The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors should be able to pick themselves up perkless

2»

Comments

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

It should be an ability exclusively for the last survivor. If you are the last surv, AND your comrades are dead, not escaped, you can pick yourself up like No Mither

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Yeah, im trying to find a very balanced way of actually fixing that specific issue without making it something people can use willy nilly. It's not perfect as it is now, but its slowly getting there. Now here's to hoping that something like that actually gets implemented, or that BHaviour actually start taking reports of unfun killers/survivors seriously. Things would be so much better if extreme genrushers would only be facing the extreme slug campers.

• Predated

That would be way to easily abused though. You could have a friend DC while on hook, just in case you're close to the hatch but too far to reach it, giving someone a free hatch which they otherwise would not have reached. Which is much less of a rare situation than being slugged and left alone for prolonged times.

• Predated

I dont understand why people still think its even comparable to no mither or unbreakable. What I am describing is far from that. If there are other survivors who can and should heal you, its in your best interest not to do it yourself. Its something you should only be really wanting to do as a last resort. Unbreakable and No Mither can be done pretty willy nilly.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I understand. I just fail to see why it's a problem when people have that same option on the hook anyway. I agree it's not entirely different from a disconnect, but it's not like it isn't already a thing in a different way. Plus just out of personal preference, I'd rather have to face that as killer than have to face being slugged until bleedout again as survivor. People already "waste the killer's time" with regular disconnects so they'll do it regardless. But again, that's just my personal preference. I acknowledge not everybody may think like I do.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Yes giving survivors free no mither without any drawbacks isn´t a buff sure. You know that balancing the game around survivors who can´t hit skillchecks is exactly what we don´t want ? Good survivors will never miss small skillchecks otherwise skillcheck Doc would be a meta build and not complete meme build. I have no idea how you can call this anything else but a buff since it´s massive anti preassure nerf to killers. Either you´re new and have no idea how preassure works or just incredibly biased.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

LOLOLOLOL

What is this thread?

Entitled survivor alert, lol

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

Moris and BNPs have nothing to do with slugging and EGC.

Again, if you are going to keep crying about 120 seconds... go play a different game. No one ever wants to hear an entitled survivor or killer on here.

• KayK99
    KayK99 Member Posts: 94

No. Just no.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

no survivors should be able to end their lives while slugged.

First they have to recover the first bar fully, then a new bar starts, fill that one as well and you get the option to end your life.

This is to give a bit more control to survivors while not taking away slugging from killers because Survivors have to still fill up 2 bars (the second bar is not affected by any perks) buying the killer time that slugging is for.

But at the same time it also removes a bit of the toxic abuse slugging can create.

I would even give survivors points for doing so, call it "on your own terms".

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235
    edited March 2020

There should be a ~15 (number debatable due to nomither or unbreakable) sec timer that simply kills/sacrifices/entity-kills all survivors if all remaining survivors are downed or hooked.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

A great skillcheck is pretty much free. Hence why people also say DS is a free escape.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Hostage For a few minutes? Oh honey... people would hold the game hostage for up to AN HOUR. So yes, the EGC was needed.

Now you're just really stretching and grasping at straws.

• Carpemortum

Exactly. The only time I let people bleed out is when I go back to get them, and theyve crawled ######### knows where. So I'll just sit in the center of the map and wait it out with them.

• Predated

Again, if it happens multiple times a week, let alone twice a day, its very much an issue that needs to be taken care of. Sure, its not at the degree of the old times(Because, again, the people who had the time and energy to keep a game hostage for a whole hour was rare AF).

What you people are saying is basically the following: "people being shot nowadays isnt an issue we should look into anymore, because it's much rarer these days and the medical field has grown enough that the vast majority of cases end up fully healing, those people who complain about being shot are really entitled nowadays to wanting to reduce gun violence even further".

