Why do we play with those whom are blocked?

Options

Why are we playing with the people we blocked? Theres a reason there blocked and it needs to be fixed cause people have trouble playing with blocked people whom harassed them and or attacked them. People protect there mental and emotional minds from these toxic people. Do not let people play with there blocked ex friends or people whom hurt them. Fix it.

Comments

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

I was under the impression that you don't get matched with blocked individuals. They really should give us the tools to avoid people if they've treated us poorly in a match or outside of a match. Farmers and toxic individuals, for instance. I could do without both. I'm sure it's possible and I'm sure it wouldn't affect matches all that much if they can figure out how to just disable the ability to join lobbies with those people. Even if people use it to avoid good killers, that would mean the people using it would just have the affected lobbies, right? If you don't misuse and abuse the system to just block everyone, you should still get lobbies no problem.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

If you're referring to MLGA it won't work anymore once dedicated servers come out and the blocking feature is too easily abusable. If you get outplayed just block them and say it's because they were toxic, someone didn't unhook you in time or the killer was camping block them.

You could very easily block someone as toxic when they weren't in fact toxic but it just seemed that way due to confirmation bias and remembered toxicity from a prior game(s).

Now with bans active on consoles as well as pc's if someone's toxic report them and they'll dealt with by the mods.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited January 2019
    Options

@DevalManson said:
    Why are we playing with the people we blocked? Theres a reason there blocked and it needs to be fixed cause people have trouble playing with blocked people whom harassed them and or attacked them. People protect there mental and emotional minds from these toxic people. Do not let people play with there blocked ex friends or people whom hurt them. Fix it.

It doesnt happen for the same reason why MLGA is bannable now.
    People would abuse it to block good nurses etc

If someone is really harassing you, then report him such that noone has to suffer anymore

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,589
    edited January 2019
    Options

Steam and DBD matchmaking are not connected, that's why. Two different systems. They would need a block system in DBD itself.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Just leave before they can talk in endgame chat. Or dodge the lobby.
  • OtherwiseErb
    OtherwiseErb Member Posts: 6
    Options

@powerbats said:
    If you're referring to MLGA it won't work anymore once dedicated servers come out and the blocking feature is too easily abusable. If you get outplayed just block them and say it's because they were toxic, someone didn't unhook you in time or the killer was camping block them.

You could very easily block someone as toxic when they weren't in fact toxic but it just seemed that way due to confirmation bias and remembered toxicity from a prior game(s).

Now with bans active on consoles as well as pc's if someone's toxic report them and they'll dealt with by the mods.

This was actually a problem in beta and early Alpha stages. Eventually block feature was removed from he game.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

@fluffybunny said:
    I was under the impression that you don't get matched with blocked individuals. They really should give us the tools to avoid people if they've treated us poorly in a match or outside of a match. Farmers and toxic individuals, for instance. I could do without both. I'm sure it's possible and I'm sure it wouldn't affect matches all that much if they can figure out how to just disable the ability to join lobbies with those people. Even if people use it to avoid good killers, that would mean the people using it would just have the affected lobbies, right? If you don't misuse and abuse the system to just block everyone, you should still get lobbies no problem.

Used too have it, survivors used to to block camping, tunneling or killers who just killed them at all, was removed cuz it was screwing up the lobby and matchmaking. Well deserved loss for all the abuse.

• KoolaidInMyCup
    KoolaidInMyCup Member Posts: 20
    Options

@powerbats said:

I remember back when that was huge in Alpha and Beta and all the toxic killers would get upset because they would have 3 hour long lobby times cause theyd get blacklisted and no one with MGLA would join their games.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Blueberry said:
    Steam and DBD matchmaking are not connected, that's why. Two different systems. They would need a block system in DBD itself.

But they dont want, knowing that the community woudl abuse it heavily which is the reaosn why MLGA is bannable

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,589
    Options

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

But they dont want, knowing that the community woudl abuse it heavily which is the reaosn why MLGA is bannable

Exactly.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    Options

@KoolaidInMyCup said:
    @powerbats said:

I remember back when that was huge in Alpha and Beta and all the toxic killers would get upset because they would have 3 hour long lobby times cause theyd get blacklisted and no one with MGLA would join their games.

I paid for this game therefore I am entitled to play it even if I ruin the fun for others, what's hard to understand?

• KoolaidInMyCup
    KoolaidInMyCup Member Posts: 20
    Options

@MhhBurgers said:

I paid for this game therefore I am entitled to play it even if I ruin the fun for others, what's hard to understand?

I dont understand how you read my post and somehow saw it as an arguement for MLGA? Im confused here. Are you okay?

• DevalManson
    DevalManson Member Posts: 6
    Options

I agree with you. It only makes sense that they keep people who do not get along apart. I have ran into the same person many times for months and I had them blocked and they were being so toxic. I hope its something they fix in the future. Tho they now make it hard to find the people who you played now so you cannot find the ones who were block worthy and block them. Its ridiculous.

• DevalManson
    DevalManson Member Posts: 6
    Options

I had a very bad problem with a killer whom went to far in the game and had began to hassaress me, threatening me, telling me that he was literally going to kill me. I had sent the devs.. and I have no clue if they did anything.. but this man had been stalking me and my #########. Trying to hack me. It's been crazy. I blocked him for that reason and I reported him. I just wanted him to leave me alone. So I never heard from the devs but the man had stopped after a few months of me having to not come online.. he finally left me alone. But I had to disappear for a while just so he would leave me alone.. even when I wanted to come on and play any game on steam. Cause they're no ways to stop being bothered by people who take this ######### as more then just a damn game. It's only a game. People need to stop being upset if they don't get a kill or when they get killed it's just a damn game. I don't worry about dying or living in the game I just enjoy playing it. It's a fun game. Hope that this man will never return and bother me.