It's time to make WGLF and BBQ base

Reinami
Reinami Member Posts: 5,442
edited March 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

In the case of BBQ i'm not talking about the aura reading.

The bloodpoint bonuses from both of these perks should just be base.

Discuss.

EDIT: My reasoning for this is that WGLF is pointless in that it offers no benefit. In general i think things should not exist that only give a bloodpoint bonus or that do something bad and give you a bloodpoint bonus, like speed limiter and such. However i know if can be argued some people might use it for a challenge.

On top of all that, with so many perks out there now since the game started it feels almost necessary. Especially with survivors now losing addons, they should be able to get this to make it so they can at least replace their addons after a game.

I feel that if i don't take one of these perks i am missing out, meaning every build i have uses these perks.

Post edited by Reinami on

Comments

• Rcin
    Rcin Member Posts: 7

Yes

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Yes

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Please

• Nivek
    Nivek Member Posts: 19

Yes

• SupaSlay3r20
    SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 139

Indeed

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Yes

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Sure.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Yes

• Reinami

Having these in play all the time would also encourage good play. Survivors would be more likely to be altruistic and help each other, rather than just let their teammates die. Killers would be more likely to go after a different person then the one that was just unhooked to get another stack, etc. It promotes fun gameplay on both sides.

• myersismydaddy
    myersismydaddy Member Posts: 232

I mean, sure, but if you give survivors WGLF as base then they will just farm each other off the hooks, and not have to waste a perk slot doing so. One toxic person is enough to ruin the experience of the whole team. I personally think that BBQ for killers as base is okay, but survivors should get base kindred without the killer aura reading. WGLF should be merged with We'll Make It.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

One of the worst things survivors can do is hush hooks and that is what this would encourage. While you dont want survivors to let the hooked survivor die or get into second phase, you generally do want to let them wait a little bit before going to the hook though.

• Reinami

rushing hooks has always been dumb, even with WGLF, its a multiplier, if you rush hooks 2 x 0 is still 0.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Yes. I would love to have double BP every game.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Most people use bt and rush hooks to farm with it. If WGLF was base kit this would be encouraged even more.

• Reinami
    edited March 2020

There are also some slight tweeks you could make that balance this out. For example. maybe you make it stack up to 8 to get the double amount and have all survivors share the same stacks. So if anyone gets the save or a protection hit, all survivors get the bonus.

Point being though, farming hooks with BT and WGLF is pointless. You end up getting <10k points, and oh look, you got double so you barely break 15k. You could get more than that if you just play normally.

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477

No, there should just be double bloodpoint gain by base, because the grind is insane and will only keep getting worse.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,510

Yes please the grind is so annoying especially with having 3 different consoles like pc ps4 and switch. Infact the devs said the reason we have 1 million bp cap is so we dont max a killer when they come out.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

I also agree and the removal of the addons keeping for surivors I think that makes perfect sense now. We that BP to be made baseline for both parties. Not to mentiones for surivors it is exremely hard to get 4 stacks even if you use the perk ...

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

Yes i had to suffer 35 levels of buba to unlock it

• XRuecian
    XRuecian Member Posts: 118

Feels like it'd be hard to convince the devs to do this. Just because i'm willing to bet that they sell bubba like hotcakes because he has BBQ.

I would gladly give up the aura reading ability of BBQ if i could get a 4th perk slot. As someone who still has a lot of grinding and unlocking to do, i basically have to run BBQ/WGLF every game.

It actually blows my mind that WGLF doesn't have any secondary effects. You would think any competent development team would have instantly realized that this is wrong and fixed it LONG AGO. Why would they give the killer a BP doubling perk that actually has some other quite useful effect, while the survivor version does.... nothing at all? Why doesn't it show you the killers aura for 3 seconds after unhooking, making it effectively the same as BBQ. But people have been pointing this out for years now and the devs obviously aren't listening. WGLF has only ever been nerfed, never buffed.

What is more likely is that they will just nerf WGLF completely to not give BP bonus at all, and instead release a new survivor behind a paywall that actually has a useful BP perk instead, that way you have to buy it.

• Reinami

I doubt that they sell bubba much these days and there really is no monetization benefit for bloodpoints, you can't buy them like you can skins.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Yes.

No discussion points to add, just "yes."

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

First WGLF needs a serious rework.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I direct you here (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/135115/the-grind-as-we-are-about-to-reach-19-killers-and-21-survivors#latest) for various thoughts about the grind and reasons why allowing the ease of bloodpoint gain to become more prevalent is a bad idea.

• XRuecian
    XRuecian Member Posts: 118

I don't know why it didnt hit me when i was replying yesterday. But i guess the reason BBQ has the extra effect of showing you auras of far away players is because they want to encourage the killer to leave the hooked person and not camp. Which is a good thing, i guess. But probably still doesn't make it fair that WGLF doesn't give you some kind of information or something as well to make it actually have an effect on the game as a perk. Not to mention that WGLF is way way harder to stack, and there isn't even enough unhooks available in a game for all 4 survivors to get 4 stacks if they wanted. Maybe what they should do is mix Camaraderie (the perk that pauses struggling timer when an ally is nearby) and WGLF together so that it at least does something potentially useful.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

i agree but not for the same reasoning. survivor addons are 100000% free unnecessary bonuses, its been long overdue that we lose them considering killer addons have always been taken after every match (including disconnects and troll games.) the benefits from them are substantially less, yet are still somehow more abusable with coordinated teams. It leads to a weird situation where they're weaker than killer addons, but more exploitable by groups causing the game to suffer for everyone but said groups since they were only lost in a kill (where nobody picked them up off the corpse, mind.)

at this point, BBQ is so bad its only really for the points on almost any killer (save maybe huntress, billy, and nurse can use it properly) and WGLF is legit sacrificing a perk slot to play poorly in an attempt to get more points. Their design philosophy is terrible for their intended roles, and they are actively sacrificing ones potential to have a shot at getting up to double the reward for the match. This doesnt work in a game where a solo survivor is trying to get a near impossible 32k score per match, or one where a killer is sacrificing 1/4th of their entire loadout to not be starved for needed points in the long run.

• Reinami

Wrong. If those addons are so overpowered that seeing them more often is a problem, then they need to fix those addons. Also, maybe instead of directing people to another thread, you keep it in this one.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

Im tired of playing for bp it feels like work to me. Having to use bbq in every build so far when it can be useless here and there ie its there only for bp. I d rather concentrate on wining games.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

You've just focused on the least important part of the comment, breezing past the fact of the matter regarding how I am unable to spend all the add-ons I have before I reach the bp cap.

On the topic of linking other pertinent threads, I'll do it again if only for the reasons specified here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/47254/sort-by-upvoted

Scattered feedback is much less useful than coherent, structured feedback, and would love to see a forum where sharing another person's similar or great idea isn't considered to be just spam or unwanted.

About the original post, encouraging altruism blindly is often the force that kills most of the survivors in my matches, so I'd rather not see (without tests) WGLF implemented into the base game.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    edited March 2020

“bUt tHE bP eConOmY”

relying on RNG to get what you want isn’t fun

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

BBQ is in a licensed character dlc and it's one of the crucial perk to get bp. Do you think bhvr is gonna give up that cash cow so easily?

• Reinami

I don' t think at this point that they make that much money from Bubba for the DLC