Deathslinger Buffs and QoL changes.

Options
6yXJI0
6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
edited March 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

1) Sleight of Hand - After you hit a survivor with your basic attack, you will reload your gun instead of wiping blood. This reload animation can be modified with STBFL. If your gun is reloaded, you will play wiping animation instead.

Why: Its hard to keep the pace. Even if you hit, you have to reload and then chase with your victim with 110% speed. With this change you will be rewarded for precise shot-hits and won't waste so much time on manual reloading.

2) Breaking a pallet when pulling a survivor on it. (But after pallet breaks, you will get stunned briefly. Survivor will have same effect as if chain was broken prematurely. Deep Wound) Same stun time as Demogorgon's pallet shred animation. Or alternative!: Pallet is broken, Deathslinger is stunned for 1.5 seconds, survivor is unnaffected.

Why: 80% of pallets are completely safe against DSlinger. Survivor can just wait on another side of a pallet and be fine. You can't punish them like Huntress can. Also Demogorgon's shred or Oni's charged attack. You can prevent those from hitting you with the cost of one pallet.

3) Increase Harpoon hitbox (radius where it can hit a survivor only, not objects) or make hits Clientside.

Why: So many times i shot survivors in their arses, but hits didn't register. You can see many frustrating samples with missing harpoons, even when they hit visually.

What do you think? Right now deathlinger is high risk - mediocre reward killer. You get punished hard for missing shots and not get rewarded for longshots (like huntress), since survivor can break easily on far harpoons with a piece of rock.

Post edited by 6yXJI0 on

Comments

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

I really like ideas 1 and 2.

It takes soooo long to catch up to survs after getting hits even if you manage to actually land your power hits. This would help him a out a bit with his extreme catch up times without making him 115, that would be too strong.

Idea 2 is also great. Hes really easy to counter by just throwing pallets early. Even if it means going through pallets more quickly, this would help with his map pressure tremendously. Since he can get pallets broken quickly against survivors who arent cautious.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

The way Deep Wound works, idea 2 is impossible. The mechanic relies on survivors to be injured for Deep Wound to function. Honestly, if people are gonna be braindead and drop pallets early, then you just gotta adapt to it. People do it vs Huntress and Clown, there are ways around it, other times the pallet must be broken; doesn't mean the killer should have a function that ignores that lazy style of play from survivors though.

• 6yXJI0
    edited March 2020
    Options

If survivor is healthy, he will get injured and get a deep wound.

If survivor is injured, he will get a deep wound.

If survivor is injured and with a deep wound, he will be unaffected.

Pallet will break regardless of those.

• Onyx_Blue
    Options

@6yXJI0 Ah ok, the way you phrased it said it only applied Deep Wound with no Injury. Makes you wonder what the point is then, really. You're giving the survivor a burst of speed from the Spear and also breaking the pallet with a stun, as opposed to no speed burst granted and a pallet break which is pretty much the same duration as the stun...

• 6yXJI0
    edited March 2020
    Options

My bad. I edited to make it clear.

Stun should be shorter for pallet break. 4 seconds is too long. Should be same as demogorgon's, when he breaks pallet with shred. But survivor will get a speed boost, to compensate.

OR

Survivor is unaffected but pallet is broken and you stunned briefly.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Why would idea 2 be impossible? What does the Deep Wound thing do to make that idea not work?

• 6yXJI0
    Options
  • TotallyNotAlpharius
    TotallyNotAlpharius Member Posts: 12
    Options

Yeah. The deathslinger seems to slow for the current meta.

Gens are popping too fast even with gameslowing perks. The killer, perhaps, is fine on 10-15 ranks.

Chasing down one survivor even with landing all the shots takes too much time. I'd rather increase the speed of pulling the survivors, or somehow reward the Deathslinger for landing longrange shots, like the coin does.

• Onyx_Blue
    Options

@TAG as in, the way they first phrased it made it seem like a survivor would only be applied Deep Wound and not be put into injured also

• Onyx_Blue
    Options

@6yXJI0 I dunno if I like that idea. Some pallets are realy safe, but that doesn't mean he hasn't got the tools or the playstyle to get them before the drop happens. Giving him even more stronger chase tools may make him seem bs to vs by a lot of players. I've heard the idea said before and I haven't been sold on it yet. Maybe you can sell me on the idea of this addition to Redeemer's functionality?

• 6yXJI0
    edited March 2020
    Options

Its the same thing as with Demogorgon. If survivors don't want to get downed, they will feed pallet to a Demogorgon's Shred. I want same thing with Deathslinger. You shoot a survivor, but he managed to drop a pallet, then this shot wasn't wated (Pallet is broken and you only have to reload your gun). Right now if you shoot a survivor and there is pallet between you, then its a wasted shot, since you need cancel chain, break the pallet and then reload your gun. Survivor will make huge distance and this thing can repeat again.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Ahhh, okay. Gotcha. My mind kinda just filled that blank in for me and didn't notice it was missing. ^_^;;