when survivors hide (pretty funny). It's fine.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I played a match as killer and survivors kept vanishing in the new map, until I realised the bushes hid them very well. Then I played as a survivor and tried it out. Indeed, the bushes can hide you really well, maybe more than was needed.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

This.

Yeah Survivors ar3 invisible in the new map's bushes, but they're not doing gens by hiding in a bush. The immersed Survivor is free to have tons of fun staring at a shrub for 3 minutes while I play a 3v1.

It's not like you can't pull similar stuff off on other maps.

And if someone just crouches midchase you feel around. When you bump into something you get a free hit.

If someone pulls off a Houdini midchase without Poised then that's just me getting outgamered. I mean, you move at near double their speed while they walk or crouch: their timing has to be amazing if they pull off an 'around the corner vanishing act' and aren't found again instantly. And if I stopped looking at them that's my fault.

The only problem here is that the shrubs obscure scratchmarks. That happens on Swamp and Yamaoka too and it's annoying as heck because that's just the game not doing what it should be doing.

Unless of course certain parts of specific maps just saying "f u" to all Killers' primary tracking ability is intended.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

I had too much fun with those bushes as survivor, that's when I realised what I'm gonna have to deal with as a killer

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156
    Options

Little trick I use as a killer if I think someone is in the bush I head for it. If they move at all the bush has a dead giveaway animation that someone is there as half the bush animates and moves. If they stay still I just attack the bush. Either way ill find out if your there one way or another.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,031
    Options

The whole map should just be bushes. Take forever for a killer to find a survivor and take forever for a survivor to find a gen. At least the game would be long, and thats all we want...right? lol

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Skillful hiding is fine, skill-free hiding isn't.

Also killers don't complain about looping itself but about bad map design, but that's an issue for another thread.

• rubber
    rubber Member Posts: 4
    Options

you guys ever thought that maybe, just maybe BHVR didn't/doesn't want this game to be as competitive and toxic as it is? And they don't really care if it is or isn't as long as people keep dumping money into it? Maps do not necessarily need to be for certain killers, they're just killer themed. Stealth is just as much a part of the game as looping is. Intended/unintended it has become fairly obvious that BHVR has all but left the "fun" aspect to the players. Both killers and survivors have a fair amount of perks/skills that are absolutely unbalanced and can make the game simply unenjoyable, but BHVR doesnt go by word of mouth and community discussions, it goes by data and statistics. Unfair ######### only changes when it is abused enough.

Message is simple. Don't like this part of the game? Abuse it.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2020
    Options

Both is fine. Just walk around in the bushes if you suspect someone might be hiding in one. If someone is hiding in a bush they aren't working on gens. Not a big deal.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569
    Options

Static blast and static shock no hiding from the doctor

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

This new map's bushes do not please me as killer.