2 minutes of not being able to play, adding the matchmaking done for that match too, which is definitely at least 5 minutes on average, which makes it 7 minutes being completely wasted not playing the game. Have that happen to you at least twice a week, and you have 14 minutes adding up weekly where you're wasting time in matchmaking because you're gonna join a game with a killer who has a specific slug build on people who figure it out a bit too late because there is no way of telling that someone has a slug build untill 2 people are already floored. That's almost 1 hour per month. Consistently. Those matches where people held the game hostage for up to an hour? Happened at best 3-4 times a year.

I am acknowledging an issue and trying to find a way to fix it without affecting normal gameplay.

• Predated

DS isnt a great skillcheck tho, its nearly twice its size. That's why its a practical free escape.

• AlsendDrake
    AlsendDrake Member Posts: 103

No, EGC was added because the survivors could, if they saw fit, hang around for as long as they wanted, just hiding in corners to waste the killer's time.

Slugging has an absolute maximum time.

Old gates open did not.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I don't think you should get points for what basically amounts pseudo disconnecting.

If you want to ######### off slugged that's fine but you gain no reward for it.

Your denying an element of strategy on the Killers part. (Do some Killers abuse it yeah doesn't mean you should gimp it)

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

you dont deny anything, we can deside how much time its going to take for that second bar to fill up to keep it balanced, there is a point where strategy goes to abuse, that is how long it should take for that second bar to charge

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

For example Slugging for a 4k isn't abuse

Slugging because you want the Entity to do it or you just want the survivor to bleed out (with some exception like dead zones) is abuse.

A survivor could technically kts in both situations the former is removing strategy on the killer part the latter isn't.

As annoying as it is neither of which should be should be rewarded.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

No. I've had games as a killer where survivors ACTUALLY took my game hostage by hiding for 10-30 minutes in large map. Back then swamp was much larger map. According to survivors this was perfectly fine. Killer slugging may be annoing but you know you WILL die in few minutes.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379

I swear Killers just shouldnt be allowed to apply any pressure towards survivors because you have entitled babies like this complaining about one of the very very few methods killers have to counter broken gen speed

• Carpemortum

You're comparing having to wait 2 minutes to play another game, a video game, to being shot.

I'm done here.

• Carpemortum

Yeah and DS/overcharge/BNP are easier than greats. I'm genuinely surprised when someone doesnt DS me, and then has it. Like HOW did you miss that?

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Just like killers should be able of instantly moring every survivor they down without the use of an actual mori. ;)

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

90% of the killers need slugging to be somewhat playable in high ranks. After this change it would be spirit and nurse every match, because they can actually end chases fast.

• Predated

So? Analogies exist to point out why its wrong. The ability of being forced to wait shouldnt even exist. If your argument doesnt hold up in one way that has the same logic to it, it doesnt hold up in the other way either. The logic being that an issue exists, and even though the severity of the issue is considerably smaller than it used to be, doesnt mean that issue shouldnt be fixed.

• Predated

Nah, if you think im entitled, read up the new post. My whole point is that the inability to play the game without having an option out should not be a position that exists. Just because I see one issue doesnt mean I dont see the other issues.

• Predated

I agree to that, but that doesnt mean that giving anyone the inability to play isnt an issue. It's still a waste of time. It might not be as severe, but severity is not an implication of issues existing.

• Predated

Exactly this. I do not want to impact the overal strategies of killers, however, if you happen to slug 3 people and find the 4th one, leaving the slugged people behind should add a tiny risk. Having unbreakable as a perk isnt exactly a risk, as you're pretty much forcing the usage of unbreakable, which would end up in every single survivor running it instead and having essentially a survivor Ruin. It locks in the meta to specific playstyles and simply isnt fun to play for both sides. That's why I want to add in a little side mechanic and give it as much punishment as possible, even if succeeded.

All in all, I want a lot of things to change. Buffing both killers and survivors will add in a lot more playstyle possibilities.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

Honestly they should also be able to heal without a perk. I mean really, if you can heal others, why can't you heal yourself? They already extend heal time out the wazoo with all the add ons and status effects